I will NEVER, EVER speak up to defend the owner again

7 minutes ago, Grandad said:

I'm gonna make us the most expensive club in the Championship

Yeah, I'm ok with that

I'm going to price all merchandise at Premier League top end prices - and ditch a recognised manufacturer in favour of a back street made up one
Yeah, I'm ok with that

I'm gonna ditch all the clubs sponsors and make up some companies and plaster the made up names all over Hillsborough
Yeah, I'm ok with that
I'm gonna make bad decision after bad decision and drive the clubs finances into a massive sewer until we get a 12 pt deduction
Yeah, I'm ok with that
I'm gonna totally trash the clubs 150th Anniversary celebrations
Yeah, I'm ok with that
I'm gonna employ a negative manager with a stupid tache that nobody has ever heard of
Yeah I'm ok with that
I'm gonna sell the clubs stadium to a 3rd party company 

Yeah I'm ok with that
I'm gonna employ a manager thats never been relegated in a career spanning 1200plus games
WHAT??? YOU ABSOLUTE BASSARD CHANSIRI - GET OUT OF OUR CLUB 

When you put it like that 

it’s very hard to argue with, great post 

To be perfectly honest, from what I could see there was not a massive groundswell of support for any of the many candidates being put forward, either in the media or on here.
Each and everyone of us will have had a differing opinion of who should have been given the job, Pulis was certainly not the new manager that I personally wanted, but hey-ho he’s here now so I’ll get behind him and hope that he can take us forwards from here.

As I see it, no matter who Chansiri had brought in there would be a section of the fan base left disillusioned / unhappy? 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, PARKOWL said:

Agreed 

i think this should be added to everyones profile when signing up 

over 50 years = Gold star and posts can not be questioned 

40 - 50 years = silver star can only be questioned by a gold star member and must sign off with it was much worse in the 70s

25 - 40 years = bronze star can ridicule others below and begin to question silver star members but only after a gold star member has done first and must sign off with I was brought up on hirst waddle Sheridan and dicanio 

under 25 years= listen up youngsters tha knows nowt and only watched poo teams 

😂😂

I'll take my bronze star, thank you.

I was brought up on Hirst, Waddle, Sheridan and Di Canio.

6 hours ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

I have always previously stood up for the owner. I always felt he was a decent, honourable man, from a different culture whose motives and intentions are good and in the interests of SWFC. I still do in fact. 

I felt he was a little out of his depth and ill-advised  by the parasitic agents and advisors circling the club and taking advantage of his naivety but would learn from his mistakes and slowly but surely take our club forward. 

However, two things that leaders must have to succeed are good judgement and emotional intelligence. Now it would seem that the owner has allowed Paixao to exploit our club once again by foistering another one of his cronies upon us, no doubt for his (and Pulis’) personal benefit but to the detriment of our club. A monumental lack of judgement. 

In addition, the owner has failed to recognise that, after CC’s final season followed by Jos & Monk our supporters have endured arguably the worst value for money product in the entire league and we are fed up and disillusioned. To appoint Pulis in this context shows an unbelievable lack of emotional intelligence 

For me it’s unforgivable and indefensible and I now wish the owner would sell up and leave before he destroys the club I have loved, supported and financially contributed to for 40 years. 

That opening paragraph was your first mistake. These people aren't fans and they have no connection to our club; it's BUSINESS

I think it's the case of people having had enough yesterday. There was definitely more mention of Paxo on here, and also in the media.
Many are asking who is really running the club. Paxo or Chansiri ?

I'm disappointed with Pulis. but i know he's a tough nut to crack and that may save us from relegation.
He will have my support based on results  and the team will always have my support, 
Our real problem is Chansiri and Paxo..... and the ongoing long term safety of the club in their hands.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

To be perfectly honest, from what I could see there was not a massive groundswell of support for any of the many candidates being put forward, either in the media or on here.
Each and everyone of us will have had a differing opinion of who should have been given the job, Pulis was certainly not the new manager that I personally wanted, but hey-ho he’s here now so I’ll get behind him and hope that he can take us forwards from here.

