Teams Pulis managed & where they are now?

I wasn't all far the appointment initially but the more I think about it. The more I think its a very very shrewd appointment and a manager who imo is underated and branded unfairly in certain ways.

If you look at the teams he has managed and where they lie in the league since. I think every team has gone backwards?? If he was such a crap manager & his anti football isnt the champagne stuff then why is this?

WBA fighting relegation in Prem.

Under Pulis had them at times comfortably mid table

Stoke Struggling up till this season in Championship and fighting relegation at times.

Under Pulis got them in Europe as well as getting to a FA CUP FINAL!

Middlesbrough Again struggling to stay in the league until now.

Pulis Had them in play offs and narrowly missed out season out season after. Thats after keeping them up.

Gillingham Struggling 

Under Pulis had them a game away from Championship narrowly losing to City.

Just a bit of perspective and my opinion.  

UTO

Edited by JOHNHARKES
  • Like 6

2 minutes ago, JOHNHARKES said:

I wasn't all far the appointment initially but the more I think about it. The more I think its a very very shrewd appointment and a manager who imo is underated and branded unfairly in certain ways.

If you look at the teams he has managed and where they lie in the league since. I think every team has gone backwards?? If he was such a crap manager & his anti football isnt the champagne stuff then why is this?

WBA fighting relegation in Prem.

Under Pulis had them at times comfortably mid table

Stoke Struggling up till this season in Championship and fighting relegation at times.

Under Pulis got them in Europe as well as getting to a FA CUP FINAL!

Middlesbrough Again struggling to stay in the league until now.

Pulis Had them in play offs and narrowly missed out season out season after. Thats after keeping them up.

Gillingham Struggling 

Under Pulis had them a game away from Championship narrowly losing to City.

Just a bit of perspective and my opinion.  

UTO

I think what you've posted/said in this post is what most fans of clubs he has gone to before us said when he arrived there

Owlstalk Shop

6 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I think what you've posted/said in this post is what most fans of clubs he has gone to before us said when he arrived there

Just trying to put a more positive spin on things.  Just desperately want a Wednesday side to be proud of!!

• Love 1

The big appointment is not Pulis - it’s the appointment following him.

He leaves behind a solid foundation with a club only capable of playing one particular way.

You have to make the most of foundation he leaves.

Too many clubs try to appease supporters and it fails. We appointed that prat Pardew - Boro appointed a novice. Stoke went from one catastrophe to another. Clubs lose the joined up thinking following him.

You only turn to Pulis once - he stabilises and leaves a solid footing for others to build from.

It’s then down to the club to make the most of it.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Liam_Baggies said:

He leaves behind a solid foundation with a club only capable of playing one particular way.

Too many clubs try to appease supporters and it fails. We appointed that prat Pardew - Boro appointed a novice. Stoke went from one catastrophe to another. Clubs lose the joined up thinking following him.

You only turn to Pulis once - he stabilises and leaves a solid footing for others to build from.

It's nice to hear that kind of perspective on things from someone who's been there in the past.

I have zero confidence that Wednesday will make the right appointment following him, but hopefully we're getting the first part of what's needed at our club in place, at least.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Liam_Baggies said:

A ******** men. 

Pretty much my thoughts on the matter. 

The priority this season is staying up, getting some balls and looking like a team. 

Then when we do that if we turn to a Lowe (who may turn out to be another Paul Hurst) or go for a different style at least we leave a solid foundation to build from

8 minutes ago, Liam_Baggies said:

The problem with Stoke wasn't Pulis leaving, they replaced him with Hughes who is more of the same style.

He led them to decent finishes in the Prem, the problems started when Hughes left and they replaced him with Lambert

• Thanks 1