Sol Campbell

1 minute ago, WUGGAMONKEY1 said:

Putting his managerial record to one side, Sol Campbell strikes me as a very odd man. If he comes across to players the way he comes across to me via his media stints, I just can’t see him being a successful manager anywhere. 

Granted, others may view him differently to me, but comes across as an inarticulate buffoon who lacks any sort of self awareness. Like someone that would talk about themselves, in the third person, in front of a mirror.

cowl agrees

• Haha 2

Funnily enough I have crossed paths with Campbell a couple of times, both via his various girlfriends. In my view he simply does not have the mental toughness to be a successful football manager. He's brighter than the average footballer but there's more to it than that. I've nothing against him personally but he's no kind of CV to be managing Wednesday.

1 minute ago, McRightSide said:

Big name, needs a chance at a proper club.

For whatever reason he hasn’t been afforded some of the managerial opportunities of his peers.

Bleedin hell Macca, about as subtle as an air-raid that!

Just a bloke. Being dragged along in a world that moves too quick for it's own good.

Guest everydays_wednesday
47 minutes ago, Lincs Owl said:

Seriously?   They could put Donald Duck in charge, and I'd still be a Wednesdayite.   Managers come and go, but fans should be for life.

I thought a dog was for life?

1 hour ago, vulva said:

Sol Campbell has a similar if not better football CV than either Lampard or Gerrard so why not. 

Where does this notion come from?

Campbell: Two clubs: Win % 26.7 at Macclesfield and 17.4% at Southend. Left both clubs in the S**t

Lampard did Ok at Derby and is doing well at Chelsea, Gerrard has done Ok at Rangers

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

People making out Sol is some sort of fruitloop and a bad communicator.

The manager who won the league last season doesnt speak English and sits on a bucket during matches.

Big Sol would be a great appointment.

You are clearly on the wind up or not all there

This is a man whose failed in the lower leagues and never even managed at this level.

But you want him bringing on? 

3 minutes ago, davetherivelinowl said:

Where does this notion come from?

Campbell: Two clubs: Win % 26.7 at Macclesfield and 17.4% at Southend. Left both clubs in the S**t

Lampard did Ok at Derby and is doing well at Chelsea, Gerrard has done Ok at Rangers

Are you seriously comparing Southend and Macclesfield as equal opportunities to Rangers and Chelsea?

Southend he kept them up, after taking them over when they were bottom btw

Hardly an outright failure

• Like 2
  • Haha 1