Eddie Howe

1 minute ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

I don't rate him personally but I would've thought even if we could afford him he would see himself as too high profile for us-and maybe he is, I could see a top half premier league side going for him or even England

AFC Bournemouth from League 2 to PL and keeping them there for 5 years is a pretty decent shout innit? 

Maybe we should just aim for Ryan Lowe then bcz he's has a decent 12 months in L2

3 minutes ago, TaxiMark said:

AFC Bournemouth from League 2 to PL and keeping them there for 5 years is a pretty decent shout innit? 

Maybe we should just aim for Ryan Lowe then bcz he's has a decent 12 months in L2

Not saying its not a great achievement but it was done by overspending massively. Something he wouldn't have here.

2 minutes ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

Howe wouldn't come near us, this is a bloke who was being tipped for the England job not long ago. Got a funny feeling he'll have a break then take a job at some decent-sized top-tier club in Europe

Hughton thought that didn't he? Bet he thought Palace or  WBA were gunna call him till he was beginning to get forgot about so made a few visits to Sky sports to jump at the Forest job.

1 minute ago, TaxiMark said:

No I don't think so because he's been heavily backed by a rich owner. Stature of the club is irrelevant. Stocksbridge Park Steels would get in the PL if a Russian billionaire wanted to spend his money on doing that. 

I think Howe got a good Bournemouth team relegated.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, adelphi1867 said:

What has Howe done out side of Bournemouth?.

Also he had the backing of a Russian Billionaire.

Good point, its easy to get carried away and whoever comes in inherits a struggling side so will need experience in grinding out results with top man management skills.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ever the pessimist said:

Zero chance of it happening. Not even worth debating his merits or otherwise as it’s not going to happen.

Yes, because Owlstalk is the home of sensible, measured debate and nothing outside of the realms of plausibility is ever up for discussion! lol

4 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

No I don't think so because he's been heavily backed by a rich owner. Stature of the club is irrelevant. Stocksbridge Park Steels would get in the PL if a Russian billionaire wanted to spend his money on doing that. 

Plenty of decent managers have not been able to succeed on the back of a decent budget. They did spend money but others psnet more and didn't manage what they did and he played a good brand of football worth watching.

Having said that, for no real logical reason I get the feeling he was an ideal fit for Bournemouth and think he might struggle to have the same impact elsewhere. 

3 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Iirc the Russians came when they were in the championship? 

Money helps but doesn't guarantee anything for that you have to have a manager who knows what is needed and who to buy.

He took them and kept them up for 5 years - a club who had 9 - 10 k fans.

Wowza.   Eddie is de man!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Plenty of decent managers have not been able to succeed on the back of a decent budget. They did spend money but others psnet more and didn't manage what they did and he played a good brand of football worth watching.

Having said that, for no real logical reason I get the feeling he was an ideal fit for Bournemouth and think he might struggle to have the same impact elsewhere. 

Joking aside ....this ^^^

9 minutes ago, Big Jack said:

Best choice available.

This , picks young  English players , likes to attack not bore, he and his coaching staff work very hard, was tipped for Arsenal not long ago.  Never been at a Big club, sell it to him DC. 

remember watching his team warm up on a cold night at Hillsboro, attention to detail amazing. They handed us our arses back that night. 
makes a statement, has to be better than 95% of the crap that’s been named on here. DC spent  big once on Bruce , might not have ended happily but still got his money back and more, would never happen with Pulis. Etc

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Fair points

2 minutes ago, TaxiMark said:

Iirc the Russians came when they were in the championship? 

Money helps but doesn't guarantee anything for that you have to have a manager who knows what is needed and who to buy.

He took them and kept them up for 5 years - a club who had 9 - 10 k fans.

Wowza.   Eddie is de man!

Haha, he spent 20m on Solanke and 15m on Jordan Ibe. I struggle to get past it lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Fair points

Haha, he spent 20m on Solanke and 15m on Jordan Ibe. I struggle to get past it lol

Fair points on the recent money wasted, cheap in comparison to the likes of McBurnie & Brewster though!