Pulis in before the weekend

+ All of the evidence says that Pulis > Monk therefore if he appointed  Wednesday should be a stronger club on Friday than they were on Monday.

- Dull football and the baseball cap.

The duration of the contract is unimportant - as with any manager how long he stays will be determined by the results and performances not the length of contract. 

This is not the appointment to take the club forward. Pulis is just after one big last pay day and of course clueless Chansiri falls for it. An awful decision. Why oh why couldn’t we get someone like Cook or Lowe in, someone to build for the future and stay here long term. 

Edited by WalthamOwl
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, ruscol85 said:

What do people want really?

we were going nowhere but down with Monk

its a short term deal until the season ends with a much greater chance of staying up

Re-assess then, simples

Exactly. 

I'm happy its only apparently until the end of the season, it'll do me.

Then we look to get Lowe in or similar.

Not inspiring but safe.

I think he could improve some aspects of some of our players - work ethic and mental discipline.

tbh we are going to be more attractive to managers who are past their peak or in a dip than up and comers who will probably take a hit by getting sacked from this very difficult job, ad the top managers at this level (eg Hughton) don't seem to want in at the moment.

I'm kind of it is what it is about it.

7 minutes ago, Mystic Neg said:

I'm wondering how wise it is employing the man did this to our Club Captain while he was at Palace;

Barry Bannan "He grabbed me in, halfway through the season and was like if I was managing a team that was going to play football then you'd be the first one in my team. But he said we were fighting for our lives"

True.  But for full context, have to remember that was in the Premier League.  And in the same interview, I believe Bannan actually praises Pulis' man-management i.e. telling him straight so he could go out play elsewhere, rather than just bombing him and letting him rot in the reserves.

I'd be shocked if Bannan is not the first name on the teamsheet, still.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, full fathom five said:

We really are the most regressive, backward thinking, no strategy, no plan, no clue mother f#cking club in the country.

Think this season was always about keeping in the league. At least it looks like a one season deal so can get the job done and get riding need be.

Just now, Mystic Neg said:

The manager merry go round continues, jobs for the boys.

Oh for a progressive appointment

Modern fans are partly to blame for this mate. We don't give managers time. So the merry go round continues. Managers with good track records are generally the ones who are not available. We can't invent new ones.