Monk sacking

Another sacking, another struggle/ mediocre sesaon. The club is badly run and has been for a while now, by a naive chairman who i think wants the best for us but doesnt have much idea how to run a football club. Hes msde mistakes but we all have,

What depresses me is there is state of football, wednesday have being going backwards for years. Alot of this is due to one man getting involved in this beloved game and spoiling it.

Rupert Murdoch and his capatilist greedy company called sky. He created the premier league and subsequently an elite tier of clubs.

If youre not in tbe premier league then u arent anybody, hence match of the day just showing premier league matches. God i remember my boyhood hero Terry Curran scoring one of the best goals i ever saw stood at sufc then watching the highlights later.

Its not a level playing field anymore, agreed it wasnt totally one before but theres only a very limited amount of clubs who win anything now. Of course weve got no chance now.

Well get another manager in, nothing much will change, until ee gey this chairman out and a rich one in. I thought chsnsiri was very rich, i dont think hes what most people thought he was. Admittedly under his first season we did well, and that was our chance, now its long gone.

I yearn for the good times, utd have had theirs recently, but did they win anything no.

Anyway heres to the good old days, they eere great, it will take alot for me to go back to my beloved ground regularly, mainly due to the ridiculous ticket prices for poor/ average football. 

I will always love the blue and white wizards but the game needs to change.

Its the same clubs winning everything, o for yhat day in 1991, when we won the league cup  !😁😆😅🤣

• Like 4

Garry who???

This time next year DC will be telling us it never happened...... or better still he only did it because we made him! :Chansiri:
We think too much of ourselves and our fans deter multi million pound sponsorships with their behaviour on social media......

We’ve literally reached a point where all you can do is accept what happens and cross your fingers. 

Edited by Morepork
  • Like 2

What good is a rich chairman when he isn’t allowed to spend it? 

You say our chairman isn’t rich enough but still his hands are tied on spending. 

And Leicester were in League one just about 10 years ago. They changed their fortunes quite quickly. 

• Like 2

Think we have pretty much the right instruments for what we need to get into the safety zone, Monk simply wasn't getting a tune out of them, hopefully with a new manager we'll get a few points clear of safety by January then add a couple to complete what we need to push on a bit, anything about mid table is fairly unrealistic at this point.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

What are we talking about here, again?

:ph34r:

It unfortunately seems to apply in many arenas.

Indeed.

I don’t see us progressing through strategy, planning or any deliberate means for that matter.

With the emotions of optimism, shock, anger, grief, despair, resignation and hope all exhausted I feel we are down to relying on luck. Cross your fingers, buy some lucky white heather and a rabbits foot......... :Chansiri:lol

Edited by Morepork
  • Like 1

Ay the good old days. 
Grandstand. Half time reports when reporters were on the phone to the studio. Sam Leach. 
The old teleprinter when the final scores used to come in. Then read by Reginald Wolstenhulm. 
Proper FA cup final days. Glued to the TV all day. 
Then a proper match of the day with Jimmy Hill 

If only.  Long gone now my friend.