Van aken

Reach

Loungo 

Pelupessy 

Bannan

Patterson

Rhodes

Awful

One thing I will expect from Pulis, is a left back will actually play left back.

I can see a return for Penny, as he’s our only one.

Pulis will have to work with what he’s got, so I doubt anyone will be frozen out till the end of the season (hint to Monk, that’s when you bin players, not mid season). This will give everyone an opportunity to show what they can do. Expect sudden upturns in some player’s form.

• Love 1

11 hours ago, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

For start he will play 4x. Center backs

Wildsmith

Iorfa lees dunkley (if fit) borner

Palmer luongo pelupessy bannan

Paterson Rhodes

I think he’ll bring Rhodes back into the side. 

• Love 1

Dont be so sure he’ll ditch 352 pre-window. Our squad is jam-packed full of CBs and not a single LB.

If 352

Iorfa Lees Borner

Harris Brown Bannan Luongo Reach (Joey will play a lot for Brown or Luongo)

Rhodes Windass

If 442

Iorfa Lees Borner Palmer

Harris Luongo Bannan Reach (Brown for Luongo some games)

Windass Rhodes 

If 433

Iorfa Lees Borner Palmer

Brown Bannan Luongo (Joey will play a lot for Brown or Luongo)

Harris Rhodes Reach

I’ve no idea which he’ll go for, but I think the names are correct. He’ll want quality early balls into the box, hence Reach and Harris on their strong foot. I think he’ll consider JVA at LB, but ultimately find him too soft and prone to error. I think he’ll appreciate Palmer’s strength and no-nonsense. He’ll want Rhodes as an out and out striker.

I think the big question is CM. When Pulis starts we play Sat-Weds-Sat thru to Christmas. Not a snowball’s hope in Hell that Brown and Luongo will stand up to that. Will he want Joey playing every game, or will he go for a two in midfield so Bannan + Luongo or Brown play every game? 

Personally I’m really excited by the options. Most games I’ve been thoroughly miserable when Monk named the side. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Dont be so sure he’ll ditch 352 pre-window. Our squad is jam-packed full of CBs and not a single LB.

If 352

Iorfa Lees Borner

Harris Brown Bannan Luongo Reach (Joey will play a lot for Brown or Luongo)

Rhodes Windass

If 442

Iorfa Lees Borner Palmer

Harris Luongo Bannan Reach (Brown for Luongo some games)

Windass Rhodes 

If 433

Iorfa Lees Borner Palmer

Brown Bannan Luongo (Joey will play a lot for Brown or Luongo)

Harris Rhodes Reach

I’ve no idea which he’ll go for, but I think the names are correct. He’ll want quality early balls into the box, hence Reach and Harris on their strong foot. I think he’ll consider JVA at LB, but ultimately find him too soft and prone to error. I think he’ll appreciate Palmer’s strength and no-nonsense. He’ll want Rhodes as an out and out striker.

I think the big question is CM. When Pulis starts we play Sat-Weds-Sat thru to Christmas. Not a snowball’s hope in Hell that Brown and Luongo will stand up to that. Will he want Joey playing every game, or will he go for a two in midfield so Bannan + Luongo or Brown play every game? 

Personally I’m really excited by the options. Most games I’ve been thoroughly miserable when Monk named the side. 

have you forgot about Patterson? Imo he’s the most Pulis player we have. 

• Like 1

Just now, WalthamOwl said:

have you forgot about Patterson? Imo he’s the most Pulis player we have. 

Not forgotten Paterson.

I just don’t think he’s anywhere near good enough, and while I agree with you he’s the “type” of forward for Pulis, he’s not good enough. I’d see him likely first attacking sub.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pussface said:

One thing I will expect from Pulis, is a left back will actually play left back.

I can see a return for Penny, as he’s our only one.

Pulis will have to work with what he’s got, so I doubt anyone will be frozen out till the end of the season (hint to Monk, that’s when you bin players, not mid season). This will give everyone an opportunity to show what they can do. Expect sudden upturns in some player’s form.

Expect away.

He doesn't though, he plays centre halves as full backs.

Seemingly he's got a reputation of playing round pegs in round holes when it couldn't be further from the truth

13 hours ago, bobness said:

Bazza will be reverted back to the position all his previous clubs played him, put wide midfield. 

If Pulis does take over I'd be expecting a front two of Patterson and Windass. 

Patterson as the spearhead, with Windass playing that geof Cameron role in behind. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gob_Bluth said:

Expect away.

He doesn't though, he plays centre halves as full backs.

Seemingly he's got a reputation of playing round pegs in round holes when it couldn't be further from the truth

He won't last very long then.

55 minutes ago, Sefton owl said:

I sincerely hope not

Just going by what he’s done at previous clubs. He goes for brute strength and height. Sets up not to lose games.

I bet the players are absolutely gutted reading the news. 

Guest domSWFC

--------------------- Wildsmith -----------------

Iorfa -------- Flint --- Borner -------- Palmer

Harris -  Luongo - Pelupessey - Reach

------------ Paterson - Kachunga ------------

Who do you think he'll play?

I think Bannan will play. We're not fighting for our lives YET and i'm sure Pulis will soon see he's the only person with quality...we'll get to see even more corners,long balls, hollywood balls and set piece specials from Baz!

I have a feeling he'll go 352.

Wildsmith

Reach

Iorfa

Lees

JVA

Palmer

Bannan

Luongo

Brown

Paterson

Rhodes