Unbalanced squad and no opportunity to change it until the next transfer window - whoever comes in has to handle that mess

Wildsmith

Iorfa  Lees/Flint  Borner  

Odubajo          Bannan              Reach 

Luongo            Brown   

Windass Marriott

352 works well, as long as the team plays higher with a lot more intensity. We should utilise Odubajo and Iorfa much more, their pace and strength would be key to opening teams up with Bannan's vision for a worldie pass, we can switch play too. I don't think we're that unbalanced, we just lack depth. 

49 minutes ago, Lionel Fessi said:

Disagree. 

As much as I think we should bring in other types of players the only position we are desperately weak on is LB, injuries providing the squad isn't bad. 

We could still switch into any of 442, 433, 4231 etc and be a good team, we have the players to make anything work, (obviously we would like to upgrade some but that won't happen until Jan) - It's entirely dependant on what manager we bring in and how they want to play. For example a Pulis type may favour Paterson as a target man with Rhodes supporting and defensive back 5 with 2 holding midfielders. 

Imagine we bring in Eddie Howe and he gets us playing an attacking 442

Wildsmith

Odubajo Irofa Lees Palmer

Windass Bannan Luongo Reach

Rhodes Kachunga 

I agree about left back but disagree that Paterson is a Target Man.  Also, any formation with a back four means we are putting square pegs in round holes  - your formation has Palmer at left back (square peg), Odebajo at right back (he is arguably not a right back but a right wing back, therefore potential square peg) and Windass at right midfield (he is definitely not a right midfielder, therefore, square peg) .  

I get your point but it proves my point about square pegs in round holes.  

Edited by shandypants