Jump to content

Pulis deal could be a LONG TERM one


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, JumboRex said:

Why are people upset at Pulis, but would take Megson. Pulis is basically the same as Megson but more successful, I for one, am happy with the appointment

because they want to watch good classy entertaining football

not to pay a lot of money to watch his particular style of football

because we may have to endure this for a few years rather than short term tony just doing us a job.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

 

But the longer he has left on his contract when he gets the 'chop', the bigger his pay off will be.

Yep and that's the nature of the beast with contracts.

Let's hope DCs advisers realise also.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Southside Owl said:

because they want to watch good classy entertaining football

not to pay a lot of money to watch his particular style of football

because we may have to endure this for a few years rather than short term tony just doing us a job.

 

 

Ok, fine.. but lets say we stay up this season and we play the same brand next season and go up.. would you not be happy with that? He did it with Stoke so why not here? 

 

Honestly, there are no pleasing our fans, its a complete joke. 

 

Given the above statement you would be happy to stay up this season playing poo football then bring in a new manager, rebuild again (with no money, so not like we can bring messi in is it)? 

 

Give me a break

 

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Jack Charlton and Howard Wilkinson were much lauded Owls Managers. Both played direct football and reaped the rewards and both had long and successful managerial careers.  Both are always remembered fondly by supporters who turned up in droves to watch sky ball, most glorying in it.

 

Mr Pulis is capable of emulating Jack and Howard and becoming an Owls Legend.

 

Even our arch enemy Neil (Colin) Warnock who is Mr Direct has had an amazing career.

  • Love 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JumboRex said:

 

Ok, fine.. but lets say we stay up this season and we play the same brand next season and go up.. would you not be happy with that? He did it with Stoke so why not here? 

 

Honestly, there are no pleasing our fans, its a complete joke. 

 

Given the above statement you would be happy to stay up this season playing poo football then bring in a new manager, rebuild again (with no money, so not like we can bring messi in is it)? 

 

Give me a break

 

feel free to have your break...

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

 

Has as been covered loads of times before, even by former Chairmen of our club, at this level managers get a 3/6 month pay off regardless of length of their contract.

 

This is Chansiri we are talking about here. Pulis will probably nail him down to something far better than that.

 

If he gets sacked at the end of this season, can't see him accepting 3 months severance pay with 2 years left on his contract.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Adem Poric said:

 

"Does miracles wherever he goes"

 

He keeps teams up, sometimes gets teams promoted. He also has a short shelf life at every team. Because his football is absolutely dreadful. The worst thing is, his football is better than what Pulis puts out.

 

I dont really understand your argument. There is no way you can have seen a Pulis team before if you think he can get the best out of Bannan or any other actual footballer. He will probably get the best out of the defenders and the whole teams effort will have to improve as they'll be constantly jumping to try to head it, win flick ons. 

 

Personally i hate his football. It's utterly perplexing to me that people will be happy as long as we just work hard on the pitch. 

how can you say he hasn't though what he did at Rotherham who were dead and buried was unbelievable, do you think the Rotherham fans cared if he played good football, the remit was to keep them up and he achieved it, likewise at Middlesbrough and Cardiff.

 He keeps team up, sometimes gets them promoted😂😂 so he's literally hitting his target with that club but you don't like it because he plays dreadful football 😂 

this is exactly what were up against😂

short shelf life? like CC who everyone thinks the sun shines out of his backside???

 

Yeah i saw what he did with his stoke side in the premier league he used his players effectively, he got them into the europa league with his "dinosaur tactics". 

There is much worse out there than TP.

 

Never said i would be happy with his football i just don't believe it will be aimlessly shelling it long every 90 minutes of football  like everyone is making out, why would you when you have Bannan. 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Pulis has always led by fear to some extent.  Lots of reports of him shouting and ranting, including headbutting James beattie after Stoke lost to Arsenal , and a scrap with Dave Kitson.  

 

I would love to see him square up to big Dom Iorfa if he thinks he is such a hard man.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:


he really does sound a nasty money driven piece of work. 

I hope that DC has something in place to protect the club and himself.

 

Hopefully Pulis 'IF' appointed will just focus on the football.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Now I would prefer someone else but it was always likely after going for him last time and not getting him that this time we wouldn’t take no for answer should we go for him this time which we obviously have. 

 

After Warnock, Bruce and Hughton, Pulis is as good as it gets at this level. Perhaps his record would be on a par with those three had he spent as long a time managing in the championship as they have.

 

The reason he hasn’t is he’s cut it in the premier league where the other three arguably haven’t?

 

It was never going to be a short term

deal with Pulis. He’s looking for one last job before retirement and this one is it. He’ll be well versed in all things Wednesday due to his best mate and even though the football won’t be pretty, it will be effective. This is what did for Monk. It’s alright being attritional but you need results and he didn’t get them.

