I will NEVER, EVER speak up to defend the owner again

Guest Grandad
1 hour ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

You may disagree with his appointment, but to call it 'unforgivable and indefensible' and see it as destroying our club smacks of a temper tantrum and, ironically, a lack of emotional intelligence.

Completely agree

The Chairman had our club on its knees LONG before the Pulis announcement

1 hour ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

There are those who think Pulis is a good appointment and there are those who don't. That's fair enough.

But to throw your toys out of the pram like this because the chairman has hired him is embarrassing.

I know it's fashionable to see Paixao as evil incarnate, but if his sole motivation was to get Pulis a job, you have to wonder why he hasn't done so before now. It's also possible that, as plenty of fans and experienced football men also appear to, he views Pulis as a good fit for our current situation and was in a position to help facilitate his appointment.

Whether or not you think Pulis is the right man for the job,  it's hardly as if Chansiri has just employed some complete no-hoper: this is a man who managed in the Premier League for nigh-on a decade and had a 44% win ratio in this division at his last club. There are clear reasons why he's been given the job.

You may disagree with his appointment, but to call it 'unforgivable and indefensible' and see it as destroying our club smacks of a temper tantrum and, ironically, a lack of emotional intelligence.

As per usual when one of these posts appears though, at least we know how long you've supported Wednesday.

:duntmatter:

100% spot on 

oh and I’ve been going 39 years if anyone is keeping a table on these things 

Guest Grandad
2 minutes ago, PARKOWL said:

100% spot on 

oh and I’ve been going 39 years if anyone is keeping a table on these things 

Ive been going 48 years so my view is much more valid than yours

;-)

Guest hirstysfags
3 minutes ago, Grandad said:

;-)

First game in 1985 so I'm only a young un.

8 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Completely agree

The Chairman had our club on its knees LONG before the Pulis announcement

This is also true.

Given the long list of awful decisions during his tenure, it's crazy to think that anyone would stick up for Chansiri up until this point but suddenly jump ship because he's appointed Pulis.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Grandad said:

;-)

Agreed 

i think this should be added to everyones profile when signing up 

over 50 years = Gold star and posts can not be questioned 

40 - 50 years = silver star can only be questioned by a gold star member and must sign off with it was much worse in the 70s

25 - 40 years = bronze star can ridicule others below and begin to question silver star members but only after a gold star member has done first and must sign off with I was brought up on hirst waddle Sheridan and dicanio 

under 25 years= listen up youngsters tha knows nowt and only watched poo teams 

😂😂

Guest Grandad
Just now, PARKOWL said:

Agreed 

i think this should be added to everyones profile when signing up 

over 50 years = Gold star and posts can not be questioned 

40 - 50 years = silver star can only be questioned by a gold star member and must sign off with it was much worse in the 70s

25 - 40 years = bronze star can ridicule others below and begin to question silver star members but only after a gold star member has done first and must sign off with I was brought up on hirst waddle Sheridan and dicanio 

under 25 years= listen up youngsters tha knows nowt and only watched poo teams 

😂😂

Its a better idea than getting rid of the Down votes.

It might just work

My initial reaction was, admittedly, a bit of a strop as well. I've just had enough of how the club has been run these last few years. My gripes started with that ridiculous fan survey. We all know the other issues that have alienated supporters, I wont bang on about them here. I think it has just been a culmination, and a large proportion of fans are at the end of their tether, culminating in the appointment of Pullis.

I wasn't impressed with the appointments of Lukhay and Monk in particular, but followed the line of supporting them as I have always done. Bruce looked to be a decent ish appointment, but we know how it turned out. I genuinely feel that Pullis is an extremely poor choice. Having said that, I have calmed down and their have been plenty of reasonable posts, arenotwhattheyseems above is a cracking example, that have calmed me down a bit. I can at least see the positives to the appointment (though I maintain that there isn't many), and completely get the argument that staying up this season is the most important thing. 

However, it just smacks of another short term appointment, papering over the cracks. I may well be wrong, and obviously hope that I am, but the other worry is that he doesn't turn it round and we carry on as we are, which I think is likely looking at our current squad. Coupled with what will be terrible football, pretty much guaranteed, I can just see us stumbling in to even more of a mess. I have spoken to a West Brom fan who offered me his condolences(!), and read plenty about Pullis, and surely there can be no argument that we are headed for attritional, long ball football. 

I would have loved to have seen a forward thinking appointment, a young up and coming manager who could really build the club up again, rather than another reliance on a manager off the carousel. Lowe fit this bill, and obviously it would have been more of a gamble. I'm out of ides beyond that which is why I have no say I suppose!

After my initial strop, I will come round (slowly) and start to back him, and see how it plays out. But any optimism and enthusiasm for it? Nope, not really. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Guest Grandad
7 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

This is also true.

Given the long list of awful decisions during his tenure, it's crazy to think that anyone would stick up for Chansiri up until this point but suddenly jump ship because he's appointed Pulis.

I'm gonna make us the most expensive club in the Championship

Yeah, I'm ok with that

I'm going to price all merchandise at Premier League top end prices - and ditch a recognised manufacturer in favour of a back street made up one
Yeah, I'm ok with that

I'm gonna ditch all the clubs sponsors and make up some companies and plaster the made up names all over Hillsborough
Yeah, I'm ok with that
I'm gonna make bad decision after bad decision and drive the clubs finances into a massive sewer until we get a 12 pt deduction
Yeah, I'm ok with that
I'm gonna totally trash the clubs 150th Anniversary celebrations
Yeah, I'm ok with that
I'm gonna employ a negative manager with a stupid tache that nobody has ever heard of
Yeah I'm ok with that
I'm gonna sell the clubs stadium to a 3rd party company 

Yeah I'm ok with that
I'm gonna employ a manager thats never been relegated in a career spanning 1200plus games
WHAT??? YOU ABSOLUTE BASSARD CHANSIRI - GET OUT OF OUR CLUB