OFFICIAL - TONY PULIS APPOINTED SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY MANAGER

48 minutes ago, Salmonbones said:

Wednesday are not a steady ship.

I don't iike the kind of manager Pulis is, but if he keeps up his record of not having a club relegated, I for one right now will be very happy.

People slate his football, but how many Pulis type players do we have on our books right now?   He has a choice, try to turn them into harder more disciplined players - which ain't a problem to me, or he has to adapt.      The latter option is probably not on the cards.

I've also got half a mind on the fact we won't return to the stands this season, so is percentage and calculated football going to be a problem to me right now?   Nope.

I fear for a couple of players.   Bannan and Reach may be out of the door in the next window, i think Palmer and odubajo may be on his list to try to clear out too but I don't know if there would be takers for them

It's done though, what can we do?   Hope for the best and hope it comes off.

Good post!

Pretty much sums it up for me too.

I don't have to fork out for iFollow to watch more of the same turgid, regressive football that is basically going to be a continuation of Garry Monk's hideous incarnation.

Especially as I have just lost my job, as an indirect consequence of the pandemic.

Unfortunately I will not be the only one, in that respect.

We won't be able to watch live football for quite some time either.

So if this new appointment fulfils what appears to be the Chairman's main priority of simply staying up, in what is a distinctly average league, then so be it, carry on, "behind closed doors" - as it were,  with minimal hardship to any of the football purists among our fan base.

Then hopefully there will be a review of everything at season's end.

Although I fear that purely football wise, the club will regress still further now and that it will take years for our beloved club to ever be respected for playing attractive football again.

I would be very interested to know if T.P. is on a short term or long term contract and also how many other suitors for the job, were actually interviewed........

Underwhelmed.

1 minute ago, Avon barksdale said:

Bristol , Stoke and boro played in red don’t think he’s managed any teams that play in yellow as yet! 

I'm going to have to look it up aren't I?:tango:

19 minutes ago, Sticky Micky said:

Just when I lost hope in your leadership 

Then You pull this out of the hat

Youve claimed your seat back as the best chairman in our history. 

I look forward to watching the exciting football coming back to Hillsborough and the start of our return back to the big time 

Mr Chansiri and Mr Paxo you've played a blinder here and im confident yourselves and Mr Pulis will bring the dream back to this Massive club 

Well done and thankyou 

Dumb and dumber

totally redeem yourself🤣

6 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

This way of thinking is the thing I can't get my head around

I can understand someone saying 'lets just try Pulis and see what happens he might surprise us' etc - that's understandable and fine

But to say 'I don't know why fans want good football or an exciting manager because we've always had rubbish so we should continue down that route' is baffling to me

Am I misunderstanding badly here or is that really what's being said?

lol

Yes so would I but he's the manager of Sheffield Wednesday now what else can I do or any Wednesday fan come to think of it, the odd goal in the first half would be a start

8 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Good Point Jim. 👍

Still getting my head round you backing the manager.

lol

I can’t be ar$ed to argue the tO$$ anymore but I will make this point. I remember the time under Dave Allen when we also went through managers pretty quickly. Every time the job was available Megson seemed to be in the frame but even though he ticked the boxes that Allen kept saying should be ticked he was always overlooked?

Now I wasn’t overly keen on Megson getting the job but he was eventually appointed when Mandaric was here and there was an inevitability about him getting the job here at some stage. TBH I thought he did a good job here but as always some will disagree. He certainly IMO laid the foundations for first Jones and then Gray to push us on.

Now for me there was an inevitability about Pulis coming in. I thought having come close the last time, it was his job if he wanted it and of course this time he does. We’re in similar territory to the time Megson first took charge and I think Pulis will stop the rot and lay the foundations just like Megson did but he may get the opportunity to see the job through which Megson obviously didn’t?

• Like 3
8 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I can understand someone saying 'lets just try Pulis and see what happens he might surprise us' etc - that's understandable and fine

But to say 'I don't know why fans want good football or an exciting manager because we've always had rubbish so we should continue down that route' is baffling to me

lol

Really strange isnt it. I think people have  become so used to negative, boring football that they can't countenance another way of approaching the game.

It's like they think we have to play that way because there is no other way of getting results in this division. 

Of course it's not true but we've had so many managers telling us this that for some it's really sunk in deeply.

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

lol

Nail on head mate, it's called apathy and our fan base is dripping in it, their that used to crap that anything becomes acceptable.

Just now, ashley8 said:

Utter dog poo!!!

CHANSIRI OUT!!! 

FORGET MY SEASON TICKET RENEW 

STICK THE MONEY FIR IFOLLOW

TOTALLY LET DOWN 

CHANSIRI GET FOR SALE SIGN UP AND GET OUT!!!!! TAKE THAT tail WITH YOU !!!!

CALM

DOWN

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, NorthernOwl said:

Really strange isnt it. I think people have  become so used to negative, boring football that they can't countenance another way of approaching the game.

It's like they think we have to play that way because there is no other way of getting results in this division. 

Of course it's not true but we've had so many managers telling us this that for some it's really sunk in deeply.

It’s like being a victim of domestic abuse.  Too scared to break the cycle. 100 million sponked away and it’s come to appointing someone in the hope we can kick some teams off the park and bore the rest to death. 

• Love 1
  • Haha 1