Tony Pulis’ Record

2 minutes ago, George said:

Pompey? Gillingham? Bristol City? Plymouth?

He was good at Stoke and good with Palace. Decent with Gillingham.

poo with City, poo with Pompey, loathed at WBA.

Boro fans hate all their managers and have delusions that they should be higher than they are so we can ignore that bit.

Sounds pretty similar to here to be fair.

9 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

His record isnt the problem. He USED and i say used to get results. However in his latest stint in this league he looked like he'd got found out and didnt have a plan B.

But his style is horrible. Football is second to head kick and run. Weve had enough of that.

This ^ just said in the other thread that the thought of having 7 defenders in the team and only scoring from set pieces is depressing after the year we’ve just had.

I’d rather enjoy watching Wednesday games again 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Owls-Fan said:

This ^ just said in the other thread that the thought of having 7 defenders in the team and only scoring from set pieces is depressing after the year we’ve just had.

I’d rather enjoy watching Wednesday games again 

Short term fix.

Stepping stone.

Yep. Bring it on. 

12 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Is he's good why does he keep getting sacked?

Chairmen/Fans get above them selves, Take Stoke as an example, took them into the the Prem, playing some exciting football the fans were ecstatic, for 3 seasons,

then the Chairman/ Fans wanted "entertaining" football a name  manager was brought in  and the rest is history leading to a steady downfall.

I may be wrong here, but aren't they in their last season of Parachute payments?.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Short term fix.

Stepping stone.

Yep. Bring it on. 

You stick to wanting your short term crappy football fix.

I’d much rather us go for an ambitious manager who likes to play football and has a clear plan in place for the future.

Pulis is a man renowned for dire football and his teams don’t score goals. With no fans in grounds at the minute, do you really think us managed by Pulis will get people off the sofa and into the ground? No chance. 

Just now, adelphi1867 said:

Chairmen/Fans get above them selves, Take Stoke as an example, took them into the the Prem, playing some exciting football the fans were ecstatic, for 3 seasons,

then the Chairman/ Fans wanted "entertaining" football a name  manager was brought in  and the rest is history leading to a steady downfall.  

Again - it's not sacking Pulis that was wrong

It's not appointing the right manager after him

Just because you got rid of chlamidia doesn't mean you should immediately go out and nob a hooker

• Haha 2

Owlstalk Shop

13 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

back in the day id agree with you.

Now i really want someone who plays attacking possession based football 

we dont have the squad to play that style of football and it would need multiple transfer windows to get to that stage

its all about the here and now, we need to do everything that is possible to remain in this division. 

if it means employing someone like Pulis for dour 1-0 wins then we are going to have to suck it up

This is what happens when the chairman dithers and does't act in the summer and lets the incumbent manager bring in a whole load of inadequate players

• Like 3
  • Love 1

11 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Pulis of 10 years ago would have been ok but we would have to accept functional football (to put it politely).
But Pulis feel like he had had his time and will be coming to Wednesday for one last pay day.
He would very much be a short term fix.

2012 FA Cup final

2013 Prem Manager of Season

2017 Shortlisted Prem Manager of Season

Kept Stoke, West Brom and Palace in Prem. The season after he left each were relegated.

Its not Swan Lake, but it works. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

1.6 ppg at Boro is very good.

Easy to forget he got them 5th in 17/18. Then Gibson sells their 3 best players from that season in Ben Gibson, Patrick Bamford and Adama Traore. Only Gibson is replaced, with Aden Flint incidentally. 

The following he does quite well finishing 7th considering. 

• Love 1

15 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I'd hate a Pulis team playing at Hillsborough

If we win the I would like the results.

If I want to be guranteed entertainment then I would go to the cinema.

I have had enough of "Pretty, tippy, tappy, possession "football and winning ZILCH.

I want exciting, edge of the seat football, I want to be screaming my head off with excitiement, not sat back watching the ball be played around the penalty area for 5 min's without a shot, or played at the back or pointless midfield possession. I am not bothered who we get, just some exciting football.

• Love 1

3 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

2012 FA Cup final

2013 Prem Manager of Season

2017 Shortlisted Prem Manager of Season

Kept Stoke, West Brom and Palace in Prem. The season after he left each were relegated.

Its not Swan Lake, but it works. 

Like I said I would have took Tony Pulis of 10 years ago but think he is past it now.

Just now, adelphi1867 said:

I have had enough of "Pretty, tippy, tappy, possession "football and winning ZILCH. 

Yeah - we've properly been overdosed on that in the last year haven't we?

I'm sick of it

Sick of seeing it week in week out 

All that entertaining football nonsense

Sick of us being so entertained like that

Thank god Monk's gone and there's finally an end to being entertained

Owlstalk Shop

6 minutes ago, yeadonowl said:

we dont have the squad to play that style of football and it would need multiple transfer windows to get to that stage

its all about the here and now, we need to do everything that is possible to remain in this division. 

if it means employing someone like Pulis for dour 1-0 wins then we are going to have to suck it up

This is what happens when the chairman dithers and does't act in the summer and lets the incumbent manager bring in a whole load of inadequate players

Whilst i agree - shouldnt we employ someone with a long term vision rather than a short term appointment ? Surely someone could get these players playing well enough to stay up ? 

• Like 1