Season ticket refund

31 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

I would have thought card details were classed as confidential to prevent such things as identity fraud.

Yes but if you put them in a payment system, the club have means to make a payment surely?  How else do you ever get a refund on a card payment?

Just not bothered...

31 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

I would have thought card details were classed as confidential to prevent such things as identity fraud.

I would think in the year 2020 there are systems available that would allow refunds to be paid out without having to ring everyone. They didn’t ring me when I paid originally. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, mattitheowl said:

Yes but if you put them in a payment system, the club have means to make a payment surely?  How else do you ever get a refund on a card payment?

The company you give them to can take payment or give refunds, they are not legally allowed to give any credit or debit card details to a third party.

• Like 1

Just now, Hookowl said:

The company you give them to can take payment or give refunds, they are not legally allowed to give any credit or debit card details to a third party.

Mate you're not reading this right.

Old company have gone and taken your card details with them.

We had to register with the new company.  Why can't we provide card details to them and receive a refund accordingly?

Just not bothered...

4 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

I would think in the year 2020 there are systems available that would allow refunds to be paid out without having to ring everyone. They didn’t ring me when I paid originally. 

They didn't need to you gave them the details when you paid.

Just now, mattitheowl said:

Mate you're not reading this right.

Old company have gone and taken your card details with them.

We had to register with the new company.  Why can't we provide card details to them and receive a refund accordingly?

You can give your details to the new company, the old company cannot release them to a third party.

If the club had taken the payment themselves rather than have a separate company do it then there wouldn't have been a problem.

8 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

They didn't need to you gave them the details when you paid.

They can send us all emails to say here's a website, give us your details and we'll refund you. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, mattitheowl said:

No that's what happened.  Thats why we had to sign up with the new ticket company as part of the refund system.  So the club basically have no route to your refund without contacting you.

Now I'm sure it could be done better by simply inputting your payment details on the new system and someone at Hillsborough clicking "pay".  But that's one of the reasons it's been so slow.

Sorry mate, totally misunderstood your original post, apologies.

Guest Grandad

It would have taken 24-48 hours maximum to collate every single ST holder who applied and cross reference their refund amount into a spreadsheet

Then merge those details into any one of the dozens of cheque processing software packages available.

You could even use a mailing house to do the envelopes

It's not rocket science

I did send the ticket office an email last week and received a reply stating reasons for the delay and attaching a link to the SWFC website.

The current reason they say is because 55% wanted their money back and so it takes time, and a new ticket system was the original delay.

We'll be allowed back in before I get my rebate at this rate....Can I change my request for ticket vouchers???