As I see it, no matter who Chansiri had brought in there would be a section of the fan base left disillusioned / unhappy? 🤷🏻‍♂️

Very fair points. Wasn't the vote on here for Pullis 50-50 brexit style close? I would have thought that some of the other managers linked (Sven apart, though that would have been very funny) would have received a more positive response overall. I would have preferred Pearson, Lowe, Cook in that order. I think all 3 would have been more positively received than Pullis, but as you said, there would be plenty of gripes too. All would also have carried a risk, and may not have been remotely interested in the job. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Grandad said:

I'm gonna make us the most expensive club in the Championship

Yeah, I'm ok with that

I'm going to price all merchandise at Premier League top end prices - and ditch a recognised manufacturer in favour of a back street made up one
Yeah, I'm ok with that

I'm gonna ditch all the clubs sponsors and make up some companies and plaster the made up names all over Hillsborough
Yeah, I'm ok with that
I'm gonna make bad decision after bad decision and drive the clubs finances into a massive sewer until we get a 12 pt deduction
Yeah, I'm ok with that
I'm gonna totally trash the clubs 150th Anniversary celebrations
Yeah, I'm ok with that
I'm gonna employ a negative manager with a stupid tache that nobody has ever heard of
Yeah I'm ok with that
I'm gonna sell the clubs stadium to a 3rd party company 

Yeah I'm ok with that
I'm gonna employ a manager thats never been relegated in a career spanning 1200plus games
WHAT??? YOU ABSOLUTE BASSARD CHANSIRI - GET OUT OF OUR CLUB 

Thought you’d left to watch non league .. go back there I say ...

8 minutes ago, Elderly Owl said:

Tsk tsk! You young ‘uns need t’get t’pub for a pint!

Young Tony Pulis will see us reyt.

Gold star member right here ⭐

At Boro ... Pulis was tasked with readdressing the team due FFP ... Gibson own words... he had to sell more than he could buy in other words.

Delivered a play of semi final ...

Delivered 7th in the league but had an end of season collapse of 5 straight defeats otherwise would of been another playoff chance. 

That’s in 18 months.

He did that by changing their style... it comes at a cost.

tony Pulis league finishing positions excluding .. Plymouth (14th ) Bournemouth 2x17th positions and a promotion and play off final with Gillingham .

Tony Pulis full season league positions 

Tony Pulis Record 

Boro championship 
7th 
5th 

West Brom premier league 
10th 
14th 
13th 

Palace premier league 
11th 

Stoke 
2012-13: Premier League 13th 42 
2011-12: Premier League 14th 45 
2010-11: Premier League 13th 46 
2009-10: Premier League 11th 47 
2008-09: Premier League 12th 45 
2007-08: Championship 2nd 79 
2006-07: Championship 8th 73 
2004-05: Championship 12th 61 
2003-04: Division One 11th 66 
2002-03: Division One 21st 50 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, quinnssweetshop said:

Problem is, the business is clearly being run badly.

And the ultimate failure of the business, could mean the end of our club. People are understandably worried.

So to get an experienced, motivated extremely knowledgeable football man through and through has got to give us more stability and credence. Think carefully when you answer as I have a gold star.💫

• Love 2

7 hours ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

I have always previously stood up for the owner. I always felt he was a decent, honourable man, from a different culture whose motives and intentions are good and in the interests of SWFC. I still do in fact. 

I felt he was a little out of his depth and ill-advised  by the parasitic agents and advisors circling the club and taking advantage of his naivety but would learn from his mistakes and slowly but surely take our club forward. 

However, two things that leaders must have to succeed are good judgement and emotional intelligence. Now it would seem that the owner has allowed Paixao to exploit our club once again by foistering another one of his cronies upon us, no doubt for his (and Pulis’) personal benefit but to the detriment of our club. A monumental lack of judgement. 

In addition, the owner has failed to recognise that, after CC’s final season followed by Jos & Monk our supporters have endured arguably the worst value for money product in the entire league and we are fed up and disillusioned. To appoint Pulis in this context shows an unbelievable lack of emotional intelligence 

For me it’s unforgivable and indefensible and I now wish the owner would sell up and leave before he destroys the club I have loved, supported and financially contributed to for 40 years. 

81D8174F-2954-47E5-8E63-9593B48384DA.gif

• Haha 1