ABP- Anyone But Pulis.

I don't believe survival means attritional football.

I've a boro supporting mate, who is a die hard season ticket holder. He stopped going when Pulis was in charge as he said it was too much, that his team took all the joy out of watching football. He said it even made the pre match pints dull as you knew you were in for a shitty dire afternoon

13 minutes ago, Gob_Bluth said:

I've a boro supporting mate, who is a die hard season ticket holder. He stopped going when Pulis was in charge as he said it was too much, that his team took all the joy out of watching football. He said it even made the pre match pints dull as you knew you were in for a shitty dire afternoon

..and for me setting your squad up for staving off relegation means you can end up doing that year on year.. making it harder to recruit better players.. sooner or later you are gonna have to take some risks with flair and positivity to progress..

This is what I think would happen if we appointed Pulis.

This season he'd guide us out of this mess up to about 16th. It won't be pretty but results will improve, vast majority of fans will be happy.

Next season we'll stay mid table all season without having to look over our shoulders but not really threatening a play off run. But the football will be boring to watch and by the end of the season half the fans will want a change of manager to bring in a better style of football!

4 hours ago, Gob_Bluth said:

Just out of interest do you know when he stopped going?

I get the impression that for the most part, fans put up with winning at all costs. Boro went on a 6 game losing streak under Pulis, was it around that time he stopped going?

19 minutes ago, Carbone said:

Just out of interest do you know when he stopped going?

I get the impression that for the most part, fans put up with winning at all costs. Boro went on a 6 game losing streak under Pulis, was it around that time he stopped going?

It was around January/February 2019. He sent me a long massive rant via Whatsapp about Pulis which I how I know the date

They were in/quite close to the playoffs when he said fizz it and they ended up finishing 7th that season - he didn't go again until Woodgate and he didn't miss a game under Woodgate despite how crap they were

18 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

The man should be in a museum, along with his sidekick Megson. We have just suffered a year of Horrendous  Monkball, we have suffered enough. 

One of the guys I work with is a massive Stoke fan, he will not hear a bad word against Pulis, he says any dead ball, free kick throw in over the half way line is, in Pulis's mind a goal scoring opportunity. he has that kind of mindset, not saying its right or wrong , just an observation from someone who watched his teams week in week out

Look at the players we have available.

Look at the position we are in

Having Pulis for the rest of the season makes perfect sense. We need points and pride now not pretty football and opta stats

Klopp himself couldnt get this bunch playing pretty football so getting anyone in to try and do that this season would be a disaster

This makes perfect sense and if people stop the football snobbery then maybe we can all accept that

I dont think we will go down now and thats all i care about this season

• Like 1