Sol Campbell

49 minutes ago, ROKERITE said:

I followed Campbell's progress at Southend closely. His statistics look terrible but he actually did much better than could have been expected. How much of a basket case the club was and is is borne out by their record this season. He's been very unfortunate to have the financial rug pulled from under his feet at both clubs he's managed. I'd like to see him get a crack at a financially stable club.

A bit like Monk then 🙄

3 hours ago, s29wfc said:

God we've got some right bed wetters amongst our fanbase. Do people really think that DC will give the job to Sol Effing Campbell??

That'll be the Sol Effing Campbell that won 73 England caps, 2 Premier League titles, 3 FA Cups and 1 League Cup presumably. And the DC that gave the manager's job to Job Lukahay and Garry effing Monk?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, morganowl said:

sol campbell wont be the next manager , unfortunately tony pulis is probably right at the front of the que probably the only man who can play worse football than monk . chansiri does listen to twitter owlstalk social media so if he heard a big no for pulis he wont get the job , its widely reported he was interviewed for the job 15months ago. 

image.png.ac4b27abe6280505d504d4288a59e27f.png

2 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

That'll be the Sol Effing Campbell that won 73 England caps, 2 Premier League titles, 3 FA Cups and 1 League Cup presumably. And the DC that gave the manager's job to Job Lukahay and Garry effing Monk?

And what's your point exactly regarding the honours list you've just reeled off?? Can you tell me what he's achieved as a manager? Has he even managed above league 2 level ? I'd be surprised if DC has even heard of Sol Effing Campbell.

Just now, s29wfc said:

And what's your point exactly regarding the honours list you've just reeled off?? Can you tell me what he's achieved as a manager? Has he even managed above league 2 level ? I'd be surprised if DC has even heard of Sol Effing Campbell.

It's the disrespect.

Chansiri knows nothing about football so he may know nothing about Campbell.. He was a magnificent player - better than any centre back in our history for example. He hasn't achieved anything as a manager. Lots of good players never do. Having said that neither have loads of people who go on to become good managers. I'd write nobody off. If people like Campbell, Terry etc are interested in the job I'd take it as a compliment to Wednesday and speak to them. We know nothing about they'd operate as a manger at Hillsborough. If Chansiri doesn't think they 're up to it then all well and good. 

• Like 1