Season ticket refund

2 minutes ago, TaxiMark said:

The issues that we are currently experiencing are that supporters are not answering there phones which is adding to the current time frame, 

UN
BE
LIEEEE
VA
BLE

1) Change the number to an 0114 number - it costs NOTHING to do this and can be done in minutes

2) Use a predictive dialler or a call centre to do this job - that way they don't sit typing in numbers and getting people not picking up (because you're calling from a weird number that's not a Sheffield number)
3) WTF IS GOING ON - REALLY

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

UN
BE
LIEEEE
VA
BLE

1) Change the number to an 0114 number - it costs NOTHING to do this and can be done in minutes

2) Use a predictive dialler or a call centre to do this job - that way they don't sit typing in numbers and getting people not picking up (because you're calling from a weird number that's not a Sheffield number)
3) WTF IS GOING ON - REALLY

Seriously I was stunned when I read it !!

2 minutes ago, TaxiMark said:

Seriously I was stunned when I read it !!

It's just so frustrating

The second they knew they had 8000 people to call they should have immediately outsourced it to a local contact centre to do for us, NOT to have our staff sat there dialling numbers and sitting listening to the phone not getting answered

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

It's just so frustrating

The second they knew they had 8000 people to call they should have immediately outsourced it to a local contact centre to do for us, NOT to have our staff sat there dialling numbers and sitting listening to the phone not getting answered

If they have our email address (which you had to provide for the refund option), couldn't they email us a a rough time and/or date when they will ring - then you know to be ready for it and might even answer the phone?

Just now, royalowlisback said:

If they have our email address (which you had to provide for the refund option), couldn't they email us a a rough time and/or date when they will ring - then you know to be ready for it and might even answer the phone?

How do they have everyone's phone number if they had to throw everyone's personal details away due to GDPR?

Owlstalk Shop

6 minutes ago, TaxiMark said:

This is the email I got yesterday when I chased up my refund...

----------------

Thank you for your email, unfortunately I am not able to give you a specific time frame at the minute as to when you will receive your refund, as mentioned below on the article that we released at the end of October (please see below) due to the amount of supporters that selected option 8 it is taking a lot longer than anticipated.

https://www.swfc.co.uk/news/2020/october/supporter-rebates-update/

The issues that we are currently experiencing are that supporters are not answering there phones which is adding to the current time frame, in the meantime we thank all our supporters for your patience and understanding.

Kind Regards

SWFC

-----------------

At least you got a reply!

Not  very good one though in my opinion.

Again referencing the fact that more supporters asked for a refund than was anticipated - seriously how many did they expect to want their money back when the thing that they had paid for months in advance became unavailable and the alternative was to watch one of the worst performing teams in the country at the time on a computer?

Even taking into account the fact that a fair few supporters would choose the I-follow option, I would imagine that plenty of our season ticket holders are season ticket holders who go to games with family from the same household. If you are a family of 2, 3 4 or more all with season tickets, it is highly unlikely that you will all individually take the I-follow option rather than the money back option isn't it?

To keep referring to the amount of supporters who asked for a refund as some sort of excuse/justification for the time it is taking is wrong in my opinion. 

I'd like to know

1) Why they didn't immediately outsource this to a local call centre to do for them

2) Why they're calling from a weird looking phone number instead of simply changing it to a Sheffield number (which can be done free and within minutes of requesting that)

3) If they're actually sat manually dialling 8000 numbers one by one and not using an automated dialler

4) How long they give it before hanging up and dialling the next number

5) If they're only calling in the hours that our staff doing this calling up fans work (e.g. 9 to 5) or if they're calling in the evenings too when everyone is at home and actually likely to answer

6) If someone doesn't answer what happens? Do they continue down the list to the next fan waiting for a refund, or do they sit repeatedly calling the same fan until they answer? 

7)   How many attempts to you make to each fan before putting their number to one side and going down the list?

