Buyer lined up..providing..

Guest Therealrealist

Guest LondonOwl313
59 minutes ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Fixed interest returns would offer Chansiri  6%  Bonds would offer up to 18%.

So assuming with spread investments he can comfortably accrue a 9% return PA all the doubters can work it out for themselves !

Enough to run Barnsley, Rotherham and Doncaster with change to spare. Scrub one of those out he has tax to pay  lol 

Interest rates are on the floor as are credit spreads. So any bonds yielding those sorts of figures are very high risk to the extent that there’s a strong chance you’d lose your principle on them 

6 hours ago, Therealrealist said:

People who think nobody would want us are very naive..we are still a good name in English football..do you think the oil and gas merchants in Azerbaijan..Russia..and khazakstan are flapping about losing a few million? After a Ferrari..a reyt fit wife..the next status symbol is an English football club..A Russian bloke funds bournemouth..USA are looking at Burnley ffs

Does DC have a Ferrari and a reyt fit wife?

• Haha 1

Guest Mcguigan
7 hours ago, Therealrealist said:

A USA consortium are supposedly lining up a 200 mill takeover of Burnley..Burnley ffs..a town about half the size of Rotherham..they maybe pl..for now..but what can they do wi Burnley??

Well they've posted £50m of profit over the last two seasons, so have a guess.

We on the other hand have posted £50m of losses. What could they do wi Wednesday?

6 hours ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Fixed interest returns would offer Chansiri  6%  Bonds would offer up to 18%.

So assuming with spread investments he can comfortably accrue a 9% return PA all the doubters can work it out for themselves !

Enough to run Barnsley, Rotherham and Doncaster with change to spare. Scrub one of those out he has tax to pay  lol 

Can you send me the forms to complete to get the returns you talk about. I’d love some of that. You might squeeze 18% on a Zimbabwean junk bond tbf. On a bad day, with rumours of Mugabe making a comeback. 

9% a year? You ever thought of starting up as an IFA?

• Haha 4

Guest FoxOwl12

Somebody worth £100 billion could come in but would still only be able to spend in accordance with FFP and P&S rules. I am sure Mr.Chansiri would love to spend more, but is unable to do so. 

17 minutes ago, FoxOwl12 said:

Somebody worth £100 billion could come in but would still only be able to spend in accordance with FFP and P&S rules. I am sure Mr.Chansiri would love to spend more, but is unable to do so. 

The single most important thing said on this thread. 

10 hours ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Who’s going to buy us in our predicament? DC is about £140m in and he won’t get anywhere near the money that he’s invested. Just can’t see it. Hope I’m wrong.

DC’s family are in for 140 million, an amount which is only going to get bigger if the don’t cut their losses and sell for whatever they can recoup 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Therealrealist said:

Well I think he’s pretty reliable..maybe we mix in different circles

If it’s coming from the same person I’ve heard it from then it’s very reliable 

he’s usually on the money 

28 minutes ago, FoxOwl12 said:

Just like he's loved spending his money on the things that don't count towards P&S?!

Chansiri is skint, I don't know where our fans get this idea from that he's loaded.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I can see that DC may have had enough of the continual  bleed of money from his wallet.. not to mention the negativity towards him.. however, I can’t see him pulling the rug from under his son and say no it’s not your club.

Also , if he was to sell he will most definitely want top dollar. So for arguments sake £125m . 
Anyone wanting to develop the club and stadium ( yes it goes hand in hand)  will then have to at least match what they gave to DC to get things moving 

I’m not saying you’re wrong @Therealrealist , I just feel it’s unlikely 

29 minutes ago, Owl999 said:

DC’s family are in for 140 million, an amount which is only going to get bigger if the don’t cut their losses and sell for whatever they can recoup 

Can you see DC accepting £40m ? I certainly can’t. I also can’t see anyone in their right mind taking us on at the moment. Hope I’m proved wrong but I doubt it.

4 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Can you see DC accepting £40m ? I certainly can’t. I also can’t see anyone in their right mind taking us on at the moment. Hope I’m proved wrong but I doubt it.

I know where you coming from , he won’t get all his money back that’s the reality so does he recoup as much as he can by selling or continue and money .

• Like 1

Guest Mcguigan
27 minutes ago, Mister Soul said:

I can see that DC may have had enough of the continual  bleed of money from his wallet.. not to mention the negativity towards him.. however, I can’t see him pulling the rug from under his son and say no it’s not your club.

Also , if he was to sell he will most definitely want top dollar. So for arguments sake £125m . 
Anyone wanting to develop the club and stadium ( yes it goes hand in hand)  will then have to at least match what they gave to DC to get things moving 

I’m not saying you’re wrong @Therealrealist , I just feel it’s unlikely 

As someone posted earlier, you could get Burnley FC for £200m. For that you get a current PL club and it’s own ground, a fit for purpose Cat 1 academy and £140m turnover generating a decent profit each season.

£125m for us, is about as unrealistic an asking price as it gets.

CC’s strategy and short term plan for us has failed miserably and it’s going to keep costing him £m’s each season until he thinks enough’ s enough and cuts his losses.

If he gets his initial £35m purchase price back, he’s done well, imo.