Does Pulis really not favour “ball-playing” midfielders like Bannan?

As it was under Monk in the first few months, I think fans can forgive the football if we are leaving with 3 points and climbing the table.

We've been a bit of a joke for a while now so sh@t football is not going to matter that much.

Theres also the oldschool fans that like seeing players getting stuck in.

I'm not that excited though.

Edited by HIGHERSTATE

1 minute ago, rickygoo said:

The two aren’t mutually exclusive. 

Generally, I agree but they appear to be at the moment.  I don't think you could get an entertaining game out of the team that we have now.  I think there's only Bannan that entertains at the moment.  We could have any manager around come in and they would not be able to get our sorry lot playing in an entertaining passing way - major surgery and lots of money may be required to do that. 

• Like 1

Just now, shandypants said:

Generally, I agree but they appear to be at the moment.  I don't think you could get an entertaining game out of the team that we have now.  I think there's only Bannan that entertains at the moment.  We could have any manager around come in and they would not be able to get our sorry lot playing in an entertaining passing way - major surgery and lots of money may be required to do that. 

I’m not looking for Total Football. I just don’t want the mind-numbing drudgery that made my Boro mates despise Pulis even when they were doing relatively well. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

I’m not looking for Total Football. I just don’t want the mind-numbing drudgery that made my Boro mates despise Pulis even when they were doing relatively well. 

Well we have not seen us play under him yet. The very least we should afford him is a chance. 

Edited by shandypants
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

Given his reputation that’s only to be expected. Chansiri will reap what he sows. 

Perhaps. 

Though it's a shame in the sense there's a manager who we know that given time can build solid foundations out of clubs our size.

But we know he won't be because some have made up their minds.

Anyway, shouldn't you be practising your riffs and flopp shots Corky, instead of depressing yourself in here?

9 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Perhaps. 

Though it's a shame in the sense there's a manager who we know that given time can build solid foundations out of clubs our size.

But we know he won't be because some have made up their minds.

Anyway, shouldn't you be practising your riffs and flopp shots Corky, instead of depressing yourself in here?

I can multi task. 

1 hour ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

I think he still is...But the other players arnt as good as Wallace and FF.

Been saying this a while , he still wants to play like he’s playing with lee , ff and hooper. Unfortunately for him and us the players aren’t to that standard anymore and he should change his game accordingly. That sounds harsh but it’s what good players do.