Season ticket refund

On 22/11/2020 at 09:48, @owlstalk said:

I wonder how long it would take a team of 5 or 6 people to ring up 10000 people?

Not just that but 10,000 people would need to be in and answer their phone and be able to speak to them about their season ticket

Genuine question, why do they need to call people? Just refund using the same details from the payments. Is it that hard?

• Like 3

They should surely be able to set up a web page where you can enter your client ID and bank details, even have a box for a cheque if that's what people want to choose. ID is then cross referenced and payment is pretty much instant to your CHOSEN method. 

Anyone got any experience on this sort of thing want to let me know if it's beyond the realms of possibility? 

16 minutes ago, mattitheowl said:

The original ticket company went bust and you can't transfer payment details from the old to the new.

That’s a possibility but you have to think that the original payment route is still open in at least 95% of cases?

3 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

That's just time consuming trying to pay in into a closed account then having to ring up 

It's a lot more time consuming to call every single person whether they have a closed account or not. There would have been a way of us giving them our bank details without them having to ring us. 

13 minutes ago, GLOwl said:

That’s a possibility but you have to think that the original payment route is still open in at least 95% of cases?

No that's what happened.  Thats why we had to sign up with the new ticket company as part of the refund system.  So the club basically have no route to your refund without contacting you.

Now I'm sure it could be done better by simply inputting your payment details on the new system and someone at Hillsborough clicking "pay".  But that's one of the reasons it's been so slow.

Just not bothered...

13 minutes ago, GLOwl said:

Not if the company went bust, that information would be confidential so the new company wouldn't have it.

1 minute ago, rickygoo said:

It's a lot more time consuming to call every single person whether they have a closed account or not. There would have been a way of us giving them our bank details without them having to ring us. 

But wouldn't it take the same amount of time if everyone had to contact them ?

1 minute ago, rickygoo said:

It's not 1953. There are things called websites and computers that can automate things. 

I know that, but if the original company went bust as Matti said, then someone would have to correlate all the information.

The computers from the original company could have done that automatically but if it's a new company it would all have to be inputted again.

Just now, Hookowl said:

I know that, but if the original company went bust as Matti said, then someone would have to correlate all the information.

The computers from the original company could have done that automatically but if it's a new company it would all have to be inputted again.

Which was done when we signed up to the new ticketing website.

Just not bothered...

2 minutes ago, mattitheowl said:

You only need to put card details in.  You can make a payment to someone with just their card details can't you?

I would have thought card details were classed as confidential to prevent such things as identity fraud.