8 ) If they're making repeat calls to the same person who's not answered are they varying the times that they're trying? E.G if they call Pete Smith on a  Monday at 11am and he doesn't answer are they then calling him on Tuesday at 11am or are they trying him next time at 7pm? (e.g. if he's at work he's gonna be at work so are they trying him at different times to get hold of him?)

I could go on but I'm too angry/frustrated at this one

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I'd like to know

1) Why they didn't immediately outsource this to a local call centre to do for them

2) Why they're calling from a weird looking phone number instead of simply changing it to a Sheffield number (which can be done free and within minutes of requesting that)

3) If they're actually sat manually dialling 8000 numbers one by one and not using an automated dialler

5) If they're only calling in the hours that our staff doing this calling up fans work (e.g. 9 to 5) or if they're calling in the evenings too when everyone is at home and actually likely to answer

6) If someone doesn't answer what happens? Do they continue down the list to the next fan waiting for a refund, or do they sit repeatedly calling the same fan until they answer? 

7)   How many attempts to you make to each fan before putting their number to one side and going down the list?

8 ) If they're making repeat calls to the same person who's not answered are they varying the times that they're trying? E.G if they call Pete Smith on a  Monday at 11am and he doesn't answer are they then calling him on Tuesday at 11am or are they trying him next time at 7pm? (e.g. if he's at work he's gonna be at work so are they trying him at different times to get hold of him?)

I could go on but I'm too angry/frustrated at this one

Probably have loads of staff who don't have roles at the moment due to covid so have got them doing it rather than outsourcing 

13 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

How do they have everyone's phone number if they had to throw everyone's personal details away due to GDPR?

Can hold data when it is fair and reasonable to do so

If you are a current client of the club then it is fair and reasonable to hold said data

If you as an individual want the data redacting then you can do so

• Like 2

Just now, yeadonowl said:

Can hold data when it is fair and reasonable to do so

If you are a current client of the club then it is fair and reasonable to hold said data

If you as an individual want the data redacting then you can do so

So if they have everyone's details why not just refund them?

Owlstalk Shop

I’ll say it again.

Utd had this all sorted by the start of September. Even the people they couldn’t automatically credit money back too were contacted and refunded as they wished. 

It’s just down to a complete lack of organisation. Nothing else. 

• Like 3

Guest Grandad
33 minutes ago, TaxiMark said:

----------------

Thank you for your email, unfortunately I am not able to give you a specific time frame at the minute as to when you will receive your refund, as mentioned below on the article that we released at the end of October (please see below) due to the amount of supporters that selected option 8 it is taking a lot longer than anticipated.

The issues that we are currently experiencing are that supporters are not answering there phones which is adding to the current time frame, in the meantime we thank all our supporters for your patience and understanding.

Kind Regards

SWFC

-----------------

Absolutely disgraceful

From the fans who arent answering. They are the reason other fans who need the money arent getting refunded. Great deal of sympathy for the club now I know this. What can they do when selfish fans are spoiling the chosen process. 

Guest Grandad

I'd like to know

WHY DIDNT THEY SEND CHEQUES?

Guest Manwithastick
1 hour ago, TaxiMark said:

----------------

Thank you for your email, unfortunately I am not able to give you a specific time frame at the minute as to when you will receive your refund, as mentioned below on the article that we released at the end of October (please see below) due to the amount  number of supporters that selected option 8 it is taking a lot longer than anticipated.

The issues that we are currently experiencing are that supporters are not answering there  their phones which is adding to the current time frame, in the meantime we thank all of our supporters for your patience and understanding.

Kind Regards

SWFC

-----------------

Please tell me you didn't copy/paste that? There are so many grammatical and spelling errors it's shameful. Even worse so if it is supposed to be 

public communication from the club.

16 hours ago, Manwithastick said:

Please tell me you didn't copy/paste that? There are so many grammatical and spelling errors it's shameful. Even worse so if it is supposed to be 

public communication from the club.

To be honest I was just pleased I got some sort of response....but the way this is getting sorted out is unbelievable....how can anyone have faith in this club with this on show.