Well done Dejphon Chansiri

Guest Grandad

2 hours ago, Grandad said:

You've acted quickly, removed a problem and appointed an experienced Championship manager with promotion on his CV, and not a single relegation

Can't ask for anything more in our current predicament. 

Now that's done PLEASE employ someone to run the club. And then let them run it

Agree on first point.

But there's no chance of DC employing someone else to run the club at this stage, so pointless going on about it. He told us such in the recent interview.

Guest Grandad
11 minutes ago, swfc-dan said:

Agree on first point.

But there's no chance of DC employing someone else to run the club at this stage, so pointless going on about it. He told us such in the recent interview.

That recent interview where he backed the manager?

Ok

3 hours ago, Grandad said:

You've acted quickly, removed a problem and appointed an experienced Championship manager with promotion on his CV, and not a single relegation

Acting quickly would have been sacking Monk at the start of March latest, not giving him until the end of the season to prove he was shuffle, give him a summer to bring in broken players and then fail again.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, PEARSON said:

Well done Chansiri for running the club into the ground and making an appointment like Pulis, with the goal of staying up, something people are ok with.

well i'm ok with us staying up coz it sure beats the alternative ......

Guest Grandad
5 minutes ago, airborne_rat_of_s6 said:

Acting quickly would have been sacking Monk at the start of March latest, not giving him until the end of the season to prove he was shuffle, give him a summer to bring in broken players and then fail again.

I think it was only fair to give monk the chance to show what he can do with his own players and backroom team

He did.

It was shocking

3 hours ago, Grandad said:

Sven?

Chansiri recently suggested that fans negativity on social media had harmed the club financially due to lost sponsorship revenue  as suitors were put off by the clubs image. Imagine how attractive we’ll be with PulisBall. The only companies I can see wanting to be associated with us now are D-Dinghies (repeatedly fetching hoof balls out of the Don) D-Orthopaedics (neck braces as we strain to catch sight of the aerial bombardment), and D-Mentia as we slowly go mad. Happy times ahead. 

289CF6A4-5D2C-4B55-8088-A8AE5C55660A.jpeg

• Haha 3

I can't say this frills me but equally I couldn't be critical of it as it may very well represent our best chance at survival in this league.

Something else that's worth mentioning to those worried about the "style" of football under Pulis. It's amazing how much you can forgive the "style" when you are getting positive results. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Morepork said:

I can't say this frills me but equally I couldn't be critical of it as it may very well represent our best chance at survival in this league.

Something else that's worth mentioning to those worried about the "style" of football under Pulis. It's amazing how much you can forgive the "style" when you are getting positive results. 

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/how-tony-pulis-lost-battle-16293443

I'm the wrong person to ask - I was bored shitless by Carlos in Season Two. Long-ball can be exciting - look at the buccaneering period under Wilko - it's being defensive that kills football as a spectator sport and Pulis has a reputation that seems to be well deserved and something he wears as a badge of honour. 

1 minute ago, rickygoo said:

Surely that will be the outcome for any manager that plays dire football and loses? Or are you just suggesting he's bad? Which looking at his more recent win ratio from his last three appointments looks like he'll be giving GM and JL a run for their money..... I must admit, I thought his record was more robust than that but you have to go back several years to see it pick up.

Did anyone hang on to Garry's number......

4 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

I'm the wrong person to ask - I was bored shitless by Carlos in Season Two. Long-ball can be exciting - look at the buccaneering period under Wilko - it's being defensive that kills football as a spectator sport and Pulis has a reputation that seems to be well deserved and something he wears as a badge of honour. 

I want to see us be hard to beat, if that meant winning games by small margins I'd live with it, certainly over the next season or two. It feels like too much to ask to be entertaining and stay up.......which it shouldn't be of course.