Pulis deal could be a LONG TERM one

Guest Grandad

Yesterday I was fine with Pulis to the end of the season. I thought the Chairman had pulled off a sensible deal and I congratulated him for it.

2.5 years of Pulis will put the final nail in our coffin and I will be AMAZED if we break an average of 15k fans when we are allowed back

An absolute DISASTER of a deal.

It took 24 hours.

Please leave Mr Chansiri. 

With Big Jack you had huge experience, the respect of the players and a personality that took you with him.

With Howard Wilkinson we had a much more measured attitude and personality. Intelligent  but a team that steamrollered other clubs. 

With Pulis, sadly, we’ve got the attritional football without the personality, respect or intelligence. But it’s Wednesday... it is what it is. 

5 minutes ago, Freshfish said:

With Big Jack you had huge experience, the respect of the players and a personality that took you with him.

With Howard Wilkinson we had a much more measured attitude and personality. Intelligent  but a team that steamrollered other clubs. 

With Pulis, sadly, we’ve got the attritional football without the personality, respect or intelligence. But it’s Wednesday... it is what it is. 

Comparing Pulis to Big Jack & Wilkinson is chalk and cheese.

Football was different back then, it was affordable, working class entertainment.

It's now a multimillion pound entertainment industry, there's a reason managers like Pulis aren't getting the jobs they used to

50 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

Six weeks ago our ambition was to be in 21st place and people were saying we'd have no chance with Monk...now apparently we need someone to drive us up the table playing open attacking football with a view to the playoffs....you couldn't write it

People generally want a long term vision with some sort of entertainment on the horizon. It was Chansiri that talked about the play offs and not liking Bruce's style of football.  Instead we're heading into a Blue John cavern with the lights switched off. But we should know better than to question Chansiri's judgement after all he's hardly put a foot wrong over the last few years. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Yesterday I was fine with Pulis to the end of the season. I thought the Chairman had pulled off a sensible deal and I congratulated him for it.

2.5 years of Pulis will put the final nail in our coffin and I will be AMAZED if we break an average of 15k fans when we are allowed back

An absolute DISASTER of a deal.

It took 24 hours.

Please leave Mr Chansiri. 

It's just one disaster to another with DC. It's become a circus, all cos he won't bring in some footballing people to help him run the club. He should never have cancelled his committee idea or should have done a variation of it. He's out of his depth as a chairman, he simply knows nothing about football or how to run a football club. It's going to end in disaster or farce. 

It’s clear to see that Pulis would be a divisive appointment, and consequently a risky one. Half the fan base detest the idea of him coming, while the other half see it as a sensible appointment. I would imagine most of those against the appointment, feel that way because of the way his teams play. If we start winning games, some may fall into line, but will do so grudgingly, as they’ll still have to put up with a brand of football they despise. If results done go away, a lot more people who now support the appointment, will soon switch to the objectors. With such a divided fan base, you know this will not end well

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

Six weeks ago our ambition was to be in 21st place and people were saying we'd have no chance with Monk...now apparently we need someone to drive us up the table playing open attacking football with a view to the playoffs....you couldn't write it

6 weeks ago we were 12 points off safety and in a real bind. It was an emergency situation and staying up looked a huge challenge. Pulis may have made some sense at this point in time.

However now we are only 2 points from safety and we should be able to stay up relatively comfortably. 

Pulis can keep us up but he cant take us forward. We need a manager who can put in place the building blocks for succes next season as well.

• Like 5

Guest Grandad
Just now, NorthernOwl said:

6 weeks ago we were 12 points off safety and in a real bind. It was an emergency situation and staying up looked a huge challenge. Pulis may have made some sense at this point in time.

However now we are only 2 points from safety and we should be able to stay up relatively comfortably. 

Pulis can keep us up but he cant take us forward. We need a manager who can put in place the building blocks for succes next season as well.

We'd be 1 place above relegation without the points deduction

Its nowhere near as comfortable as you state..

We have an absolutely AWFUL squad - forced on us by our FFP problem (that may well contiue)

Just now, NorthernOwl said:

but even when it was 12 points, a Pulis deal only until the end of the season, would be all we should sanction

• Like 2