Being interviewed again Wednesday or Thursday.

Guest buster123

2 minutes ago, Ever the pessimist said:

Exactly this. I don’t like the word philosophy’ when discussing football but having an identity or ideology (don’t especially like those words either!) is important. Look at Southampton for example - they know exactly the type of manager they want when the current incumbent leaves, and they target players well in advance that fit their way of playing.

And we fit a similar profile, not one of the richer clubs in the division, certainly compared to those with parachute payments, so we have to find a sustainable way of doing things. Developing players, and selling when we need to, but all the while, looking to improve year on year. How many top flight clubs are going to be coveting a player produced by Tony Pulis?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BRADDO said:

My view. 

This season is all about staying in this league. Would a Pulis appointment excite me? No. 

Would he keep us up? Most likely.  

I’m not being funny but a blind pig should be able to keep us up from this point 

there’s a transfer window no doubt to loan another one or two 

players returning from injury or suspension 

2 weeks until next game 

just got 10 points from last 6 

manager sacked 

and there is some dross in this league this year 

if our ambition for this season at this stage is to appoint somebody to just keep us up we might as well quit as a club 

the managers brief should be simple 

have a go for play offs no pressure but next season that’s the minimum 

if we push towards them well done if we get them fantastic if we fail you’ve had 6 months with your team to decide how to rebuild 

relegation shouldn’t be talked about 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, fpowl said:

I’m not being funny but a blind pig should be able to keep us up from this point 

there’s a transfer window no doubt to loan another one or two 

players returning from injury or suspension 

2 weeks until next game 

just got 10 points from last 6 

manager sacked 

and there is some dross in this league this year 

if our ambition for this season at this stage is to appoint somebody to just keep us up we might as well quit as a club 

the managers brief should be simple 

have a go for play offs no pressure but next season that’s the minimum 

if we push towards them well done if we get them fantastic if we fail you’ve had 6 months with your team to decide how to rebuild 

relegation shouldn’t be talked about 

I think it's clear we have a very poor, fragile squad. Without the points deduction we wouldn't be much higher in the table.  It's survival first for me this season. 

• Like 1

Having given this some thought I am coming round to the idea of Pulis,  We are in the Championship and buying from the bargain basement.  He will play football that moves us up the table and winning games will please fans, no matter what they say now.

In 18 months time after he has failed to get us promoted he will be fired and we will be a much better attraction to managers at that point.

Patience is the watchword 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BRADDO said:

I think it's clear we have a very poor, fragile squad. Without the points deduction we wouldn't be much higher in the table.  It's survival first for me this season. 

1 minute ago, Minesapint said:

Having given this some thought I am coming round to the idea of Pulis,  We are in the Championship and buying from the bargain basement.  He will play football that moves us up the table and winning games will please fans, no matter what they say now.

In 18 months time after he has failed to get us promoted he will be fired and we will be a much better attraction to managers at that point.

Patience is the watchword 

And what would any new manager do with the bag of crap he’d accumulated? Why not save ourselves 18 months, and sign a decent manager now

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, morganowl said:

wow that baseball cap is gonna be in club shop gonna sell millions , ffp will be a thing of the past . from . u can even wear it chav style back to front.

I've been everywhere trying to buy one of those back to front baseball caps. Can't get one, the shops only seem to sell the normal ones.