Buyer lined up..providing..

Guest Therealrealist

1 minute ago, StudentOwl said:

FFS @Therealrealist

Not two weeks ago we were told that us fans cost the club £100m in sponsorship, now you're revealing we have a buyer lined up?

DC must be having KITTENS. lol

Imagine that we had a buyer lined up and then they saw the reaction (especially on Twitter) to Pulis' appointment and pulled out

lol

• Haha 3

Owlstalk Shop

2 hours ago, FoxOwl12 said:

Somebody worth £100 billion could come in but would still only be able to spend in accordance with FFP and P&S rules. I am sure Mr.Chansiri would love to spend more, but is unable to do so. 

FFP will be out of the window next season because teams will be going under left ,right and centre

6 hours ago, vulva said:

Can you send me the forms to complete to get the returns you talk about. I’d love some of that. You might squeeze 18% on a Zimbabwean junk bond tbf. On a bad day, with rumours of Mugabe making a comeback. 

9% a year? You ever thought of starting up as an IFA?

Sorry that club is marked "EXCLUSIVE" It's the little rollers that take the hit !

If you listened to all the interview you should by now have made your mind up that Chansiri tells mistruths and repeatedly contradicts himself

1. He put the blame on our performances down to the players completely defending Monks ability as a Coach/Manager - 7 days later he fired him.

2.  He also made the statement he wouldn’t have gone along with season tickets preferring to charge more when we are winning and less when we are losing - if that was his initial thoughts WHY have we ended up paying extortionate amounts of money for yearly season tickets and then there’s the 5 and 10 year schemes. 

3.  Then he blames the supporters for losing a multi million pound sponsorship deal when only this week we are told of a major deal with a betting organization - they weren’t obviously out off by the supporters.

Im sorry but I can’t believe what comes out of his mouth and hope that there is a buyer waiting in the wings.

All my prayers would be answered if it was Jim Radcliffe the billionaire who owns Ineos and Nice FC

I live in hope !!!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, bolton9owl said:

If you listened to all the interview you should by now have made your mind up that Chansiri tells mistruths and repeatedly contradicts himself

1. He put the blame on our performances down to the players completely defending Monks ability as a Coach/Manager - 7 days later he fired him.

2.  He also made the statement he wouldn’t have gone along with season tickets preferring to charge more when we are winning and less when we are losing - if that was his initial thoughts WHY have we ended up paying extortionate amounts of money for yearly season tickets and then there’s the 5 and 10 year schemes. 

3.  Then he blames the supporters for losing a multi million pound sponsorship deal when only this week we are told of a major deal with a betting organization - they weren’t obviously out off by the supporters.

Im sorry but I can’t believe what comes out of his mouth and hope that there is a buyer waiting in the wings.

All my prayers would be answered if it was Jim Radcliffe the billionaire who owns Ineos and Nice FC

I live in hope !!!!

Be careful what you wish for.
It will be quite a round trip from Bolton when he relocates Hillsborough to France near his Bridgend car factory    lol

58 minutes ago, the mighty wednesday said:

Be careful what you wish for.
It will be quite a round trip from Bolton when he relocates Hillsborough to France near his Bridgend car factory    lol

You might be right but Jim Radcliffe made his millions from employing hard working tradesmen in the Chemical industry, Sheffield with its history of Steelmaking has a lot of parallels and an abundance of working class which he can relate to so a new owner with his wealth and background would get my vote of approval.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, bolton9owl said:

You might be right but Jim Radcliffe made his millions from employing hard working tradesmen in the Chemical industry, Sheffield with its history of Steelmaking has a lot of parallels and an abundance of working class which he can relate to so a new owner with his wealth and background would get my vote of approval.

Yes he relates to us northerners so well that he managed to convince the "Red Wall" to vote for Brexit/Tories and he expects it to be so good for the country that he's gone to Monaco in tax exile and plans to move his prospective car factory from Wales to the Moselle region of France.

I Can't deny he seems like a real man of the people/ordinary bloke just like Farage and Johnson.  lol    I'm wondering if Rees Mogg fancies buying us and building a new stadium in Dublin.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, ozzieowl said:

Surely new owners no matter how rich can’t put any more money in. 
lf DC could he would do himself. He wants same as rest of us. 

Not into the football side of things they can't but they can spend as much as they want on the academy & infrastructure such as stadium upgrades or new stadium, new & bigger state off the art training facilities.

• Like 4

This could be true, I've got a feeling it is. I can't trust a word chansiri says, so anything could happen. I cannot read the bloke 100% I bet he's good at poker.:Chansiri:All we can do is wait and see if someone remembers this thread next year. The only thing that wouldn't make sense is if Pulis is on a longer contract then this season. Also when chansiri was asked about the future ect. he said along the lines that he doesn't really know and will take it step by step with the current situation. That could mean everything with covid or he's looking at selling or it could mean both?

On 13/11/2020 at 22:42, Therealrealist said:

A USA consortium are supposedly lining up a 200 mill takeover of Burnley..Burnley ffs..a town about half the size of Rotherham..they maybe pl..for now..but what can they do wi Burnley??

A lot more than they can do with a club in an equally 'deprived' area that are not getting £120m+ per year in TV money.

It's incredibly naive to think that a Premier League club that makes a profit every year and has a turnover 5 tines the size of ours isn't a more appealing proposition to a buyer. What you should be asking yourself is if Burnley is only worth £200m, how much is Wednesday really worth. 

It loses more money than when Chansiri took over, the playing squad are worth no more than when Chansiri took over and other than a bit of turf at Hillsborough and a couple of fancy portakabins at the training ground, hasn't had any real investment so realistically it's probably worth no more now than when big D took over.

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, bolton9owl said:

You might be right but Jim Radcliffe made his millions from employing hard working tradesmen in the Chemical industry, 

It's funny that because Jim Ratcliffe also made millions from the chemical industry.