I will NEVER, EVER speak up to defend the owner again

2 minutes ago, No 2 is r nilsson said:

Yes can’t argue with this, and I’d far rather go up playing great football, but this squad is p.as poor, even compared to last year, and we can’t spend.  It will take some effort to turn this round. That side Wilkinson put together at Leeds when he left us played decent football and won the league. I do t think this is always so black and white. 

Certainly Wilkinson was no Tony Pulis, but when have you ever seen Pulis play a different way? Again, I agree, Monk did us no favours with the majority of his signings. Given this backward looking appointment, you do maybe wonder what influence “the advisors” had on the summers transfer policy. 
That is not to say we were wrong to dismiss Monk, he is not even an adequate championship manager. I never wanted Monk in the first place, and could not understand why he was appointed. In the light of this current appointment, perhaps there is a trend to a more pragmatic approach. Pulis is a far more competent manager than Monk, though that actually isn’t say that much. He will bring organisation, that’s a given, but what else? Despite poor recruitment, I don’t believe the squad is that poor If it really was that poor, then perhaps we should not have had the expectation that Monk should have been doing better. This is the logic I don’t understand, if people really believe that the squad is so poor, that a 21st place under Pulis would be viewed as a success. As inadequate as he was, it wasn’t beyond Monk’s capability to achieve a 21st place finish? 
As somebody who believes the squad isn’t that bad, and just needs readjusting a little, then the sacking of Monk was necessary, but the appointment of a manager like Pulis, was unnecessary With the addition of a left back, and a genuine number nine, we have a side that should comfortably sit in mid table. In my opinion, such an extreme appointment was not required, and will, I believe, cause us more problems in the future

• Like 1

2 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

We have just suffered a year of Horrendous football under Monk and Chansiri had the chance to bring in a manager who would play entertaining football, yet he decides to hire Paxo's mate Pulis to prolong the torture. 

268680794_giphy(2).gif.3c3400b3124edda97abde705a5bd1ff3.gif

If you're referring to Eddie Howe, no chance. He's Celtic bound.

2 hours ago, stocksyuto said:

Until we are near the top 6 next season and they all come flooding back like the glory supporters they are

And what’s wrong with that?  People support for all kinds of reasons, don’t get all pious and ‘true supporter’ about it, just welcome them back (if indeed we are so lucky).  If United manage to survive in the Premier League this season, and Pulis delivers his usual feast of football, we’ll be lucky to get decent crowds back at Hillsborough, so let’s not get too picky about who is allowed to support the Owls.

3 minutes ago, Steve Down South said:

And what’s wrong with that?  People support for all kinds of reasons, don’t get all pious and ‘true supporter’ about it, just welcome them back (if indeed we are so lucky).  If United manage to survive in the Premier League this season, and Pulis delivers his usual feast of football, we’ll be lucky to get decent crowds back at Hillsborough, so let’s not get too picky about who is allowed to support the Owls.

I couldn't care less what people do it was a response to the queue for a beer was more sarcasm than anything but obviously wont come across like that online lol

The players got Monk the sack.

They pretty much downed tools at Christmas last season and they haven't really been that bothered since.

The 3 defeats to Luton, Rotherham and Wycombe, followed by beating Bournemouth is a text book scenario, where the players aren't happy and they want a change.

The players were telling us that if Monk stays, we could go down but look what we can do.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, PEARSON said:

Why do people keep saying this as if no one else can keep us up. We’ve got the vast majority of the season still to play and despite having a -6 deduction are 2 points off Coventry. Monk would have kept us up. 

I doubt Monk would have kept us up. Just look at the stats and home wins over the last 12 months. It's relegation form. We simply can't risk it and DC clearly sees Pulis as the steadiest of hands given our circumstances. 

Can’t believe so many are defending Chansiri....We have an owner who is ruining our club. He’s been here 5 minutes and already his dodgy dealings has cost us transfer embargoes and points deductions, he’s invented companies that don’t exist, he put the prices up to an amount many can’t afford, he makes his own kits that are second rate quality and just when you think he can’t do anything more ridiculous he goes for a man who produces the most negative, boring football the country has ever seen. I watch Wednesday to hopefully see them win but also for entertainment, and Pulis’s style of hoof ball and hoping to score first from a set piece and then defending for the rest of the match is not my idea of entertainment.....and for that ‘privilege’ I get to pay the highest price in the league.....And people say he has gone for someone to keep us up....if it wasn’t for Chansiri, we wouldn’t be in this mess in the first place

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, BRADDO said:

I doubt Monk would have kept us up. Just look at the stats and home wins over the last 12 months. It's relegation form. We simply can't risk it and DC clearly sees Pulis as the steadiest of hands given our circumstances. 

