I will NEVER, EVER speak up to defend the owner again

I do t think anyone much enjoys Pulis’ style of football, but when we look back Big Jack played a basic style, and so did Wilkinson, both with few resources and a small squad, and even Gray is viewed fondly for what he did, but the football was terrible. At the time we needed to steady the ship, and he did that. So now why is it different?  Is it because we’re not supposed to like Pulis?  I didn’t much enjoy watching us pick the ball out of our net and not sticking it in theirs.  We need someone who can keep us up and organise what we have (which is very ordinary) into a team that can challenge. Pulis is as good as anyone for this. 

• Like 1

At one level the OP and the following posts please me greatly as it shows the passion and love people have for the club. 
At another level it surprises me how much visceral hatred there is for Pulis! I didn’t really want him to come but have said previously if he was appointed I could see why and would give him a go and see if the (hopefully) improved results could override the probably horrible football. 
I am surprised how much hatred there is for a bloke who hasn’t started. As for the Paxo business, it is what it is. I don’t think the influence is evil, just incompetent. 
In the round however garbage things are I will still be watching and supporting. 
I watched the Rotherham and  Wycombe games and then still tuned in for Bournemouth! 
I’m 40 years into this rollercoaster ride and am not getting off now however bumpy it’s going to get!

Up the Owls 🦉 

Just now, CircleSeven said:

At one level the OP and the following posts please me greatly as it shows the passion and love people have for the club. 
At another level it surprises me how much visceral hatred there is for Pulis! I didn’t really want him to come but have said previously if he was appointed I could see why and would give him a go and see if the (hopefully) improved results could override the probably horrible football. 
I am surprised how much hatred there is for a bloke who hasn’t started. As for the Paxo business, it is what it is. I don’t think the influence is evil, just incompetent. 
In the round however garbage things are I will still be watching and supporting. 
I watched the Rotherham and  Wycombe games and then still tuned in for Bournemouth! 
I’m 40 years into this rollercoaster ride and am not getting off now however bumpy it’s going to get!

Up the Owls 🦉 

Everyone will have initial groans and then settle down and judge things on performances/results etc

That's how life is online

It's how it's always been

It's how it always will be

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

Here's a novel idea.

Why not give a NEW manager time to get in the door and see and listen to his philosophy before slagging him off ?

You know actually see what he can do at our club instead of judging him on his previous appointments.

I can remember when we appointed Jack Charlton and Howard Wilkinson and seeing and hearing much the same sentiments.

Mind you they were real life conversations, in real life locations and with real life people.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, No 2 is r nilsson said:

I do t think anyone much enjoys Pulis’ style of football, but when we look back Big Jack played a basic style, and so did Wilkinson, both with few resources and a small squad, and even Gray is viewed fondly for what he did, but the football was terrible. At the time we needed to steady the ship, and he did that. So now why is it different?  Is it because we’re not supposed to like Pulis?  I didn’t much enjoy watching us pick the ball out of our net and not sticking it in theirs.  We need someone who can keep us up and organise what we have (which is very ordinary) into a team that can challenge. Pulis is as good as anyone for this. 

This strikes a chord with me for definite. In particular Stuart Gray. I thought he was a good guy who made the best of what he had. But yes, the football was awful. So bad I had a mate in Nottingham  (a Forrest fan) who phoned me at half time when we were playing them to check if I was ok as we were so awful he felt sorry for me! Yet I don’t look back on him with anything other than fond memories. 
makes no sense, but then getting bothered about a few blokes chasing a bag of wind around makes no sense anyway!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hotten Owl said:

My initial reaction was, admittedly, a bit of a strop as well. I've just had enough of how the club has been run these last few years. My gripes started with that ridiculous fan survey. We all know the other issues that have alienated supporters, I wont bang on about them here. I think it has just been a culmination, and a large proportion of fans are at the end of their tether, culminating in the appointment of Pullis.

I wasn't impressed with the appointments of Lukhay and Monk in particular, but followed the line of supporting them as I have always done. Bruce looked to be a decent ish appointment, but we know how it turned out. I genuinely feel that Pullis is an extremely poor choice. Having said that, I have calmed down and their have been plenty of reasonable posts, arenotwhattheyseems above is a cracking example, that have calmed me down a bit. I can at least see the positives to the appointment (though I maintain that there isn't many), and completely get the argument that staying up this season is the most important thing. 

