Eddie Howe

1 minute ago, mcmigo said:

Need to avoid relegation this season . In that context, why would my shortlist have the managers relegated last season on it ? Pearson , Howe, cook - all relegated. 

Who are you putting forward? 

16 minutes ago, TaxiMark said:

Hughton thought that didn't he? Bet he thought Palace or  WBA were gunna call him till he was beginning to get forgot about so made a few visits to Sky sports to jump at the Forest job.

Personally think there's a bit of a difference between Hughton, who's never really had a sustained successful run in the PL, and Howe who kept Bournemouth there for half a decade while invariably beating two or three of the big boys every season.

Just now, mcmigo said:

Duncan Ferguson. 

Yeah sorry, seen you'd mentioned that.

Lets go for someone with no track record instead eh. 

You are more of a wind up than Owlstalk himself & Farrell at times. Cook clearly has mitigating circumstances for the relegation last season and got a good points return 2 seasons in a row at this level considering the squad he was working with. 

1 minute ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Fair points

Haha, he spent 20m on Solanke and 15m on Jordan Ibe. I struggle to get past it lol

Peanuts in the PL what about Ake? Bought for 20m sold for 45m? 

What about Pigs keeper Ramsdale how much did Eddie buy and sell him again ? 

Bought for 800k 

Sold for 20 Million 

Go on...

Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

Yeah sorry, seen you'd mentioned that.

Lets go for someone with no track record instead eh. 

You are more of a wind up than Owlstalk himself & Farrell at times. Cook clearly has mitigating circumstances for the relegation last season and got a good points return 2 seasons in a row at this level considering the squad he was working with. 

Why ?

the managers of all 3 promoted teams, and the beaten play off finalists last season, were all in their first job in the championship.

15 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

He got a good team relegated. I don't rate him

And just how long do you think a team with no history, a ground that holds 11,500 , thats never won anything , never been in the top flight, been in admin 4 times, can survive in the shark pond of the premier league , even with a Russain billionaire backing him.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

A lot of people (me included) think we’re not an attractive  proposition for the best managers. 

Would love to be proved wrong.

I agree, but thats now down to Chansiri to prove if he has learned from his mistakes, go after a decent option and sell him the club and a vision and let him have the tools to do the job.

11 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

Why ?

the managers of all 3 promoted teams, and the beaten play off finalists last season, were all in their first job in the championship.

I suspect you know this already but I'll keep you amused by responding anyway.

Parker did so on the back of relegation with probably the biggest budget in the league. Bielsa and Bilic have plenty of management experience.