Being interviewed again Wednesday or Thursday.

Guest buster123

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Chairman says promotion 

Well er yes Seriously though, with our points reprieve, we cannot just think about escaping the drop. I’d like to see a new manager start to introduce a footballing philosophy, through all the clubs teams. A way of playing that, if we ever needed to appoint a new coach, it could be a seamless transition. If we appoint Pulis and his dinosaur brand of football, we’ll be the footballing pariahs of the top two divisions

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Am sure he could build a really strong, physical, powerful no nonsense team with Van Aken, Reach, Kachung and Marriot

Van Aken as Norman Hunter role and Reach as Chopper Harris. Studs to the left studs to the right , stuck in the middle with Barry the Governor Bannan....Pulis must be drooling.....

7 minutes ago, PortlandOwl said:

Can you imagine paying £40 to watch a side managed by Pulis?

Sadly, in many ways, they’d only have themselves to blame. Wouldn’t catch me paying that to watch Pulis’s brand of football Be quite happy to sit it out until he’d gone, which probably wouldn’t be too long. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Well er yes Seriously though, with our points reprieve, we cannot just think about escaping the drop. I’d like to see a new manager start to introduce a footballing philosophy, through all the clubs teams. A way of playing that, if we ever needed to appoint a new coach, it could be a seamless transition. If we appoint Pulis and his dinosaur brand of football, we’ll be the footballing pariahs of the top two divisions

Exactly this. I don’t like the word philosophy’ when discussing football but having an identity or ideology (don’t especially like those words either!) is important. Look at Southampton for example - they know exactly the type of manager they want when the current incumbent leaves, and they target players well in advance that fit their way of playing.

19 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Yep. 

This points to the fact we have zero structure, zero idea of how to be successful going forward. 

Someone like Pulis will come in, probably do ok and then clear off after a few years and we will be back to square one.