Carlos...

4 minutes ago, toppOwl said:

Lets not forget he's the man responsible for giving the pigs the best away day they've had in football in over 40 years and that alone is unforgivable.

And Leeds, a week later, with one of their worst. 3-0 and could have been five. 

The Blades usually beat us at Hillsborough anyway.  When we finished 3rd in 1991-2 they won 3-1 at Hillsborough. 

Guest Jack the Hat
Just now, Lincs Owl said:

The Blades usually beat us at Hillsborough anyway.  When we finished 3rd in 1991-2 they won 3-1 at Hillsborough. 

Yeah they beat us by 2 goals twice that season and we were good. Not sure why people are so bothered by the 4-2 - 2 goals is the second least amount you can lose by.

1 minute ago, Lincs Owl said:

They have beat us at S6 (not usually though I'd disagree with that), it was the manner of the defeat that made it unpalatable.

2 minutes ago, Lincs Owl said:

It’s all some of our fans care about and that’s just a reality of any club that has a rivalry like ours does, I genuinely think Carlos would be remembered as a legend by most who criticise him, especially those who always mention the defeat against the Blades - it is what they care about most, he’d be a hero to them because “at least he beat the pigs”

Just now, Carbone said:

It’s all some of our fans care about and that’s just a reality of any club that has a rivalry like ours does, I genuinely think Carlos would be remembered as a legend by most who criticise him, especially those who always mention the defeat against the Blades - it is what they care about most, he’d be a hero to them because “at least he beat the pigs”

A legend for losing a play off against a far inferior Huddersfield side, please tell me your having a laugh.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, toppOwl said:

A legend for losing a play off against a far inferior Huddersfield side, please tell me your having a laugh.

Yes I think people like you who obsess over the United defeat would think Carlos was a legend if we beat the Pigs.

2 minutes ago, Carbone said:

Yes I think people like you who obsess over the United defeat would think Carlos was a legend if we beat the Pigs.

I'd think he was a legend if he'd achieved what was well within his grasp in his second season, the first season was a free hit the second was key, he failed.

28 minutes ago, Carbone said:

The truth is we all said it’s a new group of players that will take time to gel, and it exceeded expectations 

First season with CC in charge we exceeded expectatations.

Second season broadly in line with expectations.

Third season below expectations....

Anyone else notice the 'expectations profile'?

He really isn't what we need at the moment.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Lincs Owl said:

And how about Birmingham and Bolton........

That was one of the huge frustrations with Carlos. You could pretty much guarantee that if another side was struggling, couldn't buy a win, that we'd gift them points.

7 minutes ago, Roy Of The Roasters said:

First season with CC in charge we exceeded expectatations.

Second season broadly in line with expectations.

Third season below expectations....

Anyone else notice the 'expectations profile'?

He really isn't what we need at the moment.

I agree completely - I just don’t like this re-writing of history that seems to suggest he was a total failure here because we didn’t get promoted  - as you said it was more or less in line with realistic expectations what happened 

6 minutes ago, Roy Of The Roasters said:

And how about Birmingham and Bolton........

That was one of the huge frustrations with Carlos. You could pretty much guarantee that if another side was struggling, couldn't buy a win, that we'd gift them points.

I have no desire to see Carlos anywhere near the club again. But to be fair, as long as I’ve been watching Wednesday we’ve always ended other teams’ terrible runs. We did it long before Carlos, we still do it now- remember Wycombe a couple of weeks ago?

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, stocksyuto said:

Cc with stuart gray as assistant manager was what I always wanted they would have done good things 

In hindsight it’s a shame that never happened.

i think they would’ve complimented each other well.

However the recruitment (non) planning would still have seen us come unstuck at some point.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Lincs Owl said:

The Leeds game was a tremendous Wednesday performance.

Kieran Lee was outstanding that day.

26 minutes ago, camffiti said:

Carlos was so close to getting it right here 

Mistakes were made (mainly) in the transfer market and everything went down hill from there. 

A more experienced Carlos might do better without a budget 

More experienced??? He'd had about 40 jobs before coming to us.

• Haha 2