Season ticket refund

1 hour ago, HarryPlopper said:

Ok smart arse.

Please now make a list of income since March.

It's not a long list.

They did have mine and a good few others the month previously for this season’s tickets which more than covers the amount of refunds I’m sure.

Unless they had already spent it.

41 minutes ago, mirocevic said:

They did have mine and a good few others the month previously for this season’s tickets which more than covers the amount of refunds I’m sure.

Unless they had already spent it.

I asked about the clubs predicament.

Not yours.

Or mine.

Or other fans.

The club right now has a very serious cash flow issue.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, HarryPlopper said:

Not yours.

Or mine.

Or other fans.

So do the fans who bought season tickets in good faith

Who should suffer most?

The working man of Sheffield or the billionaire loaded minted football club owner?

• Like 3
  • Love 2

Owlstalk Shop

8 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

So do the fans who bought season tickets in good faith

Who should suffer most?

The working man of Sheffield or the billionaire loaded minted football club owner?

I bought a season ticket knowing I could afford it  - nowt changed.   Not significantly.

The club received the ticket money, believing that it was part of their income that would continue to flow.    That income stopped.   

They still have bills to pay, just like you or me, but unlike you or me, the  income for the club has stopped.    

50 minutes ago, Grandad said:

I wonder how clubs who didn't sell season tickets for 2020/21 back in February have coped with cashflow

It's quite different for a lot of clubs.

Some have had income from insurance, others have had insurance block them and say - sorry you are not covered for an unknown disease.

Some have been covered for only a month, some for only a few months and a very select few covered totally

A lot have had no cover at all. 

3 minutes ago, HarryPlopper said:

I bought a season ticket knowing I could afford it  - nowt changed.   Not significantly.

The club received the ticket money, believing that it was part of their income that would continue to flow.    That income stopped.   

They still have bills to pay, just like you or me, but unlike you or me, the  income for the club has stopped.    

Not the same for everyone. Not everyone still has income due to the pandemic yet still have a mortgage and mouths to feed, so I'd argue individuals cash flow can be and in some instances is more critical the chansiris/swfc. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, HarryPlopper said:

Do you know that no one's income has stopped  ?. Or is it just that yours hasn't and you don't give a damn about anyone else. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, HarryPlopper said:

Good for you but how do you know whether the income for any of the 10,000 fans that requested a refund has stopped or not? The club still has some income from merchandise sales, i-follow sales and TV deals and is owned by someone with significant wealth. 

What income does any season ticket holder who has been unfortunate enough to lose their job have? 

8 minutes ago, HarryPlopper said:

Many fans have bought season tickets believing their job security & income will be maintained over the next 12 months. Some of those have lost their jobs or are on reduced income due to the pandemic. They too have bills to pay but don't have the back up option of a millionaire owner with even wealthier relatives.

• Like 2

Ok so three comments saying I don't know income hasn't stopped for most.

For almost everybody, income hasn't stopped.    

There is furlough.   There is Universal Credit.   For self employed like S36 who are self employed, they have totally ignored lockdown.

There is a minority who won't be covered by these things I suggest, but that is absolutely a minority.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, HarryPlopper said:

Not yours.

Or mine.

Or other fans.

I answered about the clubs predicament if you read my response correctly.

Would you like me to explain in simple terms?

FEB 2020 the club collected large sum of money for the season 20/21.

This was one month before people had to stop going to the games.

The club still received money from the league,tv and merchandise.

They only had to reimburse a small fraction of any of these incomes.

Result happy fans who believe the club actually care.

Good business going forward.

Is that simple enough for you to comprehend?

5 minutes ago, HarryPlopper said:

There is furlough.   There is Universal Credit.   For self employed like S36 who are self employed, they have totally ignored lockdown.

There is a minority who won't be covered by these things I suggest, but that is absolutely a minority.

That is an arrogant and ignorant viewpoint. Take a look around and see how many more people are out of work as a result of this pandemic. Some of our fans will be business owners who have seen their livelihoods threatened.

Yes it may be a minority but the club is owned by a rich man with a rich family, not sure why you are not understanding why people are critical of it taking months to provide a refund to some supporters. 

it's OK though - some people can get Universal Credit! 

2 minutes ago, mirocevic said:

I answered about the clubs predicament if you read my response correctly.

Would you like me to explain in simple terms?

FEB 2020 the club collected large sum of money for the season 20/21.

This was one month before people had to stop going to the games.

The club still received money from the league,tv and merchandise.

They only had to reimburse a small fraction of any of these incomes.

Result happy fans who believe the club actually care.

Good business going forward.

Is that simple enough for you to comprehend?

The club has to pay wages, it's overheads do not change.

I don't believe you are able to comprehend that, so arguing with you is pointless.

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

That is an arrogant and ignorant viewpoint. Take a look around and see how many more people are out of work as a result of this pandemic. Some of our fans will be business owners who have seen their livelihoods threatened.

Yes it may be a minority but the club is owned by a rich man with a rich family, not sure why you are not understanding why people are critical of it taking months to provide a refund to some supporters. 

it's OK though - some people can get Universal Credit! 

There is arrogance on this thread, but it ain't mine mate.

• Haha 1

Just now, HarryPlopper said:

The club has to pay wages, it's overheads do not change.

I don't believe you are able to comprehend that, so arguing with you is pointless.

To be honest after reading your posts and the numerous responses  from different posters I believe you have a serious problem with comprehension.

• Like 3

Just now, mirocevic said:

To be honest after reading your posts and the numerous responses  from different posters I believe you have a serious problem with comprehension.

I have a serious problem with your response.

The club has a cash flow issue.

If you can't understand that, go back to school.

Just now, HarryPlopper said:

I have a serious problem with your response.

The club has a cash flow issue.

If you can't understand that, go back to school.

My responses to you prove I actually went to school if only you had then perhaps you would understand the feeling of apathy and distaste towards the club from the people who help to finance it.

I am wasting my time trying to educate pork

Enjoy your evening in cuckoo land.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, HarryPlopper said:

WOW

Owlstalk Shop