However, it just smacks of another short term appointment, papering over the cracks. I may well be wrong, and obviously hope that I am, but the other worry is that he doesn't turn it round and we carry on as we are, which I think is likely looking at our current squad. Coupled with what will be terrible football, pretty much guaranteed, I can just see us stumbling in to even more of a mess. I have spoken to a West Brom fan who offered me his condolences(!), and read plenty about Pullis, and surely there can be no argument that we are headed for attritional, long ball football. 

I would have loved to have seen a forward thinking appointment, a young up and coming manager who could really build the club up again, rather than another reliance on a manager off the carousel. Lowe fit this bill, and obviously it would have been more of a gamble. I'm out of ides beyond that which is why I have no say I suppose!

After my initial strop, I will come round (slowly) and start to back him, and see how it plays out. But any optimism and enthusiasm for it? Nope, not really. 

This 👏

1 minute ago, CircleSeven said:

This strikes a chord with me for definite. In particular Stuart Gray. I thought he was a good guy who made the best of what he had. But yes, the football was awful. So bad I had a mate in Nottingham  (a Forrest fan) who phoned me at half time when we were playing them to check if I was ok as we were so awful he felt sorry for me! Yet I don’t look back on him with anything other than fond memories.   

Time heals

At the time you're watching it it's agony

lol

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

And lets face it ,whatever Chansiri does he will be praised and fawned over by some idiots on here.

Works both ways

Totally untrue-show me where the praise and fawnication  is.Would love to see it all idiot. See,i can sink to your level when deserved idiot.

7 hours ago, Tommo_ said:

Curse the owner for hiring a proven, experienced manager. 

Our fans are unbelievable 

We have just suffered a year of Horrendous football under Monk and Chansiri had the chance to bring in a manager who would play entertaining football, yet he decides to hire Paxo's mate Pulis to prolong the torture. 

268680794_giphy(2).gif.3c3400b3124edda97abde705a5bd1ff3.gif

• Like 1

In terms of the Paixao and Pulis link, I don’t think anything untoward is happening here. 

They may have some kind of link to agents knowing agents, but that’s football nowadays. It’s not like we’ve gone out and brought in a complete wild card that no one has heard about it.

Pulis is the stand out candidate for the situation we are in and it makes perfect sense from a football situation. We have lost a lot of games, we are incredibly soft at the back, we make mistakes regularly in games and the squad we have is bang average. Pulis is notoriously known for getting teams organised and grinding out results - which is exactly what we need right now.

Pulis is no puppet. He is a very experienced and proven manager who is huge improvement on Monk. The football won’t be great, but please. Since Wembley, has the football at Wednesday really been that great? No the vast majority of it has been painful to watch.

Edited by SallyCinnamon
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, latemodelchild said:

Me and my lad are gonna have no trouble getting served at half time when we are let back in it seems. Half the fan base isn't gonna come back now we've appointed Pulis. We'll probably get a decent parking space too. Really looking forward to it. 

Until we are near the top 6 next season and they all come flooding back like the glory supporters they are

3 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

In terms of the Paixao and Pulis link, I don’t think anything untoward is happening here. 

They may have some kind of link to agents knowing agents, but that’s football nowadays. It’s not like we’ve gone out and brought in a complete wild card that no one has heard about it.

Pulis is the stand out candidate for the situation we are in and it makes perfect sense from a football situation. We have lost a lot of games, we are incredibly soft at the back, we make mistakes regularly in games and the squad we have is bang average. Pulis is notoriously known for getting teams organised and grinding out results - which is exactly what we need by now.

Pulis is no puppet. He is a very experienced and proven manager who is huge improvement on Monk. The football won’t be great, but please. Since Wembley, has the football at Wednesday really been that great? No the vast majority of it has been painful to watch.

Had we gone up in Carlos’s second season (which we should have) we’d have gained promotion by playing dull football, it’s a funny old game.

Can anyone tell me who was the last young, up and coming manager to take over a team and get them promoted, I’m curious as to who it was.

• Like 1