Jump to content

Recommended Posts

31 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

 

I would have thought card details were classed as confidential to prevent such things as identity fraud.

 

Yes but if you put them in a payment system, the club have means to make a payment surely?  How else do you ever get a refund on a card payment?


Just not bothered...

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

 

I would have thought card details were classed as confidential to prevent such things as identity fraud.

I would think in the year 2020 there are systems available that would allow refunds to be paid out without having to ring everyone. They didn’t ring me when I paid originally. 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, mattitheowl said:

 

Yes but if you put them in a payment system, the club have means to make a payment surely?  How else do you ever get a refund on a card payment?

 

The company you give them to can take payment or give refunds, they are not legally allowed to give any credit or debit card details to a third party.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Hookowl said:

 

The company you give them to can take payment or give refunds, they are not legally allowed to give any credit or debit card details to a third party.

Mate you're not reading this right.

 

Old company have gone and taken your card details with them.

 

We had to register with the new company.  Why can't we provide card details to them and receive a refund accordingly?


Just not bothered...

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

I would think in the year 2020 there are systems available that would allow refunds to be paid out without having to ring everyone. They didn’t ring me when I paid originally. 

 

They didn't need to you gave them the details when you paid.

The company you give them to can take payment or give refunds, they are not legally allowed to give any credit or debit card details to a third party.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, mattitheowl said:

Mate you're not reading this right.

 

Old company have gone and taken your card details with them.

 

We had to register with the new company.  Why can't we provide card details to them and receive a refund accordingly?

 

You can give your details to the new company, the old company cannot release them to a third party.

If the club had taken the payment themselves rather than have a separate company do it then there wouldn't have been a problem.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

 

They didn't need to you gave them the details when you paid.

The company you give them to can take payment or give refunds, they are not legally allowed to give any credit or debit card details to a third party.

They can send us all emails to say here's a website, give us your details and we'll refund you. 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

They can send us all emails to say here's a website, give us your details and we'll refund you. 

 

Yes they can do that and give a secure link to log on to.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mattitheowl said:

 

No that's what happened.  Thats why we had to sign up with the new ticket company as part of the refund system.  So the club basically have no route to your refund without contacting you.

 

Now I'm sure it could be done better by simply inputting your payment details on the new system and someone at Hillsborough clicking "pay".  But that's one of the reasons it's been so slow.

Sorry mate, totally misunderstood your original post, apologies.

Link to post
Share on other sites

It would have taken 24-48 hours maximum to collate every single ST holder who applied and cross reference their refund amount into a spreadsheet

 

Then merge those details into any one of the dozens of cheque processing software packages available.

 

You could even use a mailing house to do the envelopes

 

It's not rocket science

 

 

  • Like 2

"The best poster on Owlstalk by far" - Kaven Walker

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, mattitheowl said:

 

The original ticket company went bust and you can't transfer payment details from the old to the new.

Blooming heck, we even sign up to a ticketing company that is a crock. You couldn't make it up.

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I did send the ticket office an email last week and received a reply stating reasons for the delay and attaching a link to the SWFC website.

The current reason they say is because 55% wanted their money back and so it takes time, and a new ticket system was the original delay.

We'll be allowed back in before I get my rebate at this rate....Can I change my request for ticket vouchers???

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...