Fair enough. I get why people think we’d have gone down under Monk. Personally I think he’d have kept us up but understand those that don’t. What I don’t get is, given that we only have a 2 point deficit to make up and given that we should really be 4 points safe, why Pulis is being painted as the only manager capable of keeping us. We don’t need a relegation avoiding expert. Any decent manager would keep us up. We’re one win away.

11 hours ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

I have always previously stood up for the owner. I always felt he was a decent, honourable man, from a different culture whose motives and intentions are good and in the interests of SWFC. I still do in fact. 

I felt he was a little out of his depth and ill-advised  by the parasitic agents and advisors circling the club and taking advantage of his naivety but would learn from his mistakes and slowly but surely take our club forward. 

However, two things that leaders must have to succeed are good judgement and emotional intelligence. Now it would seem that the owner has allowed Paixao to exploit our club once again by foistering another one of his cronies upon us, no doubt for his (and Pulis’) personal benefit but to the detriment of our club. A monumental lack of judgement. 

In addition, the owner has failed to recognise that, after CC’s final season followed by Jos & Monk our supporters have endured arguably the worst value for money product in the entire league and we are fed up and disillusioned. To appoint Pulis in this context shows an unbelievable lack of emotional intelligence 

For me it’s unforgivable and indefensible and I now wish the owner would sell up and leave before he destroys the club I have loved, supported and financially contributed to for 40 years. 

It's one of the best decisions he has made recently 

5 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

This is also true.

Given the long list of awful decisions during his tenure, it's crazy to think that anyone would stick up for Chansiri up until this point but suddenly jump ship because he's appointed Pulis.

:duntmatter:

THIS. I'm miles from being a Chansiri fan (and I stayed on the 'give Monk time' boat until the bitter end) - but hiring Pulis isn't even in DC's top 20 of misguided decisions...

It's not even his worst managerial decision - the call to hire Jos is a lot more difficult to defend in retrospect.

• Like 1

I get not being a massive fan of Pulis.

I'm not tbh. Don't overly care for his football, nor the man personally.

But I know he's a much, much better manager than the previous incumbent and he will likely get us competing at the right end of the table in time.

Some of the reactions, hissy fits and toy chucking have been really embarrassing imo.

If people don't get exactly what they want then they just lose their minds.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Sgt Wednesday said:

The players got Monk the sack.

They pretty much downed tools at Christmas last season and they haven't really been that bothered since.

The 3 defeats to Luton, Rotherham and Wycombe, followed by beating Bournemouth is a text book scenario, where the players aren't happy and they want a change.

The players were telling us that if Monk stays, we could go down but look what we can do.

Absolutely bang on.

8 minutes ago, SiJ said:

I get not being a massive fan of Pulis.

I'm not tbh. Don't overly care for his football, nor the man personally.

But I know he's a much, much better manager than the previous incumbent and he will likely get us competing at the right end of the table in time.

Some of the reactions, hissy fits and toy chucking have been really embarrassing imo.

If people don't get exactly what they want then they just lose their minds.

This is pretty much how I feel on every point. In terms of the football, it's going to be grim and frustrating. The bloke himself comes across as rather stubborn, if not dismissively arrogant. And increasingly, people think they are the centre of the universe and that it's entirely appropriate to lose their sh*t at the tiniest misfortune.

But given the situation we are in, Pulis does at least bring some of the 'qualities' we are going to need. Our priority is staying at this level and I'm probably more confident of doing that now than I have been at any point since the points deduction was awarded.

• Like 3

Just for a bit of balance 

A short term hire?  Probably, given our position the first priority is to ensure we stay in the Championship. Following achieving security we can then make a move for someone to provide pretty football. It also means we will be in a healthier position to select from a better pool of candidates 
He only plays hoof ball.  Well maybe but his results speak for themselves and an experienced manager with attack record of winning shouldn’t be sniffed at

Why not a recruitment looking forward? As stated earlier a no risk appointment is what is required. The fan base at the moment are particularly fickle. While most on here agreed the club needed 3/4 transfer windows to turn things around Monk was crucified before he even had 1.

Let’s just get behind the team. I am sure once a few points are on the board and games being won everyone will calm down