I will NEVER, EVER speak up to defend the owner again

14 minutes ago, toppOwl said:

Had we gone up in Carlos’s second season (which we should have) we’d have gained promotion by playing dull football, it’s a funny old game.

Can anyone tell me who was the last young, up and coming manager to take over a team and get them promoted, I’m curious as to who it was.

Define young, up and coming please

35 minutes ago, No 2 is r nilsson said:

I do t think anyone much enjoys Pulis’ style of football, but when we look back Big Jack played a basic style, and so did Wilkinson, both with few resources and a small squad, and even Gray is viewed fondly for what he did, but the football was terrible. At the time we needed to steady the ship, and he did that. So now why is it different?  Is it because we’re not supposed to like Pulis?  I didn’t much enjoy watching us pick the ball out of our net and not sticking it in theirs.  We need someone who can keep us up and organise what we have (which is very ordinary) into a team that can challenge. Pulis is as good as anyone for this. 

The key words here are “look back” We should be looking forward, not trying to turn the clock back to a bygone age. Those days are gone, as a footballing nation, Britain was in the wilderness, our football was frowned upon, we were the worlds footballing pariahs Thankfully, these are more enlightened times, though perhaps not in S6. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Mate - the SEASON TICKET HOLDERS have been staying away from matches

Are they' glory supporters'?

In a way no they pay their money upto them if they waste it by not going but they would be back if we was top 6 and guaranteed first in the queue for a ticket to a final so make of that what you will

Just now, stocksyuto said:

In a way no they pay their money upto them if they waste it by not going but they would be back if we was top 6 and guaranteed first in the queue for a ticket to a final so make of that what you will

Ok - I've had a think and I've come back to you with 'they're football supporters' 

It's what football supporters do

Or people of any business 

e.g. a nightclub becomes cool - everyone goes to it. Nightclub becomes less cool - less people go to it

Don't be naive enough to believe that football and football fans are different

We'll find out over coming months/years whether Pulis football will attract fans to games or not either way.

I have my predictions

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

7 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

WTF - they're in every single thread!!

people coming along boring us with 'Why don't we give the new guy a chance?' like it makes even an ounce of difference either way

lol

Oh I must have missed them. Thanks for keeping me informed.

8 hours ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

I have always previously stood up for the owner. I always felt he was a decent, honourable man, from a different culture whose motives and intentions are good and in the interests of SWFC. I still do in fact. 

I felt he was a little out of his depth and ill-advised  by the parasitic agents and advisors circling the club and taking advantage of his naivety but would learn from his mistakes and slowly but surely take our club forward. 

However, two things that leaders must have to succeed are good judgement and emotional intelligence. Now it would seem that the owner has allowed Paixao to exploit our club once again by foistering another one of his cronies upon us, no doubt for his (and Pulis’) personal benefit but to the detriment of our club. A monumental lack of judgement. 

In addition, the owner has failed to recognise that, after CC’s final season followed by Jos & Monk our supporters have endured arguably the worst value for money product in the entire league and we are fed up and disillusioned. To appoint Pulis in this context shows an unbelievable lack of emotional intelligence 

For me it’s unforgivable and indefensible and I now wish the owner would sell up and leave before he destroys the club I have loved, supported and financially contributed to for 40 years. 

Lol

45 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

The key words here are “look back” We should be looking forward, not trying to turn the clock back to a bygone age. Those days are gone, as a footballing nation, Britain was in the wilderness, our football was frowned upon, we were the worlds footballing pariahs Thankfully, these are more enlightened times, though perhaps not in S6. 

Yes can’t argue with this, and I’d far rather go up playing great football, but this squad is p.as poor, even compared to last year, and we can’t spend.  It will take some effort to turn this round. That side Wilkinson put together at Leeds when he left us played decent football and won the league. I do t think this is always so black and white. 

21 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

Lawrie is entitled to his viewpoint without being slagged off. Everyone will feel differently about the appointment.

Of course he is. And I don't think anybody's slagged him off, have they?

But other posters are equally entitled to respond to his viewpoint and the way it's being expressed (without being abusive, of course), otherwise what's the point of a discussion forum?

Edited by areNOTwhatTHEYseem

38 minutes ago, Bigblueowl said:

Christ on a bike what's up with people! 

Hughly experienced manager to get us out of the shat and the negative Nigel brigade chucking the toys around! 

It's happened deal with it and get behind the club! 

Not until I get my refund.

lol

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, BRADDO said:

We need to stay up. That's all that matters. Pulis will keep us up.

Why do people keep saying this as if no one else can keep us up. We’ve got the vast majority of the season still to play and despite having a -6 deduction are 2 points off Coventry. Monk would have kept us up. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

I have always previously stood up for the owner. I always felt he was a decent, honourable man, from a different culture whose motives and intentions are good and in the interests of SWFC. I still do in fact. 

I felt he was a little out of his depth and ill-advised  by the parasitic agents and advisors circling the club and taking advantage of his naivety but would learn from his mistakes and slowly but surely take our club forward. 

However, two things that leaders must have to succeed are good judgement and emotional intelligence. Now it would seem that the owner has allowed Paixao to exploit our club once again by foistering another one of his cronies upon us, no doubt for his (and Pulis’) personal benefit but to the detriment of our club. A monumental lack of judgement. 

In addition, the owner has failed to recognise that, after CC’s final season followed by Jos & Monk our supporters have endured arguably the worst value for money product in the entire league and we are fed up and disillusioned. To appoint Pulis in this context shows an unbelievable lack of emotional intelligence 

For me it’s unforgivable and indefensible and I now wish the owner would sell up and leave before he destroys the club I have loved, supported and financially contributed to for 40 years. 

🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Do you actually know/have any proof that Pulis is connected to Doyen/Paxo? 

He a proven, experienced manager. Pretty much exactly what we needed and the opposite to Monk. 

3 hours ago, PARKOWL said:

Agreed 

i think this should be added to everyones profile when signing up 

over 50 years = Gold star and posts can not be questioned 

40 - 50 years = silver star can only be questioned by a gold star member and must sign off with it was much worse in the 70s

25 - 40 years = bronze star can ridicule others below and begin to question silver star members but only after a gold star member has done first and must sign off with I was brought up on hirst waddle Sheridan and dicanio 

under 25 years= listen up youngsters tha knows nowt and only watched poo teams 

😂😂

What about 60 years ? Ultimate ruler answerable only to God