Season ticket refund

21 hours ago, ANDY said:

Are they operating on a daily budget and so can only process a certain amount 

20 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Imagine if that were true

Most of the list will pass away before it's their time for a phone call

20 hours ago, wiggy said:

Quick, we’ve just sold a pro(fit) shirt and a Danny Wilson Toby jug, we can refund Dave from High Green now lol

You can laugh, as I do as I haven't had my refund yet, BUT, that's exactly how the Thai owned SSI steelworks in Middlesbrough (which went bust in 2015) was run. Weekly finance meeting (8.30 Thursday if I remember correctly) to decide who got paid that week, and it wasn't just discussing could they pay the X million they owed multinational firm A, it was also could they pay Fred Bloggs sandwich shop the £8.53 they owed them. 

Things like this never end well.

Just now, Busmansholiday said:

You can laugh, as I do as I haven't had my refund yet, BUT, that's exactly how the Thai owned SSI steelworks in Middlesbrough (which went bust in 2015) was run. Weekly finance meeting (8.30 Thursday if I remember correctly) to decide who got paid that week, and it wasn't just discussing could they pay the X million they owed multinational firm A, it was also could they pay Fred Bloggs sandwich shop the £8.53 they owed them. 

Things like this never end well.

True - I've been in these situations myself at companies

It's never a good sign is it

Owlstalk Shop

Thought I would share my update with you all.

I registered for the refund the first day it was available - June 29th. The lists the staff have to ring people with are now way past that , now into mid July so It appears I was missed off the call list ...

I’ve  called 3 times for updates before today - I was told to sit tight ... I Called again this morning and the person answering the phone was apologetic and explained they have 2 - sometimes 1 (!) person doing the call backs ... absolutely unreal in this day and age.

Anyhow, I confirmed my season ticket and debit card details and they sorted the refund there and then. I’ve now had confirmation email to say it’s en-route.....

I really felt for this person and colleagues and stated this too.

It sounds horrific what they’re having to do... 

In a nutshell - I don’t know if I would have been called if I hadn’t have chased them myself .....?

If people do ring - be nice - it’s not the staffs fault , it’s the 5hitshow from the top that’s created this ridiculous, unacceptable, situation.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

True - I've been in these situations myself at companies

It's never a good sign is it

The fact the club who how many requested a refund back in September and could have easily have refunded everyone back to their cards in a week at most, to me says they haven't got the money to refund everyone, hence the constant delaying tactics. 

• Like 1

I've just given the ticket office a bell and the good news is I'm on the list to be refunded. The bad news is that my application was on June 30 and they are working their way down the list from the 29th currently, so cannot do mine yet. Well, the one person they currently have in the office is apparently doing that.

Politely enquirying as whether I would receive my refund before the New Year gave me the impression that was unlikely, roll on 2021. No doubt it will appear at the same time as the Early Bird renewal email for the 2021 to 2022 season ticket. 

I'd laugh it wasn't so tragic.

Just now, Busmansholiday said:

I've just given the ticket office a bell and the good news is I'm on the list to be refunded. The bad news is that my application was on June 30 and they are working their way down the list from the 29th currently, so cannot do mine yet. Well, the one person they currently have in the office is apparently doing that.

Politely enquirying as whether I would receive my refund before the New Year gave me the impression that was unlikely, roll on 2021. No doubt it will appear at the same time as the Early Bird renewal email for the 2021 to 2022 season ticket. 

I'd laugh it wasn't so tragic.

8000 people to call

Club says 'The reason it's taking so long is our fans just aren't answering the phone!!'
Turns out one person at the club is doing the calls

I feel sooooooo sorry for the staff at the club having to go through this

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

8000 people to call

Club says 'The reason it's taking so long is our fans just aren't answering the phone!!'
Turns out one person at the club is doing the calls

I feel sooooooo sorry for the staff at the club having to go through this

Maybe if they didn't ring on a number that resembles the ones used by the ambulance chasers who claim you have had an accident you haven't, then maybe people would answer the call. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, S36 OWL said:

Maybe if they didn't ring on a number that resembles the ones used by the ambulance chasers who claim you have had an accident you haven't, then maybe people would answer the call. 

Even those companies don't use 03 numbers any more

Guest Grandad

If they really do have 1 person making the calls - and assuming they are working on an average of 6 an hour processed (to allow for selfish Wednesday fans not answering their calls), getting the card details, sending a confirmation email and doing the actual refund - if they work 35 hours a week and are doing nothing else at all, it would take 38 weeks to process all refunds