ABP- Anyone But Pulis.

Just now, gurujuan said:

Making you right about those attacking options, they are not good. That’s why we can’t bring in another archaic manager, who will only add more of that dross. Any half decent manager, could with 2 or 3 strategic signings, have this squad in mid table We don’t yet need to resort to such extreme measures, in my opinion

Im not so sure. I’ve been a huge critic of our recruitment and I’ve been calling us to be in a relegation battle since August. In fact I had us to go down with the 12 point deduction. We may have a chance now with the 6 point reduction. 

We don’t have a number 1 GK, our strike options are horrendous, there is no cover in central midfield and we’ve bought to play a certain system and we are now lacking in certain areas of the pitch, left back for example. 

We’ve scored in 2 games out of 11 this season excluding penalties and own goals. Acknowledge that this is now a poor group, we are where we are and we just need to stay up no matter what. Some reality is needed. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, BRADDO said:

Carlos is coming home mate. No need to worry. 

please no under no circumstances that man who has left the club in a crippled mess. handing him an open cheque book has led to all our problems, its like giving an 18year old £100000 on there credit card loads of fun while it happens then years of pain and no way of paying it back.  give me 100million in player contracts and fees im sure i cud put a very decent team together, the man was a fraud ,18 clubs later whats he won? 

2 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Im not so sure. I’ve been a huge critic of our recruitment and I’ve been calling us to be in a relegation battle since August. In fact I had us to go down with the 12 point deduction. We may have a chance now with the 6 point reduction. 

We don’t have a number 1 GK, our strike options are horrendous, there is no cover in central midfield and we’ve bought to play a certain system and we are now lacking in certain areas of the pitch, left back for example. 

We’ve scored in 2 games out of 11 this season excluding penalties and own goals. Acknowledge that this is now a poor group, we are where we are and we just need to stay up no matter what. Some reality is needed. 

totally agree ,spot on. whoever gets the job has a massive challenge on. id just try to squeeze as many points as possible by xmas and hopefully change in in new year ,by then hopefully not too many points off 4th bottom

1 minute ago, Bouncing Owl said:

You’ve pretty much identified the positions any manager will need to address. Bring in a mobile centre forward, add a left back, re-instate Westwood, or bring in similar, and switch to a flat back four Job done.

12 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

You’ve pretty much identified the positions any manager will need to address. Bring in a mobile centre forward, add a left back, re-instate Westwood, or bring in similar, and switch to a flat back four Job done.

i get that but are you confident that this would be addressed in January with what’s happened before ? You are asking a new manager to come in and play our current formation with this group until January and then recruit to switch to a new formation in the new year after recruitment.

It really looks a fire fighting job to me right now. It really does.

Given Monk had got 4 points from 6 and that we got a 6 point reduction and he’s brought in his back room staff and his own players, I would have given him the season unless results started to get worse again. I would have been looking for a long term plan next season with a new management team and style of football. 

We are now in no mans land if you ask me. 

1 minute ago, Bouncing Owl said:

i get that but are you confident that this would be addressed in January with what’s happened before ? You are asking a new manager to come in and play our current formation with this group until January and then recruit to switch to a new formation in the new year after recruitment.

It really looks a fire fighting job to me right now. It really does.

Given Monk had got 4 points from 6 and that we got a 6 point reduction and he’s brought in his back room staff and his own players, I would have given him the season unless results started to get worse again. I would have been looking for a long term plan next season with a new management team and style of football. 

We are now in no mans land if you ask me. 

I’m not confident that those issues will be addressed in January, just as I’m not confident that we will make the right managerial appointment. Since we have switched to this attritional way of playing, our form has collapsed dramatically, not just at first team level, but right throughout the club Players don’t enjoy playing this way, and they won’t develop as footballers. With the right additions, and we’re only talking two or three, you’d be surprised what we could achieve, if allowed to express themselves and play football.

3 minutes ago, stocksyuto said:

I think monk ball is the worst I've ever seen . At least if its pulis we might string a few decent results together but it just seems we are going to be linked with him every time we sack the manager lol

Monk ball was indeed ghastly, but it would be worse under Pulis. He’s a better organiser than Monk, but the football would be equally dire With better organisation, he might pull off the odd result, but it’s not sustainable It’s not 2008, we will not get anywhere with that type of football Appointing Pulis would be a moment on par with signing Jordan Rhodes

I certainly wouldn’t pay top dollar season ticket prices to watch us under Pulis, would rather watch my local non league side.

Also, if Pulis is appointed, Bannan will be gone in January guaranteed. 

Edited by Guest

16 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Monk ball was indeed ghastly, but it would be worse under Pulis. He’s a better organiser than Monk, but the football would be equally dire With better organisation, he might pull off the odd result, but it’s not sustainable It’s not 2008, we will not get anywhere with that type of football Appointing Pulis would be a moment on par with signing Jordan Rhodes

I agree we need a manager to look to the future not this short term manager because that's all he is he will inevitably be sacked in a year or so .

DC needs to go back to his very first interview he made when he bought us talking about wanting good attacking football hes caved in it seems 

Edited by stocksyuto

I’d love us to get Pulis for a few seasons.

Settle us into the Championship. Get a balanced squad. Take us up.

When Pulis brings a team to Hillsborough I always hate it and fear the worst. I’d like our opponents to think the same in reverse.

Not pretty, but when were we pretty?

The football will be dire under Pulis and his era of management style is over so he won't ever get us challenging for promotion.

Would have no enthusiasm to watch us if he's manager, the results may improve marginally but the football will be worse than under Monk.

We need an exciting manager that plays good attacking football if we are ever to get anywhere, not one of football's has been journeymen, and I include Megson and Pearson in that bracket.

...the two main issues for me are  should we forsake entertainment and go for a 'survival' manager, and can any manager we get make our current squad tick.

personally i dont necessarily believe surviving has to be unwatchable..i think the challenge of bringing the best out of these players is the more difficult task..