 

Another thing Monk didn’t do was use the tools at his disposal well enough. Pulis has made a very good living at being able to do this.

 

Granted he’s not the appointment we all wanted but most of us were happy with Bruce when he was appointed and absolutely gutted when he abruptly left. When all is said and done Pulis is at least on a par with Bruce if not a little bit better?

 

Providing he sticks around he gives Chansiri his best chance of achieving his premier league dream but first there is the more immediate matter of achieving championship survival but my guess is come Christmas things will be looking much healthier on that front?

 

IMO Pulis will get the job done and when all is said and done that’s what we all want surely?

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rickygoo said:

I'm calm. The only agenda I have to to enjoy my football. 

I enjoy winning. 

 

If Wednesday have ground out an ugly 1-0  win then my weekend is much better than if we have lost 4-3 in an entertaining game of free flowing tiki taka football.

 

If "Tone" can make us hard to beat and has a win  ratio of around 40% then Im sure all the Pulis naysayers and bedwetters will disappear back into the woodwork.

 

If the results are garbage then both Tone & DC deserve the pelters that will undoubtedly be coming their way.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, JumboRex said:

Why are people upset at Pulis, but would take Megson. Pulis is basically the same as Megson but more successful, I for one, am happy with the appointment

 

I don't want either of the dinosaurs near the club. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

This is depressing, but, sadly Pulis's MO. Come in cheap but with a release if you get relegated. if you don't he can say I'm worth that Expensive long term deal. He took 15 years of progress at WBA and flushed it. The man ccould have bought Serge Gabry for £2m but he "Didn't have a Football brain" he bought Oli Burke for £13m instead. If he does sign I doubt I'll post here again until he goes as I never trolled you, but I don't like the  guy. So won't have anything positive to say. I hope it sooner than later HY xxx

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, hasthagotanycheese said:

I enjoy winning. 

 

If Wednesday have ground out an ugly 1-0  win then my weekend is much better than if we have lost 4-3 in an entertaining game of free flowing tiki taka football.

 

If "Tone" can make us hard to beat and has a win  ratio of around 40% then Im sure all the Pulis naysayers and bedwetters will disappear back into the woodwork.

 

If the results are garbage then both Tone & DC deserve the pelters that will undoubtedly be coming their way.

If the future is trying to eke out 1-0 wins amid a general air of tedium count me out. Most of his recent career has been about survival. About scraping wins and . scraping draws to stay in the Premier League. At Boro it should have been about dominating teams and bossing games. That's not his style and ultimately they failed.

 

If football was just about the result I'd get as much fulfilment watching Final Score as I do going to games. For me it isn't - the game itself - not the other things that surround the game of being with your mates - is about drama and excitement and goalmouth action. Strip that away and it's not worth my time and money to  be honest. I'm snookered for next season as Chansiri already has my cash and given the tardiness of handing out refunds for last season I can't see me ever getting that back. But it's a sunk cost and if it's crap I just won't bother going any more. I've been close to it recently and this might be it.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

If the future is trying to eke out 1-0 wins amid a general air of tedium count me out. Most of his recent career has been about survival. About scraping wins and . scraping draws to stay in the Premier League. At Boro it should have been about dominating teams and bossing games. That's not his style and ultimately they failed.

 

If football was just about the result I'd get as much fulfilment watching Final Score as I do going to games. For me it isn't - the game itself - not the other things that surround the game of being with your mates - is about drama and excitement and goalmouth action. Strip that away and it's not worth my time and money to  be honest. I'm snookered for next season as Chansiri already has my cash and given the tardiness of handing out refunds for last season I can't see me ever getting that back. But it's a sunk cost and if it's crap I just won't bother going any more. I've been close to it recently and this might be it.

 

I'm sorry you lost your money mate

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

 

This is Chansiri we are talking about here. Pulis will probably nail him down to something far better than that.

 

If he gets sacked at the end of this season, can't see him accepting 3 months severance pay with 2 years left on his contract.

Brilliant. Not content with slagging off and undermining our new manager before he's been confirmed in the role; we now have people theorising on how is contract could be terminated and the effect on the club😂😂

You couldn't make it up

 

  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Pulis has got to be persuaded to come here, so he's in the driving seat.

 

Sadly, we're not the draw that some of our fans think we are.

 

It's not whether we'll accept him, it's if he'll accept us.

 

This team has proven itself to be wretched and mentally weak.

 

We're in the bottom three and we're paralysed in the transfer market.

 

And we've got Chansiri at the helm.

 

Howe and Wenger must both be hoping that the deal falls through so they get a chance to manage us.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Stripes or die said:

Brilliant. Not content with slagging off and undermining our new manager before he's been confirmed in the role; we now have people theorising on how is contract could be terminated and the effect on the club😂😂

You couldn't make it up

 

 

What are you on about, where do I 'slag off' the new manager?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...