Pulis in before the weekend

Think this is a good appointment if it happens. No nonsense manager, they’ll come out fighting or he’ll kick em round the dressing room. 

Until end of season means we won’t go down and let’s see what happens after that.

Never dull watching the Wednesday......

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Well it's a damn sight better than Campbell or Neville.

I would have been far more in favour of Pulis a few years ago but he started to look a little bit like yesterday's man during his stint at Boro. Hopefully he comes in with a point to prove and improves us - the football probably won't be pretty, but frankly it hasn't been for most of our recent history.

• Like 1

It doesn’t matter which manager we have, it’s clear we as a fan base all have their own opinions on who is right. 

Can I say I’m thrilled? No

Will we play attractive football? No 

Will it annoy me watching him on the sidelines and in interviews wearing that cap? Yes! 

However we will stop up, he has a good record in this division and he will get better results than Monk (we actually might see us win at home). I also think he’ll get the most out of our current crop of average players. 

Secure status in the Championship and then take it from there. Hopefully DC will look at a yearly rolling contract too for this to happen. 

3 minutes ago, Ray Von shabba said:

Not a Pulis fan then.......

I mean, you're a football fan right? Have you ever heard anyone say they enjoy watching Pulis teams? You'll get the pundits saying how respected he is, how well he organised his teams are, they never give up, etc, etc. Not one person would say they want to watch his anti-football though. It's dross.

However, he'll likely keep us up. Let's just hope we have a succession plan in place though. Chansiri isn't going to sell any season tickets on the back of his football.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, SiJ said:

He will keep us up which is the aim this season.

The fact there's talk of him potentially only signing on into the summer is rather telling imo.

Keep us up for a nice lump sum and then clear off thereafter? Easy money, right?

He’ll probably guide us to mid table and get a better offer in summer and then half the people on here saying they hate the idea of having him here will criticise him for not being loyal. 

3 minutes ago, Owlsontheup said:

Think this is a good appointment if it happens. No nonsense manager, they’ll come out fighting or he’ll kick em round the dressing room. 

Until end of season means we won’t go down and let’s see what happens after that.

Never dull watching the Wednesday......

Oh disagree trust me watching Wednesday is about to become VERY dull

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Adem Poric said:

I mean, you're a football fan right? Have you ever heard anyone say they enjoy watching Pulis teams? You'll get the pundits saying how respected he is, how well he organised his teams are, they never give up, etc, etc. Not one person would say they want to watch his anti-football though. It's dross.

However, he'll likely keep us up. Let's just hope we have a succession plan in place though. Chansiri isn't going to sell any season tickets on the back of his football.

This season really isn’t about attractive football for us. It’s about confirming our status as a Championship club, these people moaning about Pulis’ style can’t seem to grasp this 

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, royalowlisback said:

1st season under Carlos.

And he inherited a squad of well drilled, organised, fit players.

A team that no one wanted to play against because they knew they were in for an easy time of it at Hillsboro.

When he left the squad was a mess, players turning up for training when they wanted too, that is the one's who were fit? enough to bother, over the hill and easy to beat.