Pulis deal could be a LONG TERM one

5 minutes ago, CrosbyKitchens said:

The main difference was Wilkinson had quality players in the squad. Sterland, Marwood, Chapman, Chamberlain, Hodge, Hirst, Lyons, Shirtliffe. Proper players.

Actually the main difference is it’s 2020. Not being funny, but football is totally different now. I know, a few will come on and say football is a simple game, and to a certain extent that’s true, but in terms of quality, the game has progressed beyond recognition That’s why we can’t slip any further behind

10 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Me too

The bit where he was SACKED

Maybe you've already done this, apologies if i've missed it but one question to you Sir

Given our situation, please put forward a credible alternative, someone who actually wants the job and is within our means

TIA

For the Pulis moaners.

Did you enjoy the football under Monk? I didn't. It was dull as dish water plus it didn't produce results.

Pulis' football might be dull but if it gets results surely it's a good thing?

We're bottom of the table, no money to spend, very average group of players - a top manager who plays sexy football which also fires up the league is a pipe dream. Do you REALLY think the club has the contacts and the infrastructure in place to attract that sort of manager?

The same fans who moan about the owner and his lack of footballing knowledge, then expect that same chairman to make a superb managerial appointment which galvanises the club, the fans and the team. Go figure. 

Just now, @owlstalk said:

West Brom in thinking they're better than they are shock. Happens to all clubs, start moaning about the manager and the style of play, hound him out and then fall down the league and realise they're just little old West Brom who are nothing special and shouldn't expect to play like Barcelona every week. 

West Brom - relegated after Pulis. 

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Sheffield Wednesday - Promoted after Megson

Genuine question, who would you like to see come in? You didn't want Cook. You don't want Pulis.

So which manager will come to a club bottom of the league, no money, an unpredictable chairman, a club with no strategy or long-term plan? 

8 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

For the Pulis moaners.

Did you enjoy the football under Monk? I didn't. It was dull as dish water plus it didn't produce results.

Pulis' football might be dull but if it gets results surely it's a good thing?

We're bottom of the table, no money to spend, very average group of players - a top manager who plays sexy football which also fires up the league is a pipe dream. Do you REALLY think the club has the contacts and the infrastructure in place to attract that sort of manager?

The same fans who moan about the owner and his lack of footballing knowledge, then expect that same chairman to make a superb managerial appointment which galvanises the club, the fans and the team. Go figure. 

I'd rather we were insta relegated to the conference, than employ pulis. 

His football is worse than Monks. We have the perfect opportunity to rebuild, Again. 

And what dose deranged old Wednesday do? 

Employ this chuffing dinosaur, long term, which in reality will only be short term, as I can guarantee you, people will want him gone soon enough. 

He's past it, an utter joke and his brand or style, belongs in the past. 

And it'll cost a chuffing fortune to get rid of him. 

Edited by Maddogbob
  • Like 2

Just now, Maddogbob said:

I'd rather we were insta relegated to the conference, than employ pulis. 

His football is worse than Monks. We have the perfect opportunity to rebuild, Again. 

And what dose deranged old Wednesday do? 

Employ this chuffing dinosaur, long term, which in reality will only be short term, as I can guarantee you, people will want him gone soon enough. 

And it'll cost a chuffing fortune to get rid of him. 

That's just silly talk. 

• Like 2