We ARE a big club

Guest Grandad

Guest Grandad

Simon Jordan says he expects Sheffield United fans to be 'apoplectic' after he made the claim that he believes Sheffield Wednesday are a 'far bigger club'.

The former Crystal Palace chairman and now Talksport pundit has been speaking this morning as part of his role on the Jim White Show and was discussing the current vacant manager's role at Hillsborough when he made the claim.

Wednesday sacked Gary Monk earlier in the week and the decision was the topic of discussion.

A press conference with current Owls owner Dejphon Chansiri last week went down like a lead balloon with supporters, when he suggested the club 'wasn't that big'.

However, Jordan has today made the claim that he feels the Owls are a bigger club than United.

He said: "My experiences of Sheffield Wednesday is that it is a phenomenally big football club.

"With respect to Sheffield United, far bigger than Sheffield United.

"I know Sheffield United fans will go apoplectic at me, but I remember them being very antiquated in their boardroom, the old-school tie brigade that we think of with the FA and Sheffield Wednesday embodied that at the time."

On 10/11/2020 at 11:06, TheOwlsofDodworth said:

Big like a big rusty rocket. With cobwebs in the jets and cracked windows. 

To get it to the moon will require great effort and force. 

Who will be the one to shine our rocket, folks? 

Took a bit of research but I think this guy could do it. I'd not considered an American but this chap from Fort Myers seems to fit the bill. Fingers crossed. 

RSCW_+Logo.png

• Haha 1