Buyer lined up..providing..

Guest Therealrealist

1 hour ago, Swiss Toni said:

Amazing what a 6 point gain can do. All of a sudden (and with a new manager in Pulis) we are more appealing. Might even appeal to Jackson Irvine now as with him being a 6ft 2in CM he may be just the sort of Pulis type signing for the Championship and we are desperately light in CM all of a sudden. Brown and Luongo are not always fit and Bannan may be on the fringe now or out wide. 

Forgot about him, good shout again.

On 14/11/2020 at 14:42, Kraschenbern said:

The massive flaw in what you're saying, is that allegedly Pullis has been given a contract taking him beyond this season. If he'd been given one season I could believe it, but apparently he hasn't.

I also think DC is desperate to see us promoted, after sinking so much money in he will want a return, and the only way to get that is us being in the top flight. 

Hypothetically, I think he would either want to retain some shares, or receive a huge payout on promotion. To me he seems too stubborn to admit defeat. He's gonna want something back. He knows we will attract 35000 at Hillsborough if we were promoted, those kind of figures plus the TV money would mean we'd have the potential to compete with the second tier of clubs in the premier, (your Evertons, Villas, Leeds etc). He ain't gonna walk away from that "potential" easily. If at all. He bought us for that exact reason.

I'm not his biggest fan. But to be honest, if we made it to the top flight I do believe he would spend to give us the infrastructure for years to come. I just think he doesnt wanna do it yet, cos being stuck in this division is a financial nightmare, and he's already spent what I would imagine to be around 100 million. If he sold us, and we got promoted, he would have missed a massive opportunity. I dont think he is the kind of guy to want to miss out on that. That may be down to ego, stubbornness etc, bit I do think he wants to succeed. 

All just my opinion. I dont know the guy. Just the feeling I get from him. 

He's spent well over 100m. Losing 20-25m per season and buying stadium on top. 

The club as it stands doesn't have many assets but lots of liabilities and the only potential bailout is Prem revenue. 

Maybe there is a rich new owner but tbh they will be hamstrung by FFP and under current climate with reduced matchday income and a playing squad whose biggest sellable assets are either out of contract or non existent I'm calling BS on anyone imminent.