Article on PulisAppointment

I definitely fall into the group the author mentions that would be happy with Pulis till the end of the season, but surely we need to be more forward thinking long term. As a side which struggles to score goals as it is, surely the last thing we need is a long-term manager who is famous for not scoring many goals...

3 minutes ago, MrTacoSWFC said:

It may be a long term contract with a clause to terminate depending on finishing positions at the end of the season.

Pulis is money orientated itwould cost us a fortune to get rid of him.

10 minutes ago, MrTacoSWFC said:

It may be a long term contract with a clause to terminate depending on finishing positions at the end of the season.

Very unlikely.  For all the articles that have been shared on here the past few days, Pulis has made sure every club pays him when he signs/sells players, when he leaves them, and when they sack him.

I can't see him signing a contract that potentially leaves him leaving for nowt.

• Like 1

The only goal we should have is staying in the championship. With no crowds coming in and still some high earners at the club ,relegation would be a nightmare.  For this reason only I think pulis is a good appointment we can worry about the standard of football once our championship status is secured hopefully. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Avon barksdale said:

The only goal we should have is staying in the championship. With no crowds coming in and still some high earners at the club ,relegation would be a nightmare.  For this reason only I think pulis is a good appointment we can worry about the standard of football once our championship status is secured hopefully. 

Agree if we only have 10 games left and he was just fire fighting . The guy will cost a fortune and leave a dire legacy.

14 minutes ago, waddleisgod said:

That article pretty much sums up the way I’m thinking re Pulis

just doesn’t seem right for now, with our squad in this league

The bit about Bannan I didn’t realise, I hope DC has done his checks because if Pulis drops Bazza it will kick off!!!!

Not sure everyone would kick off if he dropped Bannan but got points on the board.

To me, Bannan represents the 'nearly men'.

Now where's mi tin hat?

• Like 1

The appointment isn’t without some worries attached to it. The style seems awful but read this and there are some elements of what we need 

https://www.mfc.co.uk/news/club-statement-tony-pulis

Plus he’s probably closer to Bruce in terms of that forceful experienced character that seems to do ok here. Other than Pearson there hasn’t been a clear candidate for me.

Whilst the author of that doesn’t like Pulis I wonder what he makes of Woodgate who took the side of Pulis and did the fashionable thing and nearly sent them down. Cue Colin to the rescue 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

The reason why Chansiri wants to appoint Pulis is TO KEEP US UP.

The two-and-a-half year deal is to persuade him to come.

He's not over-keen, and who could blame him with an outfit like we've got.

With Colin and Six Fingers  (who Owls fans also rejected) being already engaged, survival experts are a bit thin on the ground.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1