I will NEVER, EVER speak up to defend the owner again

22 hours ago, Devonstrix said:

Believe me, if Pulis gets us to safety this season and has us in the top 3 next season, people won’t give a monkey’s about the style of football. I’m prepared to give him a chance and I think most Wednesdayites will do the same once all the fuss dies down.

Without spending £20m I dont see how this squad can get anywhere near top 3.

It is reported that we are not spending much in January  as well.

Going to give Pulis a chance as they is nowt else I can do anyway.

• Like 1

On 14/11/2020 at 01:50, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

I have always previously stood up for the owner. I always felt he was a decent, honourable man, from a different culture whose motives and intentions are good and in the interests of SWFC. I still do in fact. 

I felt he was a little out of his depth and ill-advised  by the parasitic agents and advisors circling the club and taking advantage of his naivety but would learn from his mistakes and slowly but surely take our club forward. 

However, two things that leaders must have to succeed are good judgement and emotional intelligence. Now it would seem that the owner has allowed Paixao to exploit our club once again by foistering another one of his cronies upon us, no doubt for his (and Pulis’) personal benefit but to the detriment of our club. A monumental lack of judgement. 

In addition, the owner has failed to recognise that, after CC’s final season followed by Jos & Monk our supporters have endured arguably the worst value for money product in the entire league and we are fed up and disillusioned. To appoint Pulis in this context shows an unbelievable lack of emotional intelligence 

For me it’s unforgivable and indefensible and I now wish the owner would sell up and leave before he destroys the club I have loved, supported and financially contributed to for 40 years. 

Maybe you should sing him DC a song Lawrie:-

Never ever have I ever felt so low
When you gonna take me out of this black hole?
Never ever have I ever felt so sad
The way I'm feeling yeah, you got me feeling really bad
Never ever have I had to find
I've had to dig away to find my own peace of mind
I've never ever had my conscience to fight
The way I'm feeling, yeah, I just don't feel right

On 14/11/2020 at 08:04, PARKOWL said:

Agreed 

i think this should be added to everyones profile when signing up 

over 50 years = Gold star and posts can not be questioned 

40 - 50 years = silver star can only be questioned by a gold star member and must sign off with it was much worse in the 70s

25 - 40 years = bronze star can ridicule others below and begin to question silver star members but only after a gold star member has done first and must sign off with I was brought up on hirst waddle Sheridan and dicanio 

under 25 years= listen up youngsters tha knows nowt and only watched poo teams 

😂😂

<- under 25 years, nearly a bronze star though.:duntmatter:

• Haha 1

On 14/11/2020 at 02:06, Tommo_ said:

Curse the owner for hiring a proven, experienced manager. 

Our fans are unbelievable 

If I'm honest, this appointment leaves me and many others feeling 'meh' but lets be honest the football we've been watching for years has been rubbish, uninspiring, gutless etc.  One thing Pulis will do is make us hard to beat and get results......people who want attractive football need to look at the squad we have and give their heads a wobble.  I'm happy to give him a chance. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

Without spending £20m I dont see how this squad can get anywhere near top 3.

It is reported that we are not spending much in January  as well.

Going to give Pulis a chance as they is nowt else I can do anyway.

This team is shyte  monks

Pulis is a fire fighter

We are crap

We look crap

Our players are crap

If he keeps us up...well done

Stop knocking the bloke before he has even started

Monk could not run a bath

If you dont like Pulis etc.  ******** off to the lane

1 point from 9 games.  

On 14/11/2020 at 07:53, Grandad said:

Ive been going 48 years so my view is much more valid than yours

;-)

Sorry. Grandad, you're a newcomer  I,ve had 56 years and counting.

I admit Pulis was not my initial choice, but I'm sorry to say that the reaction of Owls fans make me think  'Stuff Wednesday@ - not because of the choice of Manager but because of the negative and very insulting way the new Manager has received, before the ink on his contract was dry. Incidentally, given the state of SW regarding present League Position, player form and our arguements with EFL, we are not exactly a good bet for anyone, and , of the people interested in the job, who has better c/v?. It hurts me to say it but I think that Pulis is probably the man for the job. Let's be honest, the football cannot be any worse than we've been watching recently, can it?

I will say that, for once in my life, after watching Owls in even better, and in much worse state than present, I am pleased I have the excuse of not watching because of Covid, and NOT because of Chansiri, Paiaxo, or Pulis, but because of so called supporters and their reaction. I always thought a man innocent until proved guilty. That has been disproved by many 'Wednesdayites'  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Buxtongent said:

Sorry. Grandad, you're a newcomer  I,ve had 56 years and counting.

I admit Pulis was not my initial choice, but I'm sorry to say that the reaction of Owls fans make me think  'Stuff Wednesday@ - not because of the choice of Manager but because of the negative and very insulting way the new Manager has received, before the ink on his contract was dry. Incidentally, given the state of SW regarding present League Position, player form and our arguements with EFL, we are not exactly a good bet for anyone, and , of the people interested in the job, who has better c/v?. It hurts me to say it but I think that Pulis is probably the man for the job. Let's be honest, the football cannot be any worse than we've been watching recently, can it?

I will say that, for once in my life, after watching Owls in even better, and in much worse state than present, I am pleased I have the excuse of not watching because of Covid, and NOT because of Chansiri, Paiaxo, or Pulis, but because of so called supporters and their reaction. I always thought a man innocent until proved guilty. That has been disproved by many 'Wednesdayites'  

Well said that man. Unfortunately we live in the internet age and it has increased the number of cretins in our society exponentially. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TommyCraig said:

Well said that man. Unfortunately we live in the internet age and it has increased the number of cretins in our society exponentially. 

Or it's broken people out of their little echo chambers and shown that there are views other than that of your own and your mates etc

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Or it's broken people out of their little echo chambers and shown that there are views other than that of your own and your mates etc

True, but what is totally uncalled for is the absolute dogs abuse he has already been getting. I didn’t want him myself but some of the abuse is appalling. I’ve had a couple of days to come to terms with it and I think we should all just  give him a chance. Hopefully, by the time crowds are allowed back in, he will have saved us from relegation, which ought to endear the supporters to him a bit more. Let’s face it, that’s where we were going under Monk. L1. 

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Devonstrix said:

True, but what is totally uncalled for is the absolute dogs abuse he has already been getting. I didn’t want him myself but some of the abuse is appalling. 

I've seen some on Twitter - not personal abuse but people telling him to 'do one' (in stronger language obvs)

Owlstalk Shop

I don't like what I've heard about "paxo man", but for now I don't care if he or anyone else got Pulis in. I think he's the right man for our situation and If it all goes well ect, paxo could be the link between Pulis and chansiri. All 3 could work well together, Pulis could have more say on the footballing side of things ect. 

Ultimately it will be the chairman himself who suffers most from this confused thinking, so it’s hard to be too angry at him. If we don’t like what’s on offer, we can just stay away. He is financially committed to the project, whereas we’re not