Sol Campbell

3 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Are you seriously comparing Southend and Macclesfield as equal opportunities to Rangers and Chelsea?

Southend he kept them up, after taking them over when they were bottom btw

Hardly an outright failure

It's Macclesfield that he kept up.

Southend finished last season 12 points from safety when lockdown came in and were relegated on the points per game rule

Why does sol Campbell have a job in football he’s bang average at punditry and I wouldn’t let him put cones out for the under 6s needless to say it’s a no from me and I’m assuming this is a sly trying push gullible bets by pulling his odds I’m and throwing a few tweets out 

seriously I no wonder how many £5.00 £10.00 they get by doing this 

I would generally cry if this was even brought up for consideration at a meeting 

it’s the classic cv we all laugh about abs delete off the computer without printing 

1 minute ago, davetherivelinowl said:

It's Macclesfield that he kept up.

Southend finished last season 12 points from safety when lockdown came in and were relegated on the points per game rule

I followed Campbell's progress at Southend closely. His statistics look terrible but he actually did much better than could have been expected. How much of a basket case the club was and is is borne out by their record this season. He's been very unfortunate to have the financial rug pulled from under his feet at both clubs he's managed. I'd like to see him get a crack at a financially stable club.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

sol campbell wont be the next manager , unfortunately tony pulis is probably right at the front of the que probably the only man who can play worse football than monk . chansiri does listen to twitter owlstalk social media so if he heard a big no for pulis he wont get the job , its widely reported he was interviewed for the job 15months ago. 

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

The new manager was decided two weeks ago

All we're doing now is waiting for the announcement

Don't be believing we're 'interviewing' this week and all that nonsense

This ^

Might be wrong but have a feeling it seems like it's between Paul Cook, Lee Johnson and Tony Pulis?

The timing of the sacking suggests someone's close to being lined up already or it's between a couple of candidates that were considered before the axe fell. 

Told you on the other thread last night....

"I reckon DC will go defensive and hire Sulzeer Jeremiah Campbell. 

Sol will sort out our defence so we'll never concede another goal. Southend will miss him but he realises he'll need a massive club if he wants to win the Premier League and have a shout at the Champions League."

You heard it here first! 

22 minutes ago, ROKERITE said:

I followed Campbell's progress at Southend closely. His statistics look terrible but he actually did much better than could have been expected. How much of a basket case the club was and is is borne out by their record this season. He's been very unfortunate to have the financial rug pulled from under his feet at both clubs he's managed. I'd like to see him get a crack at a financially stable club.

That rules us out then.