If you think the way Steve Bruce left Sheffield Wednesday and how he did it was bad....

Just now, Errol Flashman said:

He ant even picked a team yet.

I'll judge him on results.

You won't though mate

You'll judge him on results for a few weeks and then you and everyone else will start to moan about his style, about hoofing the ball etc

It's nailed on 

• Like 3

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Jack the Hat

That is bad. I don't know if the '2 million to buy land for my children' is the sob story he thinks it is. Couldn't' he have got them a ipad instead.

Just now, @owlstalk said:

You won't though mate

You'll judge him on results for a few weeks and then you and everyone else will start to moan about his style, about hoofing the ball etc

It's nailed on 

I won't.

I've never moaned about hoofball.

Some might.

I wont. 

100%

• Thanks 1

Just a bloke. Being dragged along in a world that moves too quick for it's own good.

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

From the reaction I'm seeing, our fans would be happy if Chansiri hiked up the prices to double what they are now  in order to bring him here so he can 'get us challenging for the playoffs next season'

Wednesday fans are about to get everything we deserve if we applaud this appointment

I've not seen many applaud the appointment. Dull acceptance maybe but very few are looking forward to it with enthusiasm.

There's not much the fans can do other than support the club and wait to see how it pans out. Pulis won't get a honeymoon period by the sounds of it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I will moan right up to and for a day or two after his appointment and then I will get behind him and his staff. Things cannot be any worse than they were under Monk. We all know that style or no style, if Pulis wins his first few games, we will be happy. Still hope it’s not him though. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

From the reaction I'm seeing, our fans would be happy if Chansiri hiked up the prices to double what they are now  in order to bring him here so he can 'get us challenging for the playoffs next season'

Wednesday fans are about to get everything we deserve if we applaud this appointment

I don’t see many people applauding his appointment to be fair. I don’t really see what choice we have. 

I don’t particularly want him here. But at the same time who am I to stick my nose up at a bloke who’s been in the premier leave more times than swfc have in the last 20 years. We wanted a manager with experience, knowledge and success. Well we have a bloke who has all 3. 

He has a reputation of anti football which I don’t think fans will tolerate for long if it’s not effective and successful. 

So no I don’t applaud it, but I understand it. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, royalowlisback said:

That Pulis sounds like a bit of a 5hithouse, but then a fair chunk of people involved in the game are, it's par for the course.

We've had a few walk out on us before (Bruce, Atkinson. Wilkinson) and we've appointed a fair few whose clubs were probably not right impressed as well.

It's football, greed is what it's all about - otherwise you wouldn't charge £40 a game to watch journeymen footballers bore the life out of you, funding their and their agents millionaire lifestyles.

That's not fair on Wilkinson has served the club in just about every capacity down the years apart from tea lady and who really didn't want to go, but was getting frustrated that he'd taken the club to a position where it might be able to challenge for honours if only the chairman would open up the budget a little for slightly better signings. He went on and proved his point abundantly by taking Leeds to the title a couple of years later with a squad that had several former Wednesday players (Chapman, Sterland, Newsome, Varadi, Shutt, Snodin and err... Cantona).

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Just now, DJMortimer said:

That's not fair on Wilkinson has served the club in just about every capacity down the years apart from tea lady and who really didn't want to go, but was getting frustrated that he'd taken the club to a position where it might be able to challenge for honours if only the chairman would open up the budget a little for slightly better signings. He went on and proved his point abundantly by taking Leeds to the title a couple of years later with a squad that had several former Wednesday players (Chapman, Sterland, Newsome, Varadi, Shutt, Snodin and err... Cantona).

I wasn't trying to imply that Wilkinson did anything wrong, just that managers leave if they think the grass is greener (turns out it was at Elland Road)!

• Like 1

Having taken the time to read the article if it is all true (and given it was proven in court I think we can say that it is) then I genuinely wouldn’t give the bloke a job even if he was going to play attractive football (which he won’t). 
This court case was a civil matter hence the judgement being to give the money back. 
If the equivalent judgement was in a criminal case he would have gone to prison. 
It’s a no from me. 

• Like 1

Guest Jack the Hat
24 minutes ago, Errol Flashman said:

I won't.

I've never moaned about hoofball.

Some might.

I wont. 

100%

Hoofball is better to watch than people make out. Essentially its getting the ball forward quickly then defending in the opponents half. Both Bannan and JVA are suited to this type of play. Its similar to what Wilko did in the 80's and we played some great games. When its done badly it doesn't look good, but then neither is breaking forward at a snails pace if done badly.

That said I don't like Pulis and don't want him as manager. 

3 minutes ago, Jack the Hat said:

Hoofball is better to watch than people make out. Essentially its getting the ball forward quickly then defending in the opponents half. Both Bannan and JVA are suited to this type of play. Its similar to what Wilko did in the 80's and we played some great games. When its done badly it doesn't look good, but then neither is breaking forward at a snails pace if done badly.

That said I don't like Pulis and don't want him as manager. 

Totally agree. Not inspired by Pulis appointment but hoof ball strangely enough has its merits.

Wilkos sides used to batter teams into submission. Opposing defenders would clear their lines then get the ball launched straight back at them. When it’s working it’s exciting to watch. When it stops working that’s when it’s dire 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

What do you think of the story in the link?

Sh*thouse, to go with his football style. Gutted we've got to this place where our motivation for appointing a manager is he's our best bet for staying in the division because of the squad Monk has 'built', but we HAVE to stay up this year, and anyone who thinks this squad is a shoe in to do that just because we've got 6 points back is deluding themselves.

This set of players has no divine right to stay up - way better squads have been relegated in the past - Wolves, Sunderland and Sheffield United in the last decade off the top of my head. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Sh*thouse, to go with his football style. Gutted we've got to this place where our motivation for appointing a manager is he's our best bet for staying in the division because of the squad Monk has 'built', but we HAVE to stay up this year, and anyone who thinks this squad is a shoe in to do that just because we've got 6 points back is deluding themselves.

This set of players has no divine right to stay up - way better squads have been relegated in the past - Wolves, Sunderland and Sheffield United in the last decade off the top of my head. 

We're only 2 points behind safety and how many games left?  31?

The only reason I'd consider this a sensible appointment is if we're absolutely bankrupt and can't spend a penny in January and need someone to try and guarantee us safety in such a position.

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop