Cricket through the winter

The team we’ve picked seemed to suggest we were in it to grind out runs but not take wickets. Root playing as a bowler. 

Rubbish.

The pitch isn’t doing much. It looks like it’s really hard to get the old ball off the square though.

Stokes and Anderson have been utterly brilliant. 

I thought he was out just before the interval on that LBW shout. Couldn’t believe the umpire didn’t give it. It must have been about 49% of the ball hitting the stumps on the ball tracker as well. 

He smacked it everywhere after that. The little prick.

• Like 2
58 minutes ago, Adem Poric said:

I thought he was out just before the interval on that LBW shout. Couldn’t believe the umpire didn’t give it. It must have been about 49% of the ball hitting the stumps on the ball tracker as well. 

Totally agree. Looked stone dead to me. Would have been interesting to see what would have happened in it was an English batter was batting. Would imagine he’d be given out and let DRS prove otherwise 

Umpires call is such a cop out. If it’s hitting the stumps then it’s out

• Like 2

I've said it before on here, I think the umpires call is fine in principal but the percentages are wrong. At most it should be 25% as a cut off for saying it might not hit the stumps. 

1 hour ago, Adem Poric said:

Thought at the time that could prove decisive. Tbf to umpire i think he thought it’d hit bat first 

2 hours ago, Adem Poric said:

I've said it before on here, I think the umpires call is fine in principal but the percentages are wrong. At most it should be 25% as a cut off for saying it might not hit the stumps. 

25% is too much as well imo. I always thought the margin of error with DRS was +/- 5% that might be for tennis though. I agree with yeadonowl if it's hitting it's out.

Edited by darra

That 1st session last night was excellent by England. Shame Pant is so damn good. Need a repeat of last night on today's 1st session to give us a chance of a draw....................don't think we'll win.

How on earth did Stokes do all that work yesterday, too. He's supposed to have a dodgy tummy as well. And it was 40C out there. Amazing effort

2 hours ago, edmontonowl said:

That 1st session last night was excellent by England. Shame Pant is so damn good. Need a repeat of last night on today's 1st session to give us a chance of a draw....................don't think we'll win.

How on earth did Stokes do all that work yesterday, too. He's supposed to have a dodgy tummy as well. And it was 40C out there. Amazing effort

Draw? There’s 3 days left. Not much chance of that. 

The other problem is the line they use to determine the height is below the bail, so over 50% of the ball could be hitting the bail but it’s still umpires call.

10 minutes ago, R-Sole14 said:

The other problem is the line they use to determine the height is below the bail, so over 50% of the ball could be hitting the bail but it’s still umpires call.

Also, I guess, you could ask the umpire if he’d have given out if he knew he hadn’t hit it. 

3 hours ago, Essix Blue said:

Draw? There’s 3 days left. Not much chance of that. 

Would be helluva thing for England to win. They look cream-crackered

3 hours ago, Essix Blue said:

Also, I guess, you could ask the umpire if he’d have given out if he knew he hadn’t hit it. 

Same with the situation around offering a shot too.

India 160 ahead

Sad times for Sundar stranded on 96 after being stranded on 85 in last test. He must be right ticked off.