Season ticket refund

13 hours ago, Dr. Funkenstein said:

If you paid by credit card you will get all your money back if the club goes under / into admin. I was advised this by by my credit card company who wouldn’t pay out under S75 as the club argued it was non-refundable as per the T&Cs. As has been said elsewhere on here, just because the club says this doesn’t mean it’s legal. I will pursue my £900 via the courts if Chansiri limps on, however I’m waiting to see how the admin/liquidation plays out first as I will get 100% of the money back that way. If Chansiri / SWFC thinks I’m going to accept £900 in credit to watch his ongoing s**t show, he’s wrong.

Do go back to your CC company. Non refundable does not apply in this case. They stopped you going therefore they have to refund you. If you decide not to go to a game then you cant get your money back but they cant take your money then not let you in without giving you a refund. Unfair contract terms act 

Just an update to my emails questioning the policy of ticket credit only for 2020/21 early birds. These were the responses :

"Thank you for your email, yes that is correct regarding a refund for the 2020/21 season we did communicate early in the season and throughout the season with each iFollow story that credits would be applied at the end of the season.  We unable currently to offer a refund on this ticket, especially at a time where we are still in the process of refunding the 2019/20 rebates"

Followed up with, after I asked were refunds likely to be offered at any stage..... 

"

Thank you for your email and my apologies at the delay in getting back to you.

As mentioned below unfortunately we are not able to offer any refunds at the minute as we are still refunding season ticket 19/20 rebates, sorry" 

I have great sympathy for whoever is having to deal with the actual practicalities of this situation, however, that is now me formally beginning my section 75. There is zero intention to refund fans for a season that they were unable to attend matches. Disgusting imo

• Thanks 2

Taking legal action through the small claims court is a waste of time. This would only be a worthwhile exercise if the club were denying that they owed you the money.....and they aren’t, they are just taking their time paying it.

the judgement would just be confirmation of what is agreed and would have cost you money.

in theory you could then get bailiffs to collect the money or goods to the value of from the club to cover what you are owed but by the time this process has played out things will have come to a head one way or the other anyway and you’ll possibly have spent more than you are due

Edited by Ian
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ian said:

Taking legal action through the small claims court is a waste of time. This would only be a worthwhile exercise if the club were denying that they owed you the money.....and they aren’t, they are just taking their time paying it.

the judgement would just be confirmation of what is agreed and would have cost you money.

in theory you could then get bailiffs to collect the money or goods to the value of from the club to cover what you are owed but by the time this process has played out things will have come to a head one way or the other anyway and you’ll possibly have spent more than you are due

They are denying they owe the money for 20/21. They are insisting we take a credit for the amount owing and refusing to give a cash refund option. They have cited in writing to my CC company that they regard 20/21 as non-refundable. They are taking a very different line with 20/21 money owed than they did with 19/20. 

17 minutes ago, Dr. Funkenstein said:

They are denying they owe the money for 20/21. They are insisting we take a credit for the amount owing and refusing to give a cash refund option. They have cited in writing to my CC company that they regard 20/21 as non-refundable. They are taking a very different line with 20/21 money owed than they did with 19/20. 

Right, yes for 20/21 that is a good point

Guest Grandad

According to this...

Of 576 respondents

314 just wanted to see the poll results
237 are still waiting for a refund

7 were refunded in June

18 were refunded in May

Guest Hornsby
On 08/06/2021 at 00:13, Ian said:

No it isn't.

First , costs peanuts , easy on line and both sides pay own costs, if any.

Secondly, Court would set a deadline.

Last, most defendant firms can't be bothered so just send refund , etc.

Costs them more in management time to defend.

Gerrit done.

38 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

No it isn't.

Secondly, Court would set a deadline.

Last, most defendant firms can't be bothered so just send refund , etc.

Costs them more in management time to defend.

Gerrit done.

Most defendants haven’t got the money and can’t be bothered because irrespective of the result they won’t be paying.

Guest Hornsby
46 minutes ago, Ian said:

Most defendants haven’t got the money and can’t be bothered because irrespective of the result they won’t be paying.

Done several, won all against big brands, including 2 in Court.

Yeah , wouldn't bother against the window cleaner.

Chansiri, yes. just paid £6 million this week to players for back pay. Told .

25 minutes ago, Ian said:

Defendants may not "be paying", but that would mean they've acted against a court order.  At that point, their credit rating will be ruined (can't imagine ours is any good) and then the applicant can apply for bailiffs (which Wednesday pay for) to enter the premises and take whatever is of value to pay what the court has ordered.  Chansiri has brought massive shame on our club, having bailiffs entering and taking away computers and fax machines will be very low.  The credit thing may be of little relevance when dealing with footballing authorities and club-to-club business etc, but for everyday operational activities, could be very tricky as well as embarrassing.  I work for an organisation who usually won't deal with companies with poor credit ratings.  If we do, we ask for 100% of the money upfront, and if they can't/won't pay under those terms, then we don't deal with them.    As a purchaser, Wednesday probably have a 30-90 day period for settling invoices.  Those days could be gone, adding further cashflow issues to the Club.

1 hour ago, Hornsby said:

The applicant pays 100% of the costs up front. If the supporter wins, the defendant then pays 100% of those costs back on top of whatever the judge decides.  The cost is added in three separate stages of the process, and adds up to a ~£300 IIRC.  Each stage has a cost, and a timescale attached when paperwork has to be submitted.

As with all of this, there are two stages that fans should go through.  Firstly, write a summary letter to the Club, it has to meet certain criteria (google Pre-Action Protocol), and in that, state your claim and all relevant letters/terms/laws and so on, and also offer mediation.   Secondly, mediation if the club agree, which if successful, is binding on both parties at the end.  Costs are split (total cost ~£100), and usually takes a few hours over several days.  You won't speak with Wednesday, you'll speak with a mediator who will speak to both parties via phone/email who'll then decide.   For instance, if the mediator decides Wednesday owe £500, and you and Wednesday both agree, then Wednesday will be bound to pay £500.  If Wednesday don't agree, then you can proceed (if you want) to court.  The mediator will issue you a certificate showing you took part in this process (useful for the court, as they usually want claimants to try mediation first).  If the mediator decides Wednesday owe nothing, and you agree, then it's over.  If you disagree, then firstly find out why they came to that conclusion (a good idea to understand their decision, as they are legally trained) and if you're still confident, you can carry on to court.

I'd be checking your T&Cs and everything to see just what the position is when you bought the 20/21 ST, because the club will fall back on that as a first instance.