Season ticket refund

19 hours ago, Royal_D said:

Anyone been down this route yet ??    Heard a horrible line tonight in a conversation with a friend that the owner will ban people who do this 

Sincerely hope not true 

Banning people from the ground who don't want actually want to come to games would be a new low.

So, if true, in theory someone could take them to court, lose, and then find themselves banned from using the several hundred pounds being held by the club in their 'ticket account'.

Sadly I think this would be completely in character for our dear leader.

21 hours ago, TheGaffer said:

I'm pretty sure this is illegal. I will be contacting a few solicitors tomorrow to find out 

As an update, a solicitor will be wording a letter for me that will be sent to the club Monday morning. 

From that point I'll await the clubs response before taking it further if necessary. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, TheGaffer said:

As an update, a solicitor will be wording a letter for me that will be sent to the club Monday morning. 

From that point I'll await the clubs response before taking it further if necessary. 

Interesting on the FAQs for ST sales:

"Is there a cash refund option for 2020/21 Season Tickets?

Unfortunately given the severe financial impact of COVID-19, we are not in a position to issue cash refunds. Rebates are in the form of credits which will be added to your ticket account and can be used for any future home ticketing product."

They have previously just batted requests off with the 'non-refundable' argument. Now they are admitting the real reason. Wonder how this would be viewed by a court if it got that far? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheGaffer said:

We'll wait and see. There's only one man that's to blame for me taking this course of action. I don't "need" the money at the moment, covid did hit me hard at one point though, however it is now purely on principle. I have never felt as low about my club as I do right now and again there's only one man responsible for that.

I wont tell anyone else what they should do, whether that be to attend, buy a shirt etc, but I simply cannot support a man that referred to hard working honest people who have given relatively more to our club than this man can comprehend as "worse than customers" be told my "money pays for nothing". A man who is solely responsible for our relegation to the third tier whilst mocking us fans at fans forums, telling us "you know nothing about football", a man who has stolen our home of over hundred years. I will for my own sanity take the only stand I have left to support the long term future of the club I have loved for as long as I can remember, it is with regret I won't be able to attend whilst he sits atop looking down dismissively at us customers. I will wait for the day he leaves for me once again grace the hallowed stands and be filled with that same sense of joy I had when my dad and grandad lifted me over the turnstiles as I climb the gangway and look out on the pitch once more. 

He can steal whatever else there is left but I guarantee you he won't ever "get it" like me and you and the thousands of us "get it" while ever he is too arrogant to admit he needs us far more than we need him. 

If that's the right option for you crack on

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I just don't understand why anyone can be offended that other fans want a season ticket refund

Don't think anyone is are they? Completely each individuals choice. Hope those that do go have an amazing time and see 3 points each week

12 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I just don't understand why anyone can be offended that other fans want a season ticket refund

Fans shouldn't be or feel offended for wanting a refund when they desperately need the money..... 

But! Wanting the money back just on principal because they don't want to go anymore with us being crap I don't agree with. 

Remember the WAWAW? WTID? 

We're a Sheffield Wednesday family all looking out for one another. 

Sheffield Wednesday owing you money is like a family member owing you money, would you threaten court action against a brother or sister who owed you a couple of hundred quid when they can't pay you back because they're skint? 

Surely credit towards future season tickets and match tickets is sufficient enough as you'll be wanting to go to games at some stage in future.. 

I'm guessing some fans hatred for our owner outweighs there love for Sheffield Wednesday. 

If it isn't this and it's because we've dropped a league then maybe you are supporting wrong club and would be better off jumping on bandwagons of the Man City and Liverpool's of the football world. 

I'll log out now for a few days as I know they'll be some who disagree with this post and I don't like arguments with family. 

Up The Owls! 😁

• Like 2
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, bradowl said:

But! Wanting the money back just on principal because they don't want to go anymore with us being crap I don't agree with.  

Nobody's doing that though

Most that I've seen either really need the cash as they've fallen into hard times, or they've had enough of the chairmans and how he runs the club

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

59 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Found out how to renew my  season ticket but there is no mention of any credit for last seasons, season ticket?  Do I have to pay the full price and I will get credited as well?  Confused

When I went into checkout it shows me the credit which is available for each season:

i.e. 

- Season 19/20 - £x which was the credit I asked for with Shop Credit (from my remaining 5-year one)

- Season 20/21 - £y which is the season ticket value less the ifollow games used (1/3 of 3-year season ticket less iFollow)

- Season 21/22 - £z which I think is the full season ticket value for that year (1/3 of the 3-year ticket I bought less the value of this season from what I can see

As they will automatically renew for 21/22 and 22/23 then it shows I have total of £xx credit available to spend on tickets next season ... so looks like a league one tour unless we can buy new ones for great nephews then I will be getting them their own for £75 rather than pay on the day 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, bradowl said:

Fans shouldn't be or feel offended for wanting a refund when they desperately need the money..... 

Sheffield Wednesday owing you money is like a family member owing you money, would you threaten court action against a brother or sister who owed you a couple of hundred quid when they can't pay you back because they're skint? 

Surely credit towards future season tickets and match tickets is sufficient enough as you'll be wanting to go to games at some stage in future.. 

I'm guessing some fans hatred for our owner outweighs there love for Sheffield Wednesday. 

If it isn't this and it's because we've dropped a league then maybe you are supporting wrong club and would be better off jumping on bandwagons of the Man City and Liverpool's of the football world. 

I'll log out now for a few days as I know they'll be some who disagree with this post and I don't like arguments with family. 

Up The Owls! 😁

Not about us being cr*p. Far from it. I've also seen us far worse and still travelled home and away. I'll hopefully still be able to go away, just can't support the running of the club.. Really is short term pain for long term gain in my eyes

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bradowl said:

You've clearly not read any of the Uberfans posts over the last 5 years or had a PM off them offering to meet you to fill you in because you criticised the chairman

(yes - this has actually really happened - more than once)

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

You've clearly not read any of the Uberfans posts over the last 5 years or had a PM off them offering to meet you to fill you in because you criticised the chairman

To add to this Brad, I will also offer the refund to purchase tickets for those who have been unable to attend during chansiris price hike. Only condition this is once Chansiri has gone. 

I can’t understand anyone who isn’t wanting their money back.

The chairman has made it very clear that our money pays for nothing therefore it’s no skin off the clubs nose to have it back.

I wonder where it does go if you don’t want it back if it isn’t paying for anything 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Ian said:

I can’t understand anyone who isn’t wanting their money back.

The chairman has made it very clear that our money pays for nothing therefore it’s no skin off the clubs nose to have it back.

I wonder where it does go if you don’t want it back if it isn’t paying for anything 

Don't want mine back each to their own

46 minutes ago, bradowl said:

Up The Owls! 😁

Disagree.

Sheffield Wednesday is not a charity they are not 'Family' either.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1