Sven wants the job

3 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

It was the time the FA were thrashing about trying to modernise.. him Capello and Sam..£50 million on those three.

We're it before that Royal Mail kid?

Y'know, the one who said Royal Mail needed a knew name. So they got one and sprayed all the vans ....and then it all went back how it had been before but a few million lighter.

Sven and that other suit...forget his name.  Both bonking the same  P.A.  

Like a bleedin carry-on film

Just a bloke. Being dragged along in a world that moves too quick for it's own good.

5 minutes ago, Errol Flashman said:

We're it before that Royal Mail kid?

Y'know, the one who said Royal Mail needed a knew name. So they got one and sprayed all the vans ....and then it all went back how it had been before but a few million lighter.

Sven and that other suit...forget his name.  Both bonking the same  P.A.  

Like a bleedin carry-on film

Went to BA via the post office?

I'd love a face to face with Vince Cable about that..

48 minutes ago, Suzuki_San said:

Ranieri's 4 clubs before Leicester, were Juve, Roma, Inter and Greece.  

Not sure they really compare with Guangzhou R&F, Shanghai SIPG, Shenzhen and the Philippines? 

Doesn't count for that much, but Eriksson record in China was quite decent. He took R&F, a very run-of-the-mill team to 6th then 3rd and their first ever Champions League campaign, then a newish franchise Shanghai SIPG (admittedly with money behind them) from mid-table to 2nd then 3rd.

For people who like win %'s then Sven's career is very good:

Gothenburg = 51%

Benfica = 77%

Roma = 46%

Fiorentina = 33%

Benfica = 65%

Sampdoria = 42%

Lazio = 57%

England = 60%

Man City = 42%

Mexico = 46%

Ivory Coast = 40%

Leicester City = 45%

Guangzhou R&F = 52%

Shanghai SIPG = 55%

Shenzhen = 40%

Philippines = 20%

If he's interested in the job then he comes with more pedigree than Eddie fūcking Howe or Paul Cook. So on that basis, I'm all in. Maybe he can bring in a Dream Team backroom staff of Niclas Alexandersson, Ola Tidman and Kim Olsen. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Emerson Thome said:

Doesn't count for that much, but Eriksson record in China was quite decent. He took R&F, a very run-of-the-mill team to 6th then 3rd and their first ever Champions League campaign, then a newish franchise Shanghai SIPG (admittedly with money behind them) from mid-table to 2nd then 3rd.

Gothenburg = 51%

Benfica = 77%

Roma = 46%

Fiorentina = 33%

Benfica = 65%

Sampdoria = 42%

Lazio = 57%

England = 60%

Man City = 42%

Mexico = 46%

Ivory Coast = 40%

Leicester City = 45%

Guangzhou R&F = 52%

Shanghai SIPG = 55%

Shenzhen = 40%

Philippines = 20%

If he's interested in the job then he comes with more pedigree than Eddie fūcking Howe or Paul Cook. So on that basis, I'm all in. Maybe he can bring in a Dream Team backroom staff of Niclas Alexandersson, Ola Tidman and Kim Olsen. 

And this fella

image.png.9dbcedd8ef5b9011cb2c55ae0c19ca06.png

• Love 1

4 hours ago, theowlsman said:

Well what a journey I’ve just been on. Started searching for Nancy Dell’Ollio first as she used to give me the horn, though she’s nearly 60 now. Had a good look at some of her pics and she doesn’t need to take her clothes off to give you a stiffy.

Then discovered she isn’t with Sven any more, ditched him because she never got over Sven banging Ulkrika Jonsson. So I thought I’d have a look at her pics. Again, you would, and again, can give me a stiffy without taking her clothes off.

Then found out Nancy is now with some bloke called Trevor Nunn who runs the Royal Shakespeare Theatre Company or summat. Looks a bit like Richard Branson, but darker beard. Ugly fecker, dunno what Nancy sees in him. Then noticed he’s had two actresses before he got up Nancy, so had a gander at them. His first wife, whose name I can’t remember, is a bit of a moose to be fair, then he was knocking off Imogen Stubbs. Couldn’t remember who she was but recognised her face on her pics. She scrubs up well on a couple of them, but in the others would only make the front page of Woman’s Own or Knitters Monthly at best. 

It was an interesting journey via Google but never actually got around to check out Sven’s recent managerial record.

Check Imogen Stubbs out from the TV version of "The Rainbow " in 1988. She was seriously hot!

I'd actually be in favour of getting Sven in.

As has been posted, he tends to win games everywhere he's been. He's England's most successful manager since Ramsey (which might  seem ridiculous to some, but it's true) and with the Philippines last year he took them to their equivalent of the EUROs for the first time in their history.  So he can manage good players and he can manage poor players, which is good as we've got both! His 2 seasons at Leicester he had a points per game return of 1.59. That's higher than Carlos and about what Bruce was getting. If he did anything like that with us, I'll be very happy indeed.

He'd also raise the profile of the club a fair bit. If we're honest, we're a bit of a forgotten club right now. Gone is the attention of Carlos' play-off runs, we're just another "oh yeah, they used to be big" team. Sven would catch the eye of the media and we'd likely get more TV games so higher revenue etc off the back of it, not to mention raised profile overseas and potentially a more attractive destination for players. 

We're also in danger of losing Bannan and Iorfa this season, two of our most important players. And what could help persuade them to stick around.. Pulis? or Eriksson?

Give him a year and a half and see where we are. There's no way we'll be worse off.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Emerson Thome said:

Gothenburg = 51%

Benfica = 77%

Roma = 46%

Fiorentina = 33%

Benfica = 65%

Sampdoria = 42%

Lazio = 57%

England = 60%

Man City = 42%

Mexico = 46%

Ivory Coast = 40%

Leicester City = 45%

Guangzhou R&F = 52%

Shanghai SIPG = 55%

Shenzhen = 40%

Philippines = 20%

Didn't he manage Notts County briefly too?

I don't know if everyone has forgot what it were like watching Svens England team. 

With some of the best players of a generation defending a 0-0 from the off.

Nerve shreddin tension. You never shyt yersen as much than if we scored first.

He'd got a bigger shoe horn than Carlos tryna cram folks into his team. 

Just a bloke. Being dragged along in a world that moves too quick for it's own good.