Tony Pulis’ Record

2 minutes ago, Asio otus said:

This is what happens every appointment , family rows, get your elbows of the table  etc

My fault entirely. There's a broader point to be made about Chansiri being able to do no wrong in some parts   -and support for Pulis will be part of that - but it was obscured by clever clever snarkiness for which I apologise. 

37 minutes ago, happy bunny said:

I'd take Pulis, he's what we need right now

I'm genuinely interested to know why.

We don't need a temporary stop gap manager which is what he would be.

We actually need a manager that can build something and take us forward long term.

Everyone knows what Pulis brings, theres enough quality in this team to stay up.

Can Wednesday for once have a bit of vision and forward thinking.

I would back Pulis if he came obviously but imo awful appointment.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

Please be consistent on this and come back on here again and tell us the same after 12 months of Pulisball..... Unless you’ve lost the ability to type due to the mind-numbing tedium ... then you are excused.  

mind numbing tedium is fine by me as long as he gets results ......stoke fans seemed happy with it averaged 14k when he arrived 26k when he  left while safely  tucked in mid table in the prem .......

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bluewings said:

So wait, Wednesday sack Monk cos his team was playing drab football and has a career win ratio of 37.4%

and we are close to appointing Pulis who's plays drab football and has a career win ratio of 36.29%

Comedy gold.

He was sacked for his record with us, not his career.

Monk Championship win ratio 37.4%

Monk win ratio Owls 29%

Pulis Championship win ratio 41%

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Chansiri got upset about NEGATIVITY on social media ! This is like mr Bean is running the club. Err everyone stop having a go at me and bring disrespectful! I know I'll annoy them ALL by giving them a huge thing to get really angry about! That will quiet things down....

Well if that crap about it scuppering a sponsorship was actually right! Well strap in because we going to have a poo storm coming !!!! 

That's the way to do it!

When Bruce took over, my memories - and please correct me if I remember wrongly - was this...

We went completely safety first at the back.

We had a giant side. I recall looking at us at set-pieces, with Fox, Fletch, right-back Iorfa, Borner, Lees , Reach and sometimes Nuhiu, and thinking wow! That’s some threat.

I thought we had a plan and discipline.

I don’t remember it being drab. I quite enjoyed it. Are we expecting a very different style from Pulis?

Just now, Holmowl said:

When Bruce took over, my memories - and please correct me if I remember wrongly - was this...

We had a giant side. I recall looking at us at set-pieces, with Fox, Fletch, right-back Iorfa, Borner, Lees , Reach and sometimes Nuhiu, and thinking wow! That’s some threat.

I don’t remember it being drab. I quite enjoyed it. Are we expecting a very different style from Pulis?

Yes

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

I'll take that - deffo

Three teams won’t be going up automatically from league 1 next season and we don’t have the players to play that way - Pulis is the right man at this moment- I don’t want to watch his style but we need to start winning lots of games and quickly. I didn’t particularly like Carlos second season as it was boring but at least we were winning 

Just now, Holmowl said:

I'm expecting someone else.

4 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Anyone would think we’ve been a free-scoring Liverpool or City this last few years. Take a look. Pulis’s Championship record suggests we’ll see a goal or two less over the season, but ship far fewer at the other end.

Pulis Average GF56 GA45

Owls 19/20 GF58 GA66

Owls 18/19 GF60 GA62

Owls 17/18 GF58 GA60

Owls 16/17 GF60 GA45

Owls 15/16 GF66 GA45

Lets also not forget, we’ve a mighty SIX goals in 11 this season, including two pens. 

We are not Barca and Pulis won’t turn us into 1980s Wimbledon. We’ll be well organised, hard, maybe slightly cynical, and we’ll get the ball into the box earlier. I’m very happy with all of that.

I agree with what you are saying, regarding Pulis and his ability to play solid uninteresting football, but how can it be an improvement on what we had under Monk? We only started shipping goals when we lost several midfielders and six central defenders, including stand in central defenders. Take those away from Pulis and he would struggle not to ship goals too. We had some real comedy moments when those goals were going in and a good few were from top finishes, or more tha a bit fluky.

If we are getting a new manager we need an improvement on the last one, or what's the point?

I am no longer a Pulis fan. His skills as a manager are diminishing rapidly and his style is not so effective. We have few gifted players and no real strikers other than Rhodes.  

Unfortunately, for that very reason, we need to be solid all throughout the team. So Pulis can deliver a solid team, with little chance of scoring many goals, but not letting too many in. I think you could be right. Not a long term investment, a footballing investment, or an entertaining investment, but hopefully a safe bet safety wise. Not my choice, but there are in my opinion lots of worse choices.

• Like 1