If it’s Pulis........

2 minutes ago, stocksyuto said:

Hes been offered it till the end of the season and all we are playing for is safety this season it seems so we will endure it for 35 games

He’ll probably get you out of trouble but it won’t be pretty to watch - not that that matters if he keeps you up.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Alan Robinson said:

Wednesday fans are currently ignoring anything that fans who have experienced him as a manager are warning

They're also ignoring their own eyes from when they've had to endure one of his teams performances either against us or on TV

They've even now suggesting Pulis will get us challenging  for the playoffs next season

It makes me want to weep because what Pulis brings is inevitable horrific anti-football, and mid table 0:0 draws

• Like 8

Owlstalk Shop

5 minutes ago, lanzaroteowl said:

I remember us being slagged from pillar to post under Howard Wilkinson by the 'experts'. "They've run down the M1 to get there" when we played in the Smoke. "All big kick and run around".

Oh to have those days now.

Not the same thing at all. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Wednesday fans are currently ignoring anything that fans who have experienced him as a manager are warning

They're also ignoring their own eyes from when they've had to endure one of his teams performances either against us or on TV

They've even now suggesting Pulis will get us challenging  for the playoffs next season

It makes me want to weep because what Pulis brings is inevitable horrific anti-football, and mid table 0:0 draws

What else can we do? Protest outside the stadium? Get the balloons back out?

Try and be positive. Change is happening. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, lanzaroteowl said:

I remember us being slagged from pillar to post under Howard Wilkinson by the 'experts'. "They've run down the M1 to get there" when we played in the Smoke. "All big kick and run around".

Oh to have those days now.

We scored 72 league goals that season. Compare that to Pulis at Boro. Wilkinson was direct and attack minded. Pulis is about defence. 

1 minute ago, rickygoo said:

We scored 72 league goals that season. Compare that to Pulis at Boro. Wilkinson was direct and attack minded. Pulis is about defence. 

Agree.

Also the thing is that the Wilkinson era was in the 1980's. Pulis still plays like it's the 80's and still isnt anywhere near as good. 

• Like 2