Tony Pulis’ Record

7 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

The only Tony Pulis record I'm genuinely interested in is his copy of War Of The Worlds soundtrack that he could sit and listen to with his headphones on instead of taking the job at S6

Who do you want. Normally you seem impartial buy you scoff at Pearson and you don't want Pulis? 

Maybe you fancy another unknown like Jos? 

27 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Anyone would think we’ve been a free-scoring Liverpool or City this last few years. Take a look. Pulis’s Championship record suggests we’ll see a goal or two less over the season, but ship far fewer at the other end.

Pulis Average GF56 GA45

Owls 19/20 GF58 GA66

Owls 18/19 GF60 GA62

Owls 17/18 GF58 GA60

Owls 16/17 GF60 GA45

Owls 15/16 GF66 GA45

Lets also not forget, we’ve a mighty SIX goals in 11 this season, including two pens. 

We are not Barca and Pulis won’t turn us into 1980s Wimbledon. We’ll be well organised, hard, maybe slightly cynical, and we’ll get the ball into the box earlier. I’m very happy with all of that.

No one thinks we’re free scoring. THATS THE POINT !!!!!  I’m sick of watching Wednesday play with no ambition. Setting up not to lose rather than to win. Picking our team to combat the other teams strengths rather than focus on exploiting their weaknesses. Sick of watching us trying in vain to hold what have for 70 mins if we somehow manage to score first. I’m sick of watching Wednesday on TV and wondering if there’s anything better on the other channel and having to check on Google that we haven’t changed our name to Sheffield Wednesday Nil by deed pole. 

And now, to cap it all, we seem certain to appoint the only manager likely to serve up less goals (by your own stats) and less entertainment.

Glad your happy. Enjoy. I’ll be watching War of the Monster Trucks

#SameOldSameOld

18 minutes ago, Lump On said:

Looks like megson is coming back has pulis No2

Surely no one can be unhappy about this. Gary is Wednesday through and through and Pulis is no mug. 

You think Megson would take No.2 at hillsborough, the club he loves and previously managed? 

3 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

It was a merry little quip.  If I'd been more "disrespectful" and said whatever Chansiri decides you would support it would I be far off the mark?

No, it was you to a tee. But hey ho, the magnificent joyride of being a lifelong fan brings even the worst out of the best of people.

I'm sure you would agree being such a fan.

I'd like to hear your views on Pulis though

Just now, happy bunny said:

No, it was you to a tee. But hey ho, the magnificent joyride of being a lifelong fan brings even the worst out of the best of people.

Chill out you guys

Or get a room

Either way - debate the topic and not each other x

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, happy bunny said:

Dull as dull can be. After almost 50 years of watching Wednesday I want a bit of excitement not a man who thinks scoring goals is an optional extra. We'll probably stay up. We'd probably have stayed up anyway under any manager. Of course hindsight is the only way to judge a managerial appointment but for the moment it's the only bright side to Covid  - I won't be forced to go and watch them. 

7 hours ago, Deanamo Wednesday said:

Apologies no time to read through all the posts in this thread, so it may already have been mentioned

What say Pulis manages this season then agrees to take on The Director of Football type role I believe we desperately need from next year? He has many years experience and is an out and out football man.

Then over the season we can go and find that new Manager / Head Coach and we have some succession planning to push on next year.

Usually one of the roles of a Director of Football is to formulate the football culture of a club, the formation and tactics for all the age groups and the first team to adhere to. General concept is that as & when a new head coach is appointed he is selected to suit the culture. Plus gives more of a pathway from the academy to the first team.
So you are advocating hoof ball at every age group, 6-3-1 formations and going back to the bad old days of selecting only the biggest and strongest kids

i despair  

• Like 2