Pulis deal could be a LONG TERM one

21 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Yesterday I was fine with Pulis to the end of the season. I thought the Chairman had pulled off a sensible deal and I congratulated him for it.

2.5 years of Pulis will put the final nail in our coffin and I will be AMAZED if we break an average of 15k fans when we are allowed back

An absolute DISASTER of a deal.

It took 24 hours.

Please leave Mr Chansiri. 

To put it bluntly you were a fool to believe an avaricious man like Toxic Tony would accept what amounts to 7 months deal.

The cost implications for deal will be horrendous for Wednesday. I accept fans will fall away in droves how many will watch games. Sky TV avoids his teams because viewing figures are horrendous. Opposition fans will also avoid coming to Hillsborough as it will be a drudge.

Sponsors will therefore be harder to get.

Attracting stylish players will be impossible as few will want to play for him. 

His mode of operation is well known and he was ineffective in last wo jobs because style had been rumbled. Also the strong arm tactics he used to employ you can no longer get away with them.

Anyone who thinks this will be a success needs bumps feeling.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, NorthernOwl said:

6 weeks ago we were 12 points off safety and in a real bind. It was an emergency situation and staying up looked a huge challenge. Pulis may have made some sense at this point in time.

Maybe Pulis was approached 6 weeks ago but decided -12 was too much to achieve , then when the points deduction was halved he decided to take the job.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NorthernOwl said:

6 weeks ago we were 12 points off safety and in a real bind. It was an emergency situation and staying up looked a huge challenge. Pulis may have made some sense at this point in time.

However now we are only 2 points from safety and we should be able to stay up relatively comfortably. 

Pulis can keep us up but he cant take us forward. We need a manager who can put in place the building blocks for succes next season as well.

Not a pulis fan but how do you k ow he can’t take us forward? Most of his clubs he has finished in and around the play offs? Is that not taking us forward if he was to achieve that? We haven’t looked like getting anywhere near that scenario for a cup of years? Now he might not do it but to say he won’t after all he as done at previous clubs ? Like I said not a fan and don’t look forward to watching a better version of monk ball ( results will be better that’s all) but as needs must at the minute 

I think he’ll do a good job to the end of the season. That is what we were reading about yesterday, then suddenly he becomes a longer term solution overnight. The goalposts moved, so inevitably, so does my thoughts on the matter.

I can’t see an issue here to be honest in stating you don’t fancy watching, for an extended period, the well established method of play Mr Pulis is associated with, nor with saying so to Mr C via football fora.

In fact, you can bet Mr C released details of a possible move for Mr Pulis through the media so that he can judge the reaction.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Mr C now looked to another target who we could all (mostly) agree on. We’d then say, well done Mr C.

5 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

Maybe Pulis was approached 6 weeks ago but decided -12 was too much to achieve , then when the points deduction was halved he decided to take the job.

Then we should say thanks but no thanks, we should dictate the terms of the job, not him

8 minutes ago, Grandad said:

We have an absolutely AWFUL squad - forced on us by our FFP problem (that may well contiue)

More a case of forced on us by a poor transfer policy and some shambolic recruitment.

Research player stats thoroughly,play to a certain style,recruit the correct players in a prudent fashion and you dont need to worry about FFP.

I dont hear Brentford moaning

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, NorthernOwl said:

However now we are only 2 points from safety and we should be able to stay up relatively comfortably. 

Pulis can keep us up but he cant take us forward. We need a manager who can put in place the building blocks for succes next season as well.

excellent post. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Gob_Bluth said:

Then we should say thanks but no thanks, we should dictate the terms of the job, not him

I can just imagine how that conversation would go:

'Right, Tony - the club's in a right mess. We've got a Frankenstein's monster of a squad who've been assembled on the cheap after we let most of our better players leave for nothing. We know you're used to managing in the Premier League or at the upper end of the Championship, but we'd like you to overcome our points deduction, guide our rag-tag bunch clear of relegation, and then bugger off so we can appoint Eddie Howe, please. Here's your seven month contract.'

*crickets*

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Southside Owl said:

didnt say the current squad had them

and actually i rather enjoyed the 1960s teams style of play, when we were in the first division..

it wasn't pulis style as well..on its day it was a decent footballing side..

and to be fair no-one could lace georges boots 

ultimately we are eventually going to have to start somewhere... 

looks like it wont happen soon..

hopefully pulis will keep us up

then next season bore the pants of everybody and chansiri will sack him off at a price

Best made that remark about Wilko's team in the mid-80s.

I think we could ultimately have the team you desire, but we would have to build up to that.

Realistically that means getting to the PL first.

Unless you're lucky enough to get a Wilder, or have the pedigree for a Bielsa, that probably means going down the Pulis/Karanka/Colin route.

Otherwise we'll be continually gambling with feast and famine the likely outcome.

33 minutes ago, NorthernOwl said:

You see that's where you and I have differing opinions.

The hole we're in presupposes that it's all Monk's fault, and but for him we'd be doing OK.

A bit like the situation with Jos, namely that it was his fault not that of the team.

But I think that as much as anything it's the plain and simple fact that the team is now bobbar.

Most managers would struggle to do anything with it, and only a Colin, a Six Fingers or a Pulis can save us.

Guest Grandad
2 minutes ago, Asio otus said:

Blimey  All I said its a very poor appointment. End of no threats or abuse like some morons have done. 

Why do that?

Why not just come and vent on here like the rest of us - instead of messaging the Chairmans son directly?

Are you a f****g bully? Or just stupid?

Not sure what I think of TP - lost his way at WBA and Boro so what makes Chansiri think he will work wonders here.

His football is pretty awful but I suppose we have to give him a crack, he certainly sets his teams up hard to beat.

He wouldn't have been my choice but we just need to focus on staying up.

• Thanks 1