Season ticket refund

1 minute ago, Maddogbob said:

So why would you sit there and not even try?

Because it's going to cost me £70 to try and I still might not get a penny back if we go into admin. As I've asked before how long do things like this take to be resolved?

Somebody must have been through small claims before. 

7 minutes ago, Drewswfc said:

Because it's going to cost me £70 to try and I still might not get a penny back if we go into admin. As I've asked before how long do things like this take to be resolved?

If you paid by credit card you will get all your money back if the club goes under / into admin. I was advised this by by my credit card company who wouldn’t pay out under S75 as the club argued it was non-refundable as per the T&Cs. As has been said elsewhere on here, just because the club says this doesn’t mean it’s legal. I will pursue my £900 via the courts if Chansiri limps on, however I’m waiting to see how the admin/liquidation plays out first as I will get 100% of the money back that way. If Chansiri / SWFC thinks I’m going to accept £900 in credit to watch his ongoing s**t show, he’s wrong.

• Like 6

29 minutes ago, Drewswfc said:

Again so?

10 minutes ago, stanningtonowl said:

“cough” Bristol City away tickets money..................

Wheres that gone? (Hope it didn’t pay Reaches wages!!!!. 

Jesus. Has that not even been refunded to people yet? 

18 minutes ago, stanningtonowl said:

Why is nobody talking about this issue?

Has everyone forgot about it?

Owlstalk Shop

21 minutes ago, stanningtonowl said:

We have a new ticketing system so it's taking slightly longer than it usually would have.

• Haha 4

Just now, flo said:

We have a new ticketing system so it's taking slightly longer than it usually would have.

Imagine if anyone else had the same ticketing company / issues

Glastonbury for example 

Or Wembley 

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, Dr. Funkenstein said:

If you paid by credit card you will get all your money back if the club goes under / into admin. I was advised this by by my credit card company who wouldn’t pay out under S75 as the club argued it was non-refundable as per the T&Cs. As has been said elsewhere on here, just because the club says this doesn’t mean it’s legal. I will pursue my £900 via the courts if Chansiri limps on, however I’m waiting to see how the admin/liquidation plays out first as I will get 100% of the money back that way. If Chansiri / SWFC thinks I’m going to accept £900 in credit to watch his ongoing s**t show, he’s wrong.

i got mine back for 20 / 21 from the credit card company because the club had not agreed to refund for last season, i would try them again

13 hours ago, Dr. Funkenstein said:

Do go back to your CC company. Non refundable does not apply in this case. They stopped you going therefore they have to refund you. If you decide not to go to a game then you cant get your money back but they cant take your money then not let you in without giving you a refund. Unfair contract terms act 

Just an update to my emails questioning the policy of ticket credit only for 2020/21 early birds. These were the responses :

"Thank you for your email, yes that is correct regarding a refund for the 2020/21 season we did communicate early in the season and throughout the season with each iFollow story that credits would be applied at the end of the season.  We unable currently to offer a refund on this ticket, especially at a time where we are still in the process of refunding the 2019/20 rebates"

Followed up with, after I asked were refunds likely to be offered at any stage..... 

"

Thank you for your email and my apologies at the delay in getting back to you.

As mentioned below unfortunately we are not able to offer any refunds at the minute as we are still refunding season ticket 19/20 rebates, sorry" 

I have great sympathy for whoever is having to deal with the actual practicalities of this situation, however, that is now me formally beginning my section 75. There is zero intention to refund fans for a season that they were unable to attend matches. Disgusting imo

• Thanks 2

Posted (edited)

Taking legal action through the small claims court is a waste of time. This would only be a worthwhile exercise if the club were denying that they owed you the money.....and they aren’t, they are just taking their time paying it.

the judgement would just be confirmation of what is agreed and would have cost you money.

in theory you could then get bailiffs to collect the money or goods to the value of from the club to cover what you are owed but by the time this process has played out things will have come to a head one way or the other anyway and you’ll possibly have spent more than you are due

Edited by Ian
  